Post Reply Post Reply
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
lexelle View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sedal conditioners and leave-ins
    Posted: Sep 23 2008 at 2:52pm
(I know this may be the wrong forum, but I'm hoping for alot of responses and I know this forum is very popular.)

Does anyone use Sedal conditioners or leave in treatments either at home or at the salon? I am looking for feedback on Sedal Ceramidas, Anti-Sponge, Lissage, Milo y German de Trigo or any other Sedal conditioner that is moisturizing.

[Sedal is made by the same company Unilever that makes Sunsilk in the US.  Unilever distributes worldwide as Seda, Hazeline and other brands.]

I recently tried Sedal SOS Ceramidas conditioner (only once) this past Friday, I was about 1 week post relaxer with dry, rough ends.  After using it my hair felt soft, smooth, very shine and held my rollerset.  It was as if this conditioner transformed my hair. I've also used the Sedal Ceramidas leave-in conditioner mixed with my MOP leave-in condtioner twice  for my rollerset and the results have been smooth, shiny hair with body.  I chose the Ceramidas after reading about ceramides and hair strengthening on various forums.

Since I just started using these products, they are still in the "trial period" but so far I like them alot.  I read a few posts on Sedal, but many are older posts.  Does anyone use Sedal conditioners or leave-ins? If so how have they worked for you (be it good or bad)?

TIA!!!!
Sponsored Links

LadyCC View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 23 2008 at 3:25pm
Well, I noticed that Sedal products are mainly in dominican BSS and the Sunsilk products are found in Indian groceries as well as regular stores. 

To me that says that this product line works.  I use dominican products so I have seen the Sedal products but I have not used them.

Just a thought.

CandiiMamii26 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 23 2008 at 4:11pm
i always look at the sedal stuff and yea I think its a spanish version of sunsilk

but from reading the ingredients is my reason for never buying it, the ingredients are bad, which isnt to say that it wont work but

IMO you can get something way better out of a true hispanic brand of hair products.

lexelle View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 23 2008 at 5:33pm

@LadyCC & CandiiMamii26 thanks for responding.  I've noticed the Sedal products for a while now in the BBS but I was never really interested in them before.  My interest in ceramides is what really got me to try the Sedal ceramidas, but now I'm wondering about the other products in the line.

CandiiMamii26 you do have a point about the ingredients list. I've used other dominican conditioners in the past and for the most part I liked them, but after awhile they stopped being effective for me. The only one that I can say gave me consistent long term results was Salerm Wheat germ mask.... but I only got about 3 uses from the jar and figured it was too much money for so little.  But who knows may be I'll go back and try it soon.

hajah1 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 24 2008 at 5:30pm
yeah I see them at the dominican salons i go to, but I dont know what what it says since the everything is in spanish on the bottle so I just dont buy it.
LadyCC View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 24 2008 at 6:22pm
Mmmm.....After a little research it looks like the Sedal Anti Sponge conditioner has formaldehyde but the leave in does not.  Someone lists the Sedal Ceramidas conditioner in their sigi on LHCF.  If you Google you will see and can check out her fotki maybe.

I fell upon an Indian Hair site and they recommend Sunsilk shampoo and conditioner to each other which I see at Indian groceries.  I only use certain dominican products and they always work for me. 

The Salerm Wheat germ mask is a great product but the Alter Ego Hot Oil Treatment With Garlic is comparative and works better to me.  The Alter Ego costs a little more but I think it lasts longer.
long_locks View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 24 2008 at 6:47pm
I've used the Ceramidas, Lissage, and Anti-Sponge Leave ins and Deep conditioners. I love the leave ins they all leave my hair so light and soft. The deep cons are a little too light for my taste, I'm used to the heaviness of my other dominican cons,but if your hair is easily weighed it should be okay. The ceramidas is for strength, Lissage for straight hair, and Anti-Sponge for moisture.
lexelle View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 27 2008 at 3:56pm
Thanks ladies for all of your responses!!!!

I may do some research on the Alter Ego Hot Oil  Treatment with Garlic. I do not think I've seen it in any stores near me.
LadyCC View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 27 2008 at 4:03pm
Originally posted by long_locks long_locks wrote:

I've used the Ceramidas, Lissage, and Anti-Sponge Leave ins and Deep conditioners. I love the leave ins they all leave my hair so light and soft. The deep cons are a little too light for my taste, I'm used to the heaviness of my other dominican cons,but if your hair is easily weighed it should be okay. The ceramidas is for strength, Lissage for straight hair, and Anti-Sponge for moisture.

long_locks, this has been very helpful.  Thanks!
LadyCC View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 27 2008 at 4:05pm
Originally posted by lexelle lexelle wrote:

Thanks ladies for all of your responses!!!!

I may do some research on the Alter Ego Hot Oil  Treatment with Garlic. I do not think I've seen it in any stores near me.

lexelle, I get mine from the Dominican salon or online.  I have never seen it in stores.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
iLace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic