Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Natural Hair Care
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Second Big Chop ???

Post Reply Post Reply

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
CrunderNaccis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CrunderNaccis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Second Big Chop ???
    Posted: Dec 15 2012 at 8:30pm
In March 2013, it would mark my 4 year natural anniversary. And looking at my hair, it should be way longer and way healthier than it is now. I never coloured my hair (other than Henna) or even use that much heat, but I have been reckless with my hair for a long time and I am now paying for the price. 

I am a little bit more knowledgeable about hair care than I was almost 4 years ago, and with 2013 coming soon, I think it's time to start fresh again. 

I was wondering if anyone in here ever had to restart all over again. I want to hear your stories Big smile
Sponsored Links

Miss SDY View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Miss SDY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 15 2012 at 9:12pm
Welp..

Here goes my story.

I transitioned in October 2009 until July 2010 before I permed my hair. That was before natural became a trend. And before I knew that transitioning was what I was doing. From July 2010 until November of 2010, I let it grow out some more, tried to perm it, and the perm would not take. So I left it alone until March 4, 2011 and I then chopped off my hair. It was breaking at the line of demarcation and it was hard to deal with my natural hair and my permed hair. Had no clue about what to do so that is what brought me here to BHM. I learned a lot here. So fast forward to September 2011 and I chopped again because my hair was not growing right in one spot..

So 13 months after being natural, I permed my hair again at the end of October 2012 and I did not perm it bone straight. It still has waves to it.

I am transitioning back to natural and I have 1 inch of newgrowth already. I said I was going to do a 2 year transition. Then I said I was going to wait until I get 2 inches of newgrowth and chop but that seems to be coming a lot faster than I thought it would. I need enough hair to keep my sew-ins up but I will see again come February and decide if I want to continue to transition or just chop it all off again.

DEE80 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote DEE80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 16 2012 at 7:00pm
Nov. 2009, I transitioned for 6 months. May, 2010, I big chopped. I didn't like how dry my hair was and the shrinkage, so that August, I believe, I texlaxed. I missed being natural, so transitioned for a month or two before big chopping. The rest of 2010 and 2011, I just kept growing it out and chopping it for some reason. I think I thought I had scab hair, which I probably did. January 2012, I shaved all my hair off. I let it grow for like 3 to 4 months before texturizing it. I did it that time because it took too long to grow for me. My natural hair wasn't dry at all. Confused After a week, I shaved it again. After then, I just kept shaving my head like every month or two. It's December now and the last time I shaved it was Dec.7, 2012. I plan on growing it out now. Well, that's what I always say. LOL I haven't put a chemical in my hair since early 2012. I've just been shaving it off because of dryness. I'm finally realizing that my hair is dry. Cry
ExotiqBeautii View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ExotiqBeautii Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 17 2012 at 7:29am
I shaved my head Dec. 31 2011 for personal reasons. I wore wigs that sat on top of my entire head, because i was self-conscious about the way that I looked bald. After my hair grew about an inch, I got Senegalese twists done by some Africans and that experience was bad in itself. After my hair was long enough to braid myself (about 2 inches) I started wearing 3/4 wigs (curly coarse to blend in with my short natural hair. So the back has been in braids ever since I could start braiding it. I have scab hair in the front of my hairline, so I'm thinking about slowly cutting some ends off as I go along. I caved in around July and tried to texlax to stretch my short hair out for more manageability. Now my hair is more straight at the ends in the front and breaking off as well. This is another reason I'm going to "small chop"
LeeAnnaF View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote LeeAnnaF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 17 2012 at 2:29pm
I BC'd for the 2nd time in July 2012, due to heat damage.  I was natural for 3 years, and that was my first time using heat.  When I was twa the first time after my relaxer, watching my natural hair grow was new, exciting, and exhilarating. Now it's just, I can't style my hair, please hair hurry up and grow.  I wish I did not BC again and had just worked with it like it was.
Napp View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Napp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 17 2012 at 7:14pm
I relaxed, then bced, then relaxed again,then bced again, then relaxed again and now i am long term transitioning.LOL Dont worry girl it will grow back! lol After a while you stop being attached to the hair and just have fun with it!

I refuse to deal with short hair again and after i started back with the keratin treatments I have no issues transitioning.
littlebabybug View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote littlebabybug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 18 2012 at 3:36pm
i've never big chopped a second time, but i have drastically cut my hair several times- the most recent time being due to heat damage and lack of proper care in general
19900107 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 19900107 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 19 2012 at 2:17am
Yes I also feel good oh
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style