Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Seattle Announces $15 Minimum Wage, Highest In US
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Seattle Announces $15 Minimum Wage, Highest In US

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
gabi03 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gabi03 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2014 at 1:09am
Originally posted by ms_wonderland ms_wonderland wrote:

ok I get what you mean...so all the young white people are having sticker shock at the cost of life so things just had to change immediately.

SF minimum wage is 10.55 so it will probably be at $15 6 years from now(did i read it would reach that in Seattle by 2020?) and SF's unemployment rate is below the state average...the increase didn't have a negative impact on employment or the local economy.

Exactly. Things were fine as long as white people weren't impacted by the economy, now they're feeling the pinch and can't handle. Those idiots are still out in the streets right now "protesting" and causing damage that they won't have to clean up and a few businesses closed early thus sending employees home without a complete days pay. They're selfish and care about no one else but themselves. But thats a whole different topic LOL
Sponsored Links

ragincajin View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ragincajin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2014 at 1:36am
Originally posted by gabi03 gabi03 wrote:

Avg rent depends on where you live, I've seen 1 bedrooms anywhere from $650 in the southend to up to $2500 around south lake union. I live inside the city and have never paid less than $820 for rent, and I'd say thats pretty average around here for a decent apartment.

So right.
I spent the last several weeks splitting time between downtown Vancouver and downtown Bellevue. Vancouver's west end has always been ridiculous, but Bellevue is now just an outrage.

I hardly ever know or pay attention to where I'm staying. I expected the Marriott or Westin as usual. But since I have the single greatest secretary in the world, I got plunked into a condo this time around.

I really liked the condo and wondered what something like it might sell for. Good thing I was sitting down when I saw pricing- anywhere from $472 to $618 per square foot. I laughed out loud. On top of the list price, the monthly HOA fees were $0.53 per sq foot. Wtf?

Now you tell me: What's on the mind of folk who build towers for an exclusive few? Not a damned thing except the money. All white folk, a few Arabs and a few Asians in that place. Suckers. Anything for image.

I do hope that the gov't will keep time to the music where people on assistance programs and such are concerned. I think about the people who clean our offices and make lunches and what not. Don't give to them with one hand and take from them with the other.

I guess I have no faith in the market or the gov't because I know that business will do whatever is necessary to protect the shareholders. And that never equals good news for the common man.
*Belle*Femme* View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *Belle*Femme* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2014 at 7:48am
how much they paying rn's?
SamoneLenior View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SamoneLenior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2014 at 8:02am
Originally posted by demilee27 demilee27 wrote:

So if min wage goes up, does that mean county, government and non profit job wages will go up? Because Im gonna be pissed if it doesn't. That will mean that I spent 3 years in school to get a masters degree, racked up tens of thousands of dollars in student loans, just to be making $2 more than minimum wage??? I might as well not go for my PhD... I'll just wait a few years because the min wage will increase again and I wouldn't have to incur any debt

what do you do?
Bored w/Out Me? View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bored w/Out Me? Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2014 at 8:05am
Originally posted by *Belle*Femme* *Belle*Femme* wrote:

how much they paying rn's?

$30 and up...
Bored w/Out Me? View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bored w/Out Me? Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2014 at 8:11am

Avg rent depends on where you live, I've seen 1 bedrooms anywhere from $650 in the southend to up to $2500 around south lake union. I live inside the city and have never paid less than $820 for rent, and I'd say thats pretty average around here for a decent apartment.

I've never seen rent in the City for $820, You must live downtown cause in the CD they asking $1200 or more for a decent apartment...

blaquefoxx View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blaquefoxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2014 at 8:20am
Originally posted by rell85 rell85 wrote:

That's good but im sure they won't get 40hrs anymore so things will work itself out.

This lol. Be prepared to get $15 an hour, work 4 hours a day and have the amount of staff get cut in half...
zolloh View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zolloh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2014 at 8:22am
A lot of people scream for increased min wage with short sightedness and dont understand the economics behind it. Think that $3 value meal @ McDonalds will still be $3 when they have to inc salaries from $7 to $10/hr? Food and gas prices are always first to take a hit.

Not to mention how many people will lose their jobs. Business owners will have to reduce workforce to be able to pay those higher wages + benefits and likely the group to be cut will the people currently making that $7 and their jobs swallowed up by those currently making $10. Also just because the min wage is increased doesnt mean the rest are also getting increases, what are those currently making $10 going to get? A >40% increase in pay to the bottom but not to the rest is hardly "fair", since thats always the reasoning used by those wanting the inc.

Im glad the $10.10 min wage bill died in the senate this week.
JasmineE02 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote JasmineE02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2014 at 11:35am
The CBO did do research on this.  You can look at their estimates of job loss, etc.  It's pretty thorough. 

gabi03 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gabi03 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2014 at 3:01pm
Originally posted by Bored w/Out Me? Bored w/Out Me? wrote:

I've never seen rent in the City for $820, You must live downtown cause in the CD they asking $1200 or more for a decent apartment...

Whoa its that expensive in the CD now?! I live in Columbia City and the $800's is pretty normal but more and more whites are moving into the neighborhood and rent is quickly rising. I've got some friends who live in Cap Hill who pay around $900, some friends who live out in Lake City that pay around $700, and the ones who stay downtown pay around $800 or so. I'd say by next year you won't be able to find a decent apartment in the city for less than $900 a month at this rate. Its almost cheaper to rent a home at this point.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>