Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Seattle Announces $15 Minimum Wage, Highest In US
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Seattle Announces $15 Minimum Wage, Highest In US

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
melikey View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote melikey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2014 at 2:57pm
Yes, Indian and other Asian immigrant families pool resources the first generation or two to build wealth and to get their children the best education. People might look down on them stuffed in small apartments not knowing those kids are probably going to be their boss one day.
Sponsored Links

maysay1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote maysay1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2014 at 3:06pm
Originally posted by Marcelo22 Marcelo22 wrote:

yeah in college I used to stay in "community homes" where u rent a room and share the house....one time there were grown adults just working renting rooms...cool for a student, but not when u enter the real world....a lot of grown ass people are living together because they cant afford their own crib

It's partly this kind of thinking that contributes to people not being able to afford what's considered a "normal" lifestyle.

In Western society what we consider adult milestones are very expensive and the only way to finance them is to go into debt. Specifically because our economy does not support a basic standard of living for everyone while still forcing certain expectations on them.

ModelessDiva View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ModelessDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2014 at 3:07pm
This is for my city

The U.S. Senate votes Wednesday on raising the minimum wage to $10.10, which may help lift a disproportionately high number of LGBT households out of poverty.
ConfusedConfused

The Leadership Conference on Civil and Human Rights sent some statistics compiled by their LGBT partners, the National Gay and Lesbian Task Force and the National Center for Transgender Equality.

According to studies, a $10.10 minimum wage would mean higher earnings for 17 million workers with little to no effect on the employment rate, and could lift nearly five million Americans out of poverty.

maysay1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (7) Thanks(7)   Quote maysay1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2014 at 3:19pm
Originally posted by Rumbera Rumbera wrote:

Not every job is a $15/hr job.

Higher wages = higher pricers for consumers who never want to pay more for goods and services.

I wholeheartedly disagree with that.

I believe that every person is entitled to basic standard of living and a basic income. So, if they are working full time or dependent on the govt because they can't work, they should receive an income that provides for their shelter, food, and medical care.

Of course the exact number varies depending on the area (15$/hr is not the same in alabama as it is in seattle). But the way we do things now is shameful and there absolutely needs to be a change. Of course, basic income can't be the only that changes because there has to be supportive system in place to make that work (ie affordable housing, universal healthcare, etc).
Derri View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Derri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2014 at 3:27pm
All of this is regulated, which means it is an illusion. There are puppeteers pulling the strings, and they could pull any string they want. They could make minimum wage $25 if they wanted, hell $100 even...because money is fake. 

I'm not interested in fighting for 'rights' in the illusion. I'm ready to shatter the whole bloody thing. That to me is real freedom. 
melikey View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote melikey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2014 at 3:56pm
Originally posted by Derri Derri wrote:

All of this is regulated, which means it is an illusion. There are puppeteers pulling the strings, and they could pull any string they want. They could make minimum wage $25 if they wanted, hell $100 even...because money is fake. 

I'm not interested in fighting for 'rights' in the illusion. I'm ready to shatter the whole bloody thing. That to me is real freedom. 

Yes, there was this terrible movie with Justin Timberlake which explains it beautifully. Poor will be poor, the rich make sure of that. You can't overcome that by simply asking for more money, they will put up a fake fight and finally relent. Meanwhile, you're still poor because nothing is free, the rich just raise prices to get their money back.
maysay1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote maysay1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2014 at 4:01pm
Originally posted by melikey melikey wrote:

Yes, there was this terrible movie with Justin Timberlake which explains it beautifully. Poor will be poor, the rich make sure of that. You can't overcome that by simply asking for more money, they will put up a fake fight and finally relent. Meanwhile, you're still poor because nothing is free, the rich just raise prices to get their money back.

True true.

There are a significant number of people who are trying to extricate themselves from this system. Living a simple life where you have no obligations to the government (debt, etc) and can sustain yourself without them is the way to go. But it's hard work and most people don't want to live without the luxuries the modern world provides.

melikey View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote melikey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2014 at 4:06pm
Originally posted by maysay1 maysay1 wrote:

Originally posted by melikey melikey wrote:

True true.

There are a significant number of people who are trying to extricate themselves from this system. Living a simple life where you have no obligations to the government (debt, etc) and can sustain yourself without them is the way to go. But it's hard work and most people don't want to live without the luxuries the modern world provides.

Makes sense, they can't raise your rent if you own, if you don't drive and work in your own community you won't be impacted by gas prices, etc...
maysay1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maysay1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2014 at 4:22pm
Even owning a spot has its risks. Property taxes go up...or the city can use imminent domain because they decide a highway is better than having your house there. And having a house means you have to be connected...through insurance, and water/electricity, etc.

My dream at the moment is to boondock in an rv. Either that or have a small cabin, out of the way, with a bit of land. Off grid.

Derri View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Derri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2014 at 4:41pm
Yes, I too dream of living in reality, outside of this entire illusion. I feel like I am wasting my time here on this amazing planet when I'm a part of the rat race. 

*thinking of a master plan*
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>