Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Seattle Announces $15 Minimum Wage, Highest In US
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Seattle Announces $15 Minimum Wage, Highest In US

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
naturesgift View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote naturesgift Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2014 at 2:19pm
well this place also has the highest suicide rate in US? anyway I don't understand how people are able to live on like $7.45 and hour...
Sponsored Links

Rumbera View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rumbera Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2014 at 2:25pm
Originally posted by carolina cutie carolina cutie wrote:

$15/hr by 2020? That sounds reasonable.

Current estimate for livable wages for Seattle:
Hourly Wages 1 Adult 1 Adult, 1 Child 1 Adult, 2 Children 1 Adult, 3 Children 2 Adults 2 Adults, 1 Child 2 Adults, 2 Children 2 Adults, 3 Children
Living Wage $9.64 $20.53 $24.76 $31.75 $14.85 $18.31 $19.63 $24.14

hmm... *grumbles* in six years
melikey View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote melikey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2014 at 2:29pm
Originally posted by naturesgift naturesgift wrote:

well this place also has the highest suicide rate in US? anyway I don't understand how people are able to live on like $7.45 and hour...

Most making this wage work more than 40 hours and live with others who contribute to the household income.
Marcelo22 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Marcelo22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2014 at 2:32pm
yeah in college I used to stay in "community homes" where u rent a room and share the house....one time there were grown adults just working renting rooms...cool for a student, but not when u enter the real world....a lot of grown ass people are living together because they cant afford their own crib
mommykat View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mommykat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2014 at 2:39pm
Well, I’m thinking perhaps-- this has to do with new laws in the state.
In the next few months Washington will have an increase in tourism, crime, goods and services.
I know for a fact that I will visit there for vacation this summer a few days before my trip.
For example, Recreational Marijuana in Washington open for all this summer June or July?:

“SEATTLE — Drive down virtually any thoroughfare in Seattle and you are likely to pass several medical marijuana dispensaries. On Rainier Avenue, in southeast Seattle, the Northwest Cannabis Market sits between a fish store and an Italian bakery. A mile or so down the road, another dispensary occupies an old drive-in burger stand. There are about half as many medical marijuana dispensaries in Seattle — about 200 — as Starbucks locations.
But unlike in Colorado, where retail sales of marijuana for recreational uses began on New Year’s Day, a year after voters passed a ballot initiative legalizing the drug, Washington state regulators have taken months to craft new rules, and to comb through the thousands of applications for growing and retail licenses. More than 16 months after voters approved legalization, anyone hoping to score some dope in Seattle still has to have a medical prescription”
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/govbeat/wp/2014/04/08/retail-marijuana-sales-in-washington-face-regulatory-delays/

Things that make you go hmmmm….?
mommykat View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mommykat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2014 at 2:40pm
21 and over for Recreational Marijuana in Washington
melikey View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote melikey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2014 at 2:46pm
Originally posted by Marcelo22 Marcelo22 wrote:

yeah in college I used to stay in "community homes" where u rent a room and share the house....one time there were grown adults just working renting rooms...cool for a student, but not when u enter the real world....a lot of grown ass people are living together because they cant afford their own crib

Would you be willing to pay $60 for something like a manicure or valet parking so they could be paid better and move out on their own?
Derri View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Derri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2014 at 2:49pm
The minimum wage here is about to be raised to $11, which means higher gas prices (but they already set that up---last week they reported that the price of oil is the highest it has been since 2011) and the price of food is about to skyrocket. 

Canada has tricked us immigrants into baking a pie with the promise of a dream, then they moved to the suburbs where they eat in private, and now they are closing the kitchen on us. The only immigrants who could get a piece of the pie are the ones from the East because they know the value of family and community. The black man has no place here...unless he too learns that a network is crucial for his survival. 

Edited by Derri - May 01 2014 at 2:51pm
Ming View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ming Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2014 at 2:54pm
Originally posted by Rumbera Rumbera wrote:

Not every job is a $15/hr job.

Higher wages = higher pricers for consumers who never want to pay more for goods and services.

i agree...

if the service matched the price, i wouldnt mind "paying the 5"

Ming View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ming Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2014 at 2:57pm
theyre gonna raise it to $10 here Confused
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>