Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Weaves / Extensions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

SEAMLESS SEWIN?????? pics and video

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
ExotiqBeautii View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ExotiqBeautii Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 22 2013 at 10:18pm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e907mCe-JSQ
Sponsored Links

shantel75 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shantel75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 22 2013 at 10:22pm
Originally posted by ExotiqBeautii ExotiqBeautii wrote:

I saw this the other night. Really good video. Thanks for posting.
shantel75 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shantel75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 22 2013 at 10:38pm
Kami612 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kami612 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 22 2013 at 10:51pm
I saw this video a while ago.
It looks great but wayyyyyyy too much hair left out for me.
Malexandre View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Malexandre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 23 2013 at 12:08am
How are you going to take care of your hair underneath if you can't see the scalp???
pRiNCesSChANeL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pRiNCesSChANeL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 23 2013 at 9:59am
im back! wooo this thread is poppinnnn! lol i didnt expect this much feedback!

so if yall are thinking that they are splitting tracks (besides sassy mitchell) what do you think they do about shedding? maybe they're doing the prep work wayy before the install (splitting and sealing?) or maybe they just dont care about shedding since its so "seamless"

as far as laying the tracks.... do we think theyre being laid back and fourth(zigzagged) or in a U shape around the head like in the video exotiq just posted (im totally saving that vid to my computer!) i wish she would have said how many bundles she used

i can definitely see why they might sew tracks together... maybe thats how they only use 3 bundles to make it work. hmmmmm

and i loooove eveblacc she is so talented and nice.. i asked her how to make the perimeter track "invisible" b/c i just couldnt get it right. she responded with this:
"One tip: start on the right side(or whichever side the swoop is on and pull taut as you sew. Periodically flip the weft up to make sure the braid is invisible. Also, the smaller the braids the better"

that is what makes me question what the hell the track placement is for the rest of the install!

and at the end of the day idc if the "seamless-ness" looks fake shoot if you see me with this long ass hair i hope you know that its fake lol !! but if i am going to pull my hair up or do two braids or something i don't want my tracks to show!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pRiNCesSChANeL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 23 2013 at 10:02am
oh yea and ill have to try the nylon thread again.. i got a spool of it from sallys but it was soooo thin to me.. i didnt like it . my tracks didnt feel secure . now that im switching to uparts ill have to try it again
missyo67 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missyo67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 23 2013 at 3:28pm
Originally posted by Kami612 Kami612 wrote:

I saw this video a while ago.
It looks great but wayyyyyyy too much hair left out for me.
Yes LAWD!!!!  This is not condusive for my protective styling preference.
missyo67 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missyo67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 23 2013 at 3:31pm
Originally posted by pRiNCesSChANeL pRiNCesSChANeL wrote:

im back! wooo this thread is poppinnnn! lol i didnt expect this much feedback!

so if yall are thinking that they are splitting tracks (besides sassy mitchell) what do you think they do about shedding? maybe they're doing the prep work wayy before the install (splitting and sealing?) or maybe they just dont care about shedding since its so "seamless"

as far as laying the tracks.... do we think theyre being laid back and fourth(zigzagged) or in a U shape around the head like in the video exotiq just posted (im totally saving that vid to my computer!) i wish she would have said how many bundles she used

i can definitely see why they might sew tracks together... maybe thats how they only use 3 bundles to make it work. hmmmmm

and i loooove eveblacc she is so talented and nice.. i asked her how to make the perimeter track "invisible" b/c i just couldnt get it right. she responded with this:
"One tip: start on the right side(or whichever side the swoop is on and pull taut as you sew. Periodically flip the weft up to make sure the braid is invisible. Also, the smaller the braids the better"

that is what makes me question what the hell the track placement is for the rest of the install!

and at the end of the day idc if the "seamless-ness" looks fake shoot if you see me with this long ass hair i hope you know that its fake lol !! but if i am going to pull my hair up or do two braids or something i don't want my tracks to show!

I like how Eveblacc responds.  She seems as though she has humility.  I pay attention to that.  I think she cuts the perimeter track (2).  One of her recent IG posts shows coverage of the perimeter braid when pulled up. It looks like a finished install but appears to be only 2 tracks on the tiny 2 perimeter braids she uses. 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pRiNCesSChANeL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 23 2013 at 5:46pm
that makes perfect sense! i suppose those first two have to be cut in order for it to be flat... ahhhh yes this is all coming along nicely! lol

to put all of this together.. im thinking...

with 3 bundles this is how it would go (for a normal density)

2 perimeter braids... and braid the rest however as long as its flat
sew 2 tracks around (under) those perimeter braids from part to part (right side to left side or vice versa however you sew)
for the rest of the tracks sew zig zagged with normal spacing flipping the tracks.... then maybe once you get to certain points go back in between them and sew tracks together?

that still leaves the top part of those perimeter braids exposed.. i cant imagine how how those would get sewed together. lol i just have to try it out and see how it goes.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style