Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Weaves / Extensions (Newbies)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

Sealing wefts?

Post Reply Post Reply

Bootiful Cream

Author
peeka21 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peeka21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sealing wefts?
    Posted: Dec 04 2011 at 10:37am
I am about to take a leap on some hair I need it by thursday. But i havent heard anything about this vendor but I wanted to know when I get it do I wash then seal or seal then wash? ALso the vendor is   http://www.aliexpress.com/product-gs/426980504-wholesale-black-cy-virgin-brazilian-human-hair-weaving-wholesalers. - http://www.aliexpress.com/product-gs/426980504-wholesale-black-curly-virgin-brazilian-human-hair-weaving-wholesalers.html

Diva wigs. ANyone tried them out?
Sponsored Links

CoilyKinks436 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CoilyKinks436 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 04 2011 at 11:35am
I cannot comment on the vendor, but as for sealing, I prefer sealing on freshly washed/conditioned hair after drying. I then do a rinse/condition wash afterwards to remove any residue that may result from the sealing.  
DaishaMichelle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaishaMichelle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 06 2011 at 10:58am
I've never sealed, can you use HE101 Sealent and still sew through the weft? @Coilykinks436
rredict View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rredict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 06 2011 at 11:16am
I usually seal before washing hair. I use krazy glue gel to do this.
CoilyKinks436 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CoilyKinks436 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 06 2011 at 2:28pm
Originally posted by DaishaMichelle DaishaMichelle wrote:

I've never sealed, can you use HE101 Sealent and still sew through the weft? @Coilykinks436

I sealed my wefts with HE101. I think its the best sealant out there but it will make it difficult to sew through your wefts given how well it seals. My stylist plans to seal around the wefts to help extend the use of  hair and prevent shedding.  Sewing through them will break the wefts resulting in more excessive shedding.
ifeyini View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ifeyini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 12 2011 at 8:10pm
Aleens Fabric Fusion is the best that I have ever had. I sealed my wefts with this stuff last week and I  have had  like 4 hairs come out and that was only because I slept crazy the night before and didnt use a scarf or bonnet. Not even Dritz can compare to this stuff. Go to Walmart or any craft store and pick it  up. It goes on clean and takes about 45 minutes or so to dry but its the best stuff Ive ever experienced
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarg
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic