Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Lace Fronts
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Screwed by Jacksun- Beware!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
folk108 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote folk108 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Screwed by Jacksun- Beware!!
    Posted: Jan 16 2013 at 4:32pm

Jacksun has screwed me out of $310 for a custom silk-top full lace with that I received with incorrect measurements. The backstory is below so I won't worry about repeating it.

http://forum.blackhairmedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=345401&KW=&title=jacksun-14-brazilian-flw-silktop-sale-pics-link

Because I wasn't able to sell the unit, I contact Jacksun about getting it repaired. He said it couldn't be repaired so to send it back. I sent it back in September. After going back and forth for awhile cause they couldn't find it. Finally I guess they found it cause he started telling me about some stock silk-top wigs they had. One was way too long (24" plus he wanted to charge extra for it) and the other was already dyed. So we agreed that he would have another one made. I sent him the order form on Nov 1. Checked on status on Dec 4 which he replied "doing it now". That was the last I heard from him. I've emailed him seven times since then, as recently as early this week. I even emailed the address on his website (info@blackhairmedia.com ). NO RESPONSE. I tried calling the number in his email address and on the website. No on answers. After listening to Chinese music for a few seconds, it disconnects. To see if they were just ignoring me, I created a new email address and emailed them like I was interested in pricing for a stock wig. Got a response back from Stella at the "sy_hair2006" within 48 hours with a quote. I've confirmed that they're just ignoring me. Icing on the cake: I received an email (probably mass email) last Sunday with a list of their stock wigs. So I responded to that email and of course NO RESPONSE.

Initiated a dispute with Paypal. It was immediately closed because the transaction was more than 45 days ago (made in May 2012). I then called Paypal Customer Service to try to explain that it takes about that long to even receive the item. They told me to contact the bank and that they don't cover "custom items". I then called my bank and opened a dispute. Received a letter from them saying they couldn't (wouldn't) do anything and that this was between me, Paypal, and the vendor. I called Paypal back to tell them this. They pretty much me I was SOL ($$it Outta Luck). The most they would do is make a "note" in their system about this vendor. If they get enough complaints, they would review my dispute again.

My Lessons Learned:

1) Stay away from Jack Sun.

2) If I deal with a CV again, it will be with a much smaller purchase amount to reduce my overall risk (and anger) if I get screwed.

3) Paypal's Personal Protection policy does not cover "custom items" which is what they considered my wig order. Use my credit card, if possible, which has a much better dispute policy. Did some research on Paypal's handling of disputes and saw more customer dissatisfaction with them than I would have imagined. This whole thing has me using Paypal less overall to pay for any purchases.

4) Again, stay away from Jack Sun. I have no wig and my money is gone.

5) If there's even a slight chance that I have to dispute something with Paypal, file my claim by day 42 just in case I have to use it. I tried to follow their suggestion to work directly with vendor which is what I was doing up until Jack Sun started ignoring me.

DISCLAIMER: I know many people have ordered from Jack Sun with no problems which is what prompted me to try him in the first place. Unfortunately my transaction has been a dismal failure to the tune of $310. This post is just to inform and help anyone in their decision process as they look for a CV. This was my personal experience and may not be indicative of his normal work, or it could be and I just wasn't aware of more of those bad experiences to ward me off.

Sponsored Links

JazziAce View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JazziAce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 16 2013 at 4:50pm
He had an email address for bhm on his website? I'm so sorry that happened to you dear
Bre. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Bre. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 16 2013 at 6:12pm
You didn't send the package back with tracking?  And yes, the 45 dispute window is very important.  I wish you had listed it on eBay to avoid the hassle of sending it back.  

JazziAce, he doesn't have a BHM email address but, for some reason the system would change Jacksun's email address to the BHM address.  I'm not sure why.  

I am so sorry this happened to you and I really hope that Jacksun will do the right thing and refund you or send you another wig.  
starliteboo View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote starliteboo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 16 2013 at 7:55pm
If PayPal does not deal with disputes for custom orders, how do the other women on the forum get their money back from CV when things go wrong. I know I have read about refunds through PayPal for wigs before. Just wondering for my own benefit in the furture should I have a problem
chatnoir View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chatnoir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 16 2013 at 11:03pm
Originally posted by starliteboo starliteboo wrote:

If PayPal does not deal with disputes for custom orders, how do the other women on the forum get their money back from CV when things go wrong. I know I have read about refunds through PayPal for wigs before. Just wondering for my own benefit in the furture should I have a problem

I'm wondering this too.  I've read a post from someone, can't remember the member's name, who said she received a refund from Paypal for a custom order.  Maybe it all depends on who handles the claim.
starliteboo View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote starliteboo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 16 2013 at 11:51pm
I saw this comment posted in another thread from Sistahollywood about getting a refund from Paypal.

SistaHollywood View Drop DownSenior Member

Post Options Post Options      Thanks (0) Thanks(0)
Quote SistaHollywood Quote Post ReplyReply
Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 17 2012 at 9:31am
If you paid via pay pal and you file a it not as described dispute they will agree with you and give you your money back regardless if it was custom or not I know I have been on both sides of the fence and the buyer always has the advantage right or wrong and your only asking for what you paid for Wink

Edited by starliteboo - Jan 17 2013 at 12:24am
chatnoir View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chatnoir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 17 2013 at 12:21am
Thanks Starlite!
SistaHollywood View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SistaHollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 17 2013 at 3:46pm
Email me at msnitabug@gmail.com and I will then give you my phone number and we can see if anything can be doneWink
SistaHollywood View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SistaHollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 17 2013 at 3:54pm
One of the problems is before you sent if back you should have filed a dispute with pay pal then he would have had to either pay you back or sent you another one I send my wigs back to my vendor all the time if it is not right but I have built up a repore with him and that's why some members get better prices wigs and responses then those who buy one or two wigs yearly That's no excuse but that's the way it is .Like I said email me since I would have not been on this site had it not been for another members who is concerned for you Maybe if we the members send emails to Jackson about the situation he may respond to that I don't know but I will be one of the first to do that but email me and we can strategize about what can be done I know what it is like to loose your money so I feel you Shocked
babigirl34 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babigirl34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 17 2013 at 5:44pm
I think you should try communicating with just Stella & see what she could to instead of speaking with Jacksun. I've heard terrible reviews from people who deal with Jacksun directly. Whenever I deal with Stella, she is quick 95% of the time & she has always been helpful to me.

I hope you can work something out.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>