Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
carolina cutie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carolina cutie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 15 2015 at 11:55am
It's disgusting to look at but tastes alright lol. Some people fry it up, I've only ate it cold on crackers for a snack similar to hogs head cheese.

The souf!
Sponsored Links

Diane (35) View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Diane (35) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 15 2015 at 12:40pm
Originally posted by carolina cutie carolina cutie wrote:

Originally posted by nitabug nitabug wrote:

African americans that I know who eat poorly eat take out or processed foods

I only eat soul food at get togethers
IA.

My aunts, uncles, grandparents, etc grew up on a traditional AA diet and they were okay in conjunction with physical activity.

Nowaday processed foods, soul food and little physical activity...Ouch

The little physical activity is a kicker. My mother is amazed at how fat young women and teens nowadays and the belly fat especially how they cant bounce back after a baby in their young age. She was stick thin till she had me HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

Oh its spinach and tilapia  it looked like calaloo and saltfish (which i could eat every day)(some yardies DESPISE freshwater fish/tilapia they call it "fish -fish" because of the hormones given to the fix when young to change females to malesLOLLOLLOLLOL)

African can you boil green plaintainEmbarrassed? Or is the plaintain in the pic ripe but not ripe-ripe
Diane (35) View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diane (35) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 15 2015 at 12:41pm
Originally posted by tawnygolden tawnygolden wrote:

This is a common misconception. African cultures by no means eat a "low fat" diet, this is just more of the lipid hypothesis nonsense that the FDA, ADA, USDA, et al like to disseminate.

Check out www.westonaprice.org

These ignorant God complexed troglodytes...

why must i crrryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

melikey View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote melikey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 15 2015 at 12:51pm
Only difference I see is processed food vs. not
And sweet tooth vs not

NJHairLuv View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NJHairLuv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 15 2015 at 1:43pm

Some people fry it up, I've only ate it cold on crackers for a snack similar to hogs head cheese.

The souf!

I have never heard of a person eating it as a snack before in my life. Only as a breakfast food (with eggs & grits or spread onto the breakfast toast with eggs. Plus, I have never seen anyone fry it. Always roasted in the oven. Maybe you are thinking of scrapple or something b/c that is similar to hogs head cheese and that is really different.
NJHairLuv View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NJHairLuv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 15 2015 at 1:48pm
Originally posted by Diane (35) Diane (35) wrote:

Originally posted by nitabug nitabug wrote:

African americans that I know who eat poorly eat take out or processed foods

I only eat soul food at get togethers
IA.

My aunts, uncles, grandparents, etc grew up on a traditional AA diet and they were okay in conjunction with physical activity.

Nowaday processed foods, soul food and little physical activity...Ouch

The little physical activity is a kicker. My mother is amazed at how fat young women and teens nowadays and the belly fat especially how they cant bounce back after a baby in their young age. She was stick thin till she had me HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

Oh its spinach and tilapia  it looked like calaloo and saltfish (which i could eat every day)(some yardies DESPISE freshwater fish/tilapia they call it "fish -fish" because of the hormones given to the fix when young to change females to malesLOLLOLLOLLOL)

African can you boil green plaintainEmbarrassed? Or is the plaintain in the pic ripe but not ripe-ripe

I agree with the bolded. The high fructose cornsyrup is why the women/teens have the heavy belly fat. Processed foods. My mom is baffled. She showed me a photo of what the 1 fat person in high school looked like in an old photo and the person was the equivalant of 5'6 modern day size 10.

A lot of old school black folks despise fresh water fish here too. The first time I ate catfish was when I was 30 and I couldnt refuse it b/c my dude prepared it for me with love. I have not eaten tilapia b4 and dont plan to.Embarrassed
NJHairLuv View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NJHairLuv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 15 2015 at 1:49pm
I guess that I should read the article. I want some Ghanian food and there is a place near my hair salon so that's what im finna eat today.
PurplePhase View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 15 2015 at 1:51pm
Originally posted by NJHairLuv NJHairLuv wrote:

I cant wait to get to NC at the end of the month to eat some sage sausage, liver pudding, grits with butter and cheese. I know it is not the season yet, but my soul needs that fresh picked cantaloupe, tomatos with salt pepper and vinegar and also some figs and pecans from the tree. My lawd.

where you get these? My grams had groves when I was a kid. She had so many they used to sell them to local stores for their supply. I've never been able to find any that good since my mom moved from the old homestead. Mom used to send me a box of around 50lbs every season. And they didn't last long.
 I get from a place in GA now but they do not compare to NC pecans. No offense GeorgiansLOL

Edited by PurplePhase - May 15 2015 at 2:19pm
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 15 2015 at 1:56pm
Originally posted by Rumbera Rumbera wrote:

Never heard of liver pudding ... let me look this up

gurl...
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 15 2015 at 1:57pm

Some people fry it up, I've only ate it cold on crackers for a snack similar to hogs head cheese.

The souf!

look at you all proper. You know that's called hog-head-cheese. LOL

(something I would never touch but folks love it)
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
iLace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
  Share Topic