FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

School Bans Bullied 9yos My Little Pony Bag

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>

Author
tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: School Bans Bullied 9yos My Little Pony Bag
    Posted: Mar 17 2014 at 4:14pm
School Bans Bullied 9yo From Carrying My Little Pony Lunchbag

video

School Bully Concerns Updated: Wednesday, March 12 2014, 03:49 PM EDT

A mother and her 9-year-old son say school officials won't let him bring a My Little Pony bag to school. The boy and his mother say he's getting shoved around because bullies think his pick of a favorite toy is for girls. It's a decades-old kids show where pony characters emphasize the bonds of friendship.

It's become anything but friendship for 9-year-old Grayson Bruce. Grayson Bruce, My Little Pony fan, "they're taking it a little too far, with punching me, pushing me down, calling me horrible names, stuff that really shouldn't happen." Grayson picked a Rainbow Dash bag out this year, which he says has intensified the attacks against him. Grayson, "most of the characters in the show are girls, and most of the people put it toward girls, most of the toys are girlie, and surprisingly I found stuff like this."

Grayson has developed a following on Facebook after a friend made a support page for him. Grayson stands by his favorite cartoon and the message he says it sends. His mother says, why not? Noreen Bruce, Grayson's mom, "it's promoting friendship, there's no bad words, there's no violence, it's hard to find that, even in cartoons now."

But Noreen says Thursday the school asked him to leave the bag at home because it had become a distraction and was a "trigger for bullying." Noreen, "saying a lunchbox is a trigger for bullying, is like saying a short skirt is a trigger for rape. It's flawed logic, it doesn't make any sense." Noreen wants punishment for the students involved.

Buncombe County Schools declined an interview, but sent us this statement, "an initial step was taken to immediately address a situation that had created a disruption in the classroom. Buncombe County Schools takes bullying very seriously, and we will continue to take steps to resolve this issue." So Grayson is using a different bag to carry his lunch to school, but he and his mom say they don't believe it's right to force him to leave the My Little Pony bag at home.

Read More at: http://www.wlos.com/shared/news/features/top-stories/stories/wlos_-school-bully-concerns-15463.shtml

Edited by tatee - Mar 17 2014 at 4:14pm
Sponsored Links

ms_wonderland View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (15) Thanks(15)   Quote ms_wonderland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 17 2014 at 4:18pm
Woooow, this is definitely a lawsuit.  That's the problem with lazy parents and educators...it's easier to ban the bag than teach their children that it's wrong to bully someone for their differences...missed learning opportunity that only reinforces discrimination practices when they become adults.  It's just a damn lunch bag.
thewonderfulwa View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote thewonderfulwa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 17 2014 at 4:20pm
O so the bag was the blame for the bullying????
AND these are the people that are educating our children there is NO hope.
melikey View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote melikey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 17 2014 at 4:21pm
Aww.
Bad lesson to teach kids.
kfoxx1998 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote kfoxx1998 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 17 2014 at 4:22pm
They might as well start banning kids for being nice kids. 
ShadyLady View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote ShadyLady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 17 2014 at 4:24pm
But Noreen says Thursday the school asked him to leave the bag at home because it had become a distraction and was a "trigger for bullying." Noreen, "saying a lunchbox is a trigger for bullying, is like saying a short skirt is a trigger for rape. It's flawed logic, it doesn't make any sense." Noreen wants punishment for the students involved.

She is right.

How bout they ask those other parents to control their damn kids.
ModelessDiva View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ModelessDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 17 2014 at 4:27pm

i mean...

if he wants to bring the bag even if it may get him bullied i say let him bring him..

it should be his decision...
Sang Froid View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote Sang Froid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 17 2014 at 4:36pm
My son ain't carrying around no pony bookbag.
GoodGirlGoneGr8 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (7) Thanks(7)   Quote GoodGirlGoneGr8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 17 2014 at 5:20pm
Sounds like new teachers/staff are needed. When you get to the point of indirectly siding with the bullies because you can't control them, you no longer need to teach.
mizzsandra00 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote mizzsandra00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 17 2014 at 5:20pm
My step brother is gay as hell.....thank gawd my daddy made sure he could fight....he would beat a niccas ass in full drag.....but thats a story for later daysLOL
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic