FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedScalp smells nasty a few days after washing it

Post Reply Post Reply
Hair ViVi

Author
drzsexiichula View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Scalp smells nasty a few days after washing it
    Posted: Oct 11 2006 at 4:03pm

My scalp smells a few days after i wash it...does anyone has this problem?? I have dandruff and wrap my hair every night ...I don't put any hair grease just pink lotion and i don't apply it on my scalp....

Sponsored Links

HumanBeing View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 11 2006 at 4:09pm
I don't have this problem but my sister does. I can smell her scalp when I'm sitting next to her and she has bad dandruff. We never figured out why but maybe someone here will know. Just letting you know someone else out there shares your problem.
Creole_honey View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 11 2006 at 4:14pm

use sulfur 8 to take care of the dandruff

drzsexiichula View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 11 2006 at 4:17pm
does sulfur 8 do anything bad to the hair??
Ms Lala View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 11 2006 at 4:57pm
Some people's scalp just produces more oil/sebum and it can have an odor.  My scalp is on the dry side while my husband is more oily and he has to wash his hair often.  I would definitely not let that pink oil get to close to the scalp, I believe it has mineral oil in it and that makes dandruff worse.  People who work out often can experience more of a small also.
Claudie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 11 2006 at 6:05pm
Whatever you do, do not apply any oils to your scalp.  It could be that your Sebaceous glands are overactive, and you have Seborrhea.  What you can do, is apply Listerine mouthwash to your hair 1/2 hour before shampooing.  That will cut down on the dandruff and the odor.  You should try Paul Mitchell Tea Tree Shampoo.  You can also saturate your scalp with cider vinegar before shampooing.  If I were you, I would leave that pink lotion alone.
Jojo_iz_Nappy View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 11 2006 at 7:56pm
I think its the Pink Lotion causing the smelly part of your scalp situation and it probably adds to your dandruff. Use another product instead. 

Sounds like you need to do a treatment for your scalp.

Try this:

Use Palmolive dish soap. Palmolive will dry out your hair which is why you must follow up with a deep conditioning treatment.

Wash hair vigoursly, paying close attention to your scalp. Rinse with warm water. Repeat if it doesn't lather. The goal here to rid your hair and scalp of previous build-up.

Condition

When you condition, make sure you rinse it out completely. Leaving some in will cause your scalp to flake quickly. 

Follow up with an ACV rinse and once you dry your hair, you'll see less dandruff.

Hope this helps.

Edited by Jojo_iz_Nappy - Oct 11 2006 at 7:58pm
Sidney View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 11 2006 at 8:45pm
A smelly scalp is a result of a fungus/bacteria growing on the scalp, often resulting in dandruff. I agree with the others, fungi hate sulfur and ACV because they are antifungal and antibacterial.

I also heard of the overactive sebbaceous gland thing which is common in white women who overwash their hair. I did have this problem when I first started increasing my washes, but I think it was more of a fungi/bacteria problem because ever since I've been using antufungal shampoo I don't have this problem. HTH
Claudie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 11 2006 at 9:03pm
Whatever you do, please do not use Palmolive dishwashing on your hair.  If you want to remove build-up use a clarifying shampoo.  Suave has an excellent one for $1.50.  Follow-up with a moisturizing shampoo.
Lovely_Diamond View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 11 2006 at 9:08pm
i detest pink lotion. Personally, I think it stinks horribly and some ppl say they have experienced dryness with it. I say nix that and add a co wash in the regimen after you clarify.
Hair ViVi
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic