Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Scalp Oil Challenge for Hair Growth

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
Juana4ev View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Juana4ev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 02 2012 at 10:08pm
Yes you can join Breta! Welcome to the challenge Lwhite. Wish you the best. Hope all is well. Can't wait to see everyone's progress! Make sure to massage the oil in....circulation + heat (if you warm your oil up) is key.

Edited by Juana4ev - Dec 02 2012 at 10:10pm
Sponsored Links

bslorbust View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bslorbust Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 05 2012 at 6:29pm
I am in. I will be using castor oil. I conditioned and oiled my hair with the castor oil today.
I don t have a starting pic, can you believe it, but I made a starting video. I will create a youtube video for it and post the link here.
Juana4ev View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Juana4ev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 05 2012 at 7:38pm
Nice. Did you warm the oil up so it can penetrate? For the challenge participants, so far I believe it's:

Me
Bretagnesade
Lwhite1960
Bslorbust

Can't wait to see everyone's progress whether it's hair growth or improvement in the condition of their hair. 3 months isn't a long challenge but in March maybe we can extend it. Good Luck Ladies Tongue
Lwhite1960 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lwhite1960 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 07 2012 at 11:34am
bump
Juana4ev View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Juana4ev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 11 2012 at 11:16pm
anymore more participants?Tongue
Juana4ev View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Juana4ev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 21 2012 at 4:46pm
bump
bretagnesade View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bretagnesade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 22 2012 at 12:47pm
I just read what Juana said about heating the oil. When I was younger, my cousin's hair fell out due to a hot oil treatment so I've stayed away from the heat a bit. I do GHE with oil and sometimes I melt the oil if it's solid due to the cold weather but that's it. Maybe I should try warming it to a hotter temperature for better results.
bslorbust View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bslorbust Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 26 2012 at 9:11am
So I have to thrown in the towel. I got a weave about 2 weeks and noticed that my scalp has been itching. I washing and shampooed my hair before. Wash and conditioned the weave. Did a ACV rinse to my hair and weave. But everytime I went ot put in a moisturizer (diluted Kimmay tube leave in) or castor oil my hair will start itching like crazy. I am 4 months pregnant, and I knwo these hormones are involved. I never had this problem. My body is itching more to, not only my hair despite me moisturizing it. So when the itching starts, It usually results in me washing my hair. Its so bad. SO the only thing I can do is co wash my hair which I do 5 times  a week. Sorry ladies. I wil be out of this challenge. The only part of my hair I can oil are my front edges, which I do 5 times  a week. But my hair was awesome when I  was oiling it. Breakage reduced drastically and the castor oil helped thicken it up.
Juana4ev View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Juana4ev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 02 2013 at 1:11pm
awww. Well I heat my oil bottle in a warm water bath... basically fill a cup with hot water and let it sit inside the cup until its warm. The temperature shouldn't get too hot that way. I don't microwave my oils or anything.
Juana4ev View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Juana4ev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 02 2013 at 1:12pm
Originally posted by bslorbust bslorbust wrote:

So I have to thrown in the towel. I got a weave about 2 weeks and noticed that my scalp has been itching. I washing and shampooed my hair before. Wash and conditioned the weave. Did a ACV rinse to my hair and weave. But everytime I went ot put in a moisturizer (diluted Kimmay tube leave in) or castor oil my hair will start itching like crazy. I am 4 months pregnant, and I knwo these hormones are involved. I never had this problem. My body is itching more to, not only my hair despite me moisturizing it. So when the itching starts, It usually results in me washing my hair. Its so bad. SO the only thing I can do is co wash my hair which I do 5 times  a week. Sorry ladies. I wil be out of this challenge. The only part of my hair I can oil are my front edges, which I do 5 times  a week. But my hair was awesome when I  was oiling it. Breakage reduced drastically and the castor oil helped thicken it up.

wow, Sorry to hear. Congrats on your pregnancy.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic