Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth (Newbies)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Scalp Massage for Hair Growth.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
TheSweetLife View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheSweetLife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 04 2011 at 12:47pm
Originally posted by Veemack Veemack wrote:

Originally posted by TheSweetLife TheSweetLife wrote:

Yup its the Babyliss Pro Scalp Massager http://www.sallybeauty.com/scalp-massage-brush/SBS-345898,default,pd.html?cm_vc=SEARCH

I usually use my hands but I thought to give this a try as well. I get headaches frequently and scalp massages give me life!
Oh NOOOO a brush of any type get no where near this very coily hair of mines. So I guess I will have to pass on this, but I thank you for the link, you saved me some time. My hair is long and natural and I stopped brushing a long time ago and I even stopped using a comb. I just use my fingers for styling. This has improved the health of my hair strands by a lot.

They aren't brush bristles like from a boars head brush. They are like thick plastic finger shaped thingys...let me find a picture...

Edited by TheSweetLife - Nov 04 2011 at 12:50pm
Sponsored Links

AmberColour View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AmberColour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 04 2011 at 1:54pm
I'll post my measurements later...
I'm DCing and such.LOL
Lilacflower1988 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lilacflower1988 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 04 2011 at 4:24pm
Too much work for me. I can't sit there rubbing my head for 5 minutes a day. Plus, I just don't think it would make that much of a difference for me anyways.
KikiScorpio92 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KikiScorpio92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 07 2011 at 2:41am
Massaging last week went well but i need to be more on point now so I'm massaging as i type which is always nice to be able to feel the curly roots yum yum. Tongue

Edited by KikiScorpio92 - Nov 07 2011 at 2:42am
Veemack View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Veemack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 07 2011 at 7:54am
Hello Group, sorry I have not been on this thread for the last 3 days, but I was out of town with my sweetie. And I promised him, I would stay off the internet. I had a great mini vacation, and he even gave me my scalp massages, which felt so good, but his big hands tangled my hair. Well we must take the good with the bad right?

Besides that massage, I was slack about doing them myself, something about being on vacation that makes you slack with your beauty routine.Unhappy But I am back on track today!SmileSmileSmileSmile

@thesweetlife, that does look like a nice brush, but you do not understand my coily hair, that would still tangle it, I think. But I will still go to Sallys and check it out. So thanks for the picture.

@LilacFlower1988 I feel ya on the time thing. And its 10 minutes not 5 minutes. But it feels soooooo good. You do not even realize your scalp is tensed until you start massaging it. If you watch TV you have time. Give it a try.

@Yekomod okay I have your inches. And gurl your AFRo if Awesome! If I said it already, I am still saying it again.

Edited by Veemack - Nov 07 2011 at 7:58am
KikiScorpio92 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KikiScorpio92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 13 2011 at 12:48pm
I've been doing so well massaging this week, if i couldnt do the 10 mintues in the morning I was 20 mintues in the evening and now that I got a wig I can easily massaging through my twists and canrows. Big smile

Bring on week 3 and a half.
chichichobits View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chichichobits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 21 2011 at 8:37pm
I have an itchy scalp as well. I have a spray bottle in the shower with ACV. I don't know if I'm doing it too often, every time I shampoo I use it. I spray my hair and let it sit for like 3 to 5 minutes while I'm in the shower and then I rinse it out before I do deep conditioning with my steamer.
bluishgreysky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluishgreysky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 22 2011 at 10:48am
Originally posted by chichichobits chichichobits wrote:

I have an itchy scalp as well. I have a spray bottle in the shower with ACV. I don't know if I'm doing it too often, every time I shampoo I use it. I spray my hair and let it sit for like 3 to 5 minutes while I'm in the shower and then I rinse it out before I do deep conditioning with my steamer.

I think I may try ACV rinses as well. My scalp gets really dry, tender, and sore. I think it worsened since I just took out my synthetic braids that I have had in for 5 weeks. I have been using witch hazel to cleanse my scalp, doing scalp massages, and GHE. I moisturize with only water and glycerin, then seal with evoo. Chichichobits, how is ACV working for your scalp?
Veemack View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Veemack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 28 2011 at 8:25am
Originally posted by chichichobits chichichobits wrote:

Switch your steps. The ACV rinse should be your last step, so you will do ACV rinse after your steam and deep condition. The ACV helps to balance the scalp and close the hair cuticles. 1/4 cup in 2 cups of cool water made fresh each time. Twice a month should be enough. You can apply to much ACV and have adverse affects. Rinse for at least 3 minutes in cold water.

Edited by Veemack - Nov 28 2011 at 8:27am
Veemack View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Veemack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 04 2011 at 1:07pm
Hello group!

I have not posted here in a week! But I am still massaging, and my scalp feels good. Massaging my scalp more really allows me to examine my scalp more consistently, than I did before. And its growing much faster than usual. However I am also doing a GHE challenge, but I started this before I started the scalp massages on a consistent basis. I am not doing them twice a day, as I would like to. I do once a day for 10 minutes 3 times a week. That is better than nothing. My goal was to gain an inch before Christmas and I am getting close to that.

So massage away, if you're game. Its cheap easy and effective! And it feels soooo good!Smile

Edited by Veemack - Dec 04 2011 at 1:09pm
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>