Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth (Newbies)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Scalp Massage for Hair Growth.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>

Author
Veemack View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Veemack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Scalp Massage for Hair Growth.
    Posted: Oct 28 2011 at 11:15am
I am such a fan of things that we can do for our hair, that do not cost a dime. And massage is number one on that list. We have heard that scalp massage can increase your normal hair growth rate. Right? So why is it that we find it so hard to do on a consistent basis? Is it just to easy? Some will quickly buy a hair growth product that claims to increase hair growth, before they take the time to massage their scalp on a daily basis, for hair growth.

I started out this year incorporating scalp massages into my haircare routine. But I did start slacking. So would anyone like to start a Scalp Massage for Hair Growth challenge with me? I figure I can get a jumpstart on the new year.

Scalp Massage challenge: Massage your entire scalp/neck for 10 minutes in the morning, and 10 minutes in the evening. For at least 5 days out of the week.

Measure your hair length before you start, so you can see if it affected your hair growth. Its just that easy! Nothing to buy!

I will post my weekly success record here to keep myself motivated and let yall know how it goes. Anyone is free to join me!

Challengers committed to Scalp massage:
Eboni1
Veemack

Kikiscorpio92
AmberColour
Yekmod

Edited by Veemack - Nov 03 2011 at 9:58am
Sponsored Links

eboni1 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eboni1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 28 2011 at 11:20am
ill join
Veemack View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Veemack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 28 2011 at 11:26am
Originally posted by eboni1 eboni1 wrote:

ill join

Okay, thanks for the support! HHJ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
KikiScorpio92 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KikiScorpio92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 28 2011 at 12:19pm
Aww go on then I'm in I rarely measure my hair so maybe it will motivate me to scalp massage my mom does it all the time.
Veemack View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Veemack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 28 2011 at 12:21pm
Thanks Kikiscorpio92!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KikiScorpio92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 28 2011 at 12:28pm
No problem Veemack I'm not into growth aids I'm more into going with the flow I will defo update all on Sunday as that's when I take down my plaits. Wink
AmberColour View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AmberColour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 28 2011 at 12:39pm
Add me too.
Hopefully the warmth of my fingers will spread any nasty buildup that I have..smilies/icon_stare.gif
I'm going to use vit. e oil when I massage.
Veemack View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Veemack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 28 2011 at 12:44pm
Gotcha Amber, and thanks for the support......So have you tried ACV rinses or sulphur for your buildup problems. I have come to the conclusion that I cannot go longer than a week before my scalp gets buildup. I don't have dandruff and it does not itch. But I get buildup in certain spots. But when I wash it, I am fine. I was the type that washed my hair every two weeks. So I had to really work this into my schedule to wash weekly. But now its no problem.
AmberColour View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AmberColour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 28 2011 at 1:00pm
Yes, I've used ACV and it works wonder and helps with itchiness (which I have too much of) too.
I need to pick up some more though.
I'm hoping to pick up some this weekend when I buy groceries again.
Thanks for your post as I almost forgot. :)

I'm with you on that. I HAVE TO wash weekly because build-up always affects the front of my hair first with the rest being able to go longer without any.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KikiScorpio92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 30 2011 at 1:35pm
OKay my starting lengths are:

7inches the back
5 inches the front
6.5 inches in the crown
a little over 5 inches on the left

This is my first time measuring my hair as I don't care for lengths like as I can normally feel the new growth ad see sublte differences very easily. I've been massaging since I signed up, leaving me with very moist, greasy hands. LOL
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
  Share Topic