Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Lace Fronts
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Scalp Look Throwdown!!!! - Courtesy of AshleysMom
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Scalp Look Throwdown!!!! - Courtesy of AshleysMom

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 262728

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
pinkaboo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkaboo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 22 2012 at 5:14pm
It was I.... I've been looking through all the old stuff so I can get my unit right... Boy do I have a long way to go. Sheesh .... Is it all about the lace?? Is it better to get transparent and work it out with the cap or bandage etc?
Sponsored Links

BayGrl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BayGrl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 22 2012 at 11:31pm
Aww, this was a great thread...what happened??
So inspiring!Embarrassed
Missvw View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Missvw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 23 2012 at 6:12am
Everyone good disappeared 
Blossom8186 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Blossom8186 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 23 2012 at 3:47pm
^^ Lol pretty much. This section is super duper dead these days. 

@ Pinkaboo - Yes the lace has a lot to do with it but it really is a culmination of things. Dependent on whether or not you know how to dye your lace, transparent can work very well. I've found it easier to bleach the knots somehow but depending on your skin color you definitely have to color the edge of the lace to match your complexion or else it looks like a white line around your head. I prefer light brown lace...knots bleach easily and I don't have to mess with the lace (I'm a medium brown/caramel-ish complexion). And as for underneath the unit...depends on the lace quality and what looks natural to you. I've had some units where the bandage worked, some not. I've had some units where a stocking cap looked perfect and some not. It's really all about trial and error and figuring out what looks real on you.  
pinkaboo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkaboo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 23 2012 at 10:26pm
Thank you so much Blossom. I'll just keep at it until I get it right. I'm still trying to figure out what hair type I like. Lol
1TallGlassH20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1TallGlassH20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 03 2012 at 3:12pm
Clap Thanks to all of the ladies for posting up such helpful pics and info. I have successfully stalked all 28 pages of this thread and am feeling pretty inspired! I also came across a youtube fave "meechie2cute" whos video showed me how to do my first install.... Where oh where would I be without this forum?!? Big smile
chatnoir View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chatnoir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 05 2012 at 5:21pm
Clap Clap Clap
hautsdeseine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hautsdeseine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 07 2012 at 1:38pm
bump
ilovelife View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ilovelife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 08 2012 at 2:23pm
memories, such sweet memories........
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 262728
  Share Topic