Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Save a life: be a bone marrow donor

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 6 Votes, Average 4.33  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
PensiveChic3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote PensiveChic3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Save a life: be a bone marrow donor
    Posted: Feb 11 2013 at 4:47pm
Hi guys,

I've been a member of the forums for years now tracking my hair growth and exploring TTT. Unfortunately have been dealing with health issues and need a bone marrow transplant. My family members didn't match, but maybe someone out here will. The doctors say a match is more likely with someone of your race, but there aren't many black people who register as donors.

To register, all you have to do is go to marrow.org. From there you can find a clinic convenient to you where they may do a mouth swab or draw a blood sample to see your marrow type. If you're a match then they'll contact you with info about the transplant process. Thanks for reading, spreading the word and possibly saving me!
Sponsored Links

PurplePhase View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 11 2013 at 4:49pm
Thumbs Up
india100 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote india100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 11 2013 at 4:56pm
I Registered years ago . I will check with my local center and Pass the info to my co workers at the Hospital . Good luck and God Bless .

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PensiveChic3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 11 2013 at 5:04pm
Thanks guys!
EPITOME View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EPITOME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 11 2013 at 5:07pm
...my soror registered and was a match for someone last year! gluck!
EPITOME View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EPITOME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 11 2013 at 5:11pm
oh wow--they ask what kind of black you are....interesting
Claudie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claudie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 11 2013 at 5:12pm
I am registered.  Good luck!!  I pray that a match will be found for you Hug
PurplePhase View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 11 2013 at 5:16pm
My BIL had a transplant that saved his life a few years ago.

Hopefully a match will come thru soon OP.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote PensiveChic3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 11 2013 at 5:22pm
Thanks so much for checking this out! I appreciate the support.

And yes they ask about blackness. I'm of Haitian descent which may be why it's even harder to find a match...not a big selection of Caribbean donors. But at the same time, they say anyone could be a match...it's a game of chance.
ImThatDiva View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote ImThatDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 11 2013 at 5:25pm
I wish you all the best of luck and pray you make a full recovery.Hug
I am a marrow donor already.Thumbs Up
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>