FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Sassy Secret "NEW! Kamo Knot Lace Wigs"

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
Printer_Ink View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote Printer_Ink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 23 2013 at 6:33am

I am not a believer of this camouflaged effect.

- yet again we need a CLOSE UP pic to really see what is going on

- they need a Black model with brown skin so that we can see UP CLOSE how it looks against her skin

Because to me it looks like the light roots are:

- lighter than the mannequin’s face ... and a different 'hue' so I would like to see how that looks against a black person's face with rich brown skin

- the lighter roots look to be 'bleeding' upwards into the rest of the hair (like your natural hair is blonde but you dyed it darker) which would surely look odd on a black person.

This is just what I can see from those distance photos.

I don't know why these vendors don't have enough sense to know that they have to show UP CLOSE photos of these things? Otherwise ... I am always thinking they are trying to obscure the real effect of the treatment because they know .... it does not quite look right.

So maybe yes, there are no knots showing  - but in the process a 'color' problem has been introduced .. so then you are trading one problem .. for another.Confused

My solution for the knots problem/silk top color problem was to change my hair texture so that people can't see much of the roots anymore! It works!

Edited by Printer_Ink - Nov 24 2013 at 6:26am
Sponsored Links

charmed View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote charmed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 23 2013 at 11:07am
How do you change your hair texture?
Printer_Ink View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Printer_Ink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 24 2013 at 6:24am
Umm well ... that is the not so popular part. It depends on your tastes

I migrated to the kinky curly units!

So my hairs looks a lot like these pics. http://blacknaturals.tumblr.com/tagged/curly
ilovelife View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ilovelife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 17 2013 at 7:25am
Originally posted by MochaBarbieDoll MochaBarbieDoll wrote:

Originally posted by ilovelife ilovelife wrote:

this is the method I would use anytime I would bleach my knots, I actually started doing it by accident but it does look very realistic IMO. however I am not a fan of their wigs but this method can be done at home very easily so kind of peeved that they want to tack on extra for something that can easily be done at home
what products do you use to achieve this?

to bleach my knots? I generally use the Revlon bleach blonde highlighting kit and I add a pack of red out
eleanoral View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eleanoral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 18 2013 at 7:38pm
It was rush hour and I was dashing to a train in New York City's Grand Central Terminal - As I neared the gate, a plump, middle-aged woman sprinted up from behind, lost her footing on the smooth marble floor and slid onto her back. Her momentum carried her close to my shoes. Before I could help her, however, she had scrambled up. Gaining her composure, she winked at me and said, "Do you always have beautiful women failing at your feet?"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
www.rsore.com/RS-2007-gold
www.fifa14coinstrader.com

Princess Grace View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Princess Grace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 18 2013 at 7:41pm
Originally posted by eleanoral eleanoral wrote:

It was rush hour and I was dashing to a train in New York City's Grand Central Terminal - As I neared the gate, a plump, middle-aged woman sprinted up from behind, lost her footing on the smooth marble floor and slid onto her back. Her momentum carried her close to my shoes. Before I could help her, however, she had scrambled up. Gaining her composure, she winked at me and said, "Do you always have beautiful women failing at your feet?"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
www.rsore.com/RS-2007-gold
www.fifa14coinstrader.com

Missvw View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Missvw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 21 2013 at 4:08pm
Originally posted by newdiva1 newdiva1 wrote:

so it's essentially still a bleached knot but just ventilated already bleached as opposed to bleaching after ventilation.
Yeah
newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote newdiva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 24 2013 at 2:43am
looking at it again...IA with printer in regards to it not lookin' right on darker females.

This "effect" i think would benefit white ladies or lighter skinned folks of colour.  The old fashioned bleached knots would still work for darker skinned ladies because we match (if u will) the knot colour.  For example...if I bleach knots I don't have to lift the colour to 24, 27, or 613...only to a colour 4 or so for it to appear invisible on my skin tone.
NJHairLuv View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NJHairLuv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 24 2013 at 11:23am
It answered a mystery for me b/c I used to order color #1 & 1B stock wigs from a vendor and I couldnt figure out how the bleached knots at the hairline were completely colorless and the lace wasnt lighter from the bleach, but now I see that they probably used a similar technique. that forehead photo that they have is veryyy familiar. i hope that they didnt use their vendor's stock photo b/c their source has most likely has been figured out if they did.
Bekah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bekah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 10 2014 at 7:35am
Not feeling it... That's how my knots look when I put a little too much bleach and it travels down the hair shaft. I agree, it might not look right on darker skin tones. I'm somewhere in the middle, and usually it doesn't look too bad if I lift the knots to #4 and the roots also get dyed a #4.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions
The Haircare Solution for Locs and Twists
DHT Blocker System
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>