Mynx Hair

Author
Tira View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sandra Bernhard vs. THE VIEW Cat Fight
    Posted: Jun 19 2006 at 6:13am
from eurweb.com:

Star Jones Reynolds had to bite her tongue to keep from cursing out comedian Sandra Bernhard on “The View” Friday morning.

Bernhard has made jokes in the past about biracial singer Mariah Carey appearing to cash in on her blackness only when her more mainstream pop material became passé. Star, reading from the pre-interview notes on her blue cards, asked Bernhard to explain why she is now claiming responsibility for the success of Carey’s album, “The Emancipation of Mimi.”      

Bernhard said it was her jokes eight years ago about Carey “being black only when it’s convenient” that led to the singer’s nervous breakdown, which eventually resulted in this current emancipation.       

Trying to remain calm, Star hit Bernhard with a “girl please” and said Carey has always been open about being black. Bernhard joked to the audience that Star was about to go off on her. Star smiled and said, “I look too cute today to be going off on you,” then rolled her eyes back toward co-host Barbara Walters to continue on.      

Walters said that Carey spoke openly about her African American father during their interview eight years ago. Bernhard finally gave up on the whole thing, shouting, “It’s a joke,” and telling Star she didn’t set up the story right.”      

Then things really got bad. At the end of the segment, the subject of First Lady Laura Bush came up.      

“I think she’s heavily medicated,” Bernhard said, prompting co-host and uber-Republican Elizabeth Hasslebeck to go off.         

Hasslebeck, a former “Survivor” contestant, tried to throw Laura Bush’s childhood education record in the comedian’s face, but Bernhard brushed it off by stating her husband is cutting education “to smithereens.” In the midst of their back-and-forth bickering, Bernhard called Hasslebeck “honey.”       

“First of all… honey yourself!” Hasslebeck fired back, before trying to list Mrs. Bush’s resume. Bernhard rolled her neck in shock and was gearing up for a Bush debate when co-host Joy Behar, the resident comedian of the group, stood up from her seat between the two ladies and said, “I have to go.”       

As Joy headed off stage, Hasslebeck continued yapping her Bush statistics, Bernhard kept trying to refute them, the audience was all riled up, Star and Barbara were trying to talk over them to throw to a commercial and Joy had returned to the stage to scream, “I just want peace in the world!”            

Of course the entire 7:28 minute segment was on You Tube within seconds.  “View” it here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gwIO-DpLeHE&mode=related&search=Sandra%20Bernhard
Sponsored Links

morning_glory View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 19 2006 at 6:50am
Oh my gosh.That was TOOOOO funny!!!!!!!!
The bit where Elizabeth goes 'excuse me?!?' I can just  see her wanting to attack Sandra!! And the part where Barbara goes 'These are Sandra Bernhard's views and not the View's' or whatever...that was hilarious!

Star Jones has always annoyed me...She was given a honeymoon in Dubai, and I was soo embarressed to admit that I was from there for a while....I think she has this 'Got to be right no matter what you say' attitude about her..Ugh, I can't stand her!

I don't watch the View much, I think I've even seen more than a couple episodes...and this is why:)
Beautifulvegan View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 19 2006 at 7:18am
Most of the things in general that Elizabeth agree or I don't. She's too republican for me.
AyannaM View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 19 2006 at 10:30am
Now star is a straight up u know what BUT I loved the way she hit her with the "GIRL PLEASE"

Elizabeth is this uber republican and she can be that way because she doesn't have to worry about her daughter fighting in a war.  Nowadays i can even understand people that agree with it.

That was so fun to watch...Barbara couldn't even speak.
OUWE View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 19 2006 at 11:11am
I can't remember the magazine, but Mariah's father was upset with her because she said she was mixed with everthing and forgot to mention her father was black.  I can't remember what magazine it was in but it was when Mariah first came out.
Tira View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 19 2006 at 11:15am
Back when Mariah first came out, she won a Soul Train award. The last thing she said was, "I want to thank you all for accepting me into your community", or something like that. That always bothered me, and until she was done with Tommy Mottola, she was always very ambiguous concerning her race. He pulled the strings back then, so it was probably his idea in order to broaden her appeal.
AyannaM View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 19 2006 at 11:16am
i have also heard her say that she has some venezulain heritage
binky622 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 19 2006 at 11:29am
 "I want to thank you all for accepting me into your community", or something like that. That always bothered me, and until she was done with Tommy Mottola, she was always very ambiguous concerning her race. He pulled the strings back then, so it was probably his idea in order to broaden her appeal."

Right Tira for a long time i didnt like Mariah because she did ignore her black herritage. When she was married to tommy Mottola and she later admitted that he didnt want her career to focus on that he wanted her to appeal to whites.  Then when her and Tommy split up she did a 180 and now you hear where she is putting people in their place when they make racist comments about black people.  I think black people have a short memory when it comes to stuff like that...which is good for her because remember Michael Jackson mentioned something about Tommy being a racist too 
Tira View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 19 2006 at 11:40am
Short-term memory is right girl. . .just think, I was about 9 when I heard that. And even then I was like, uh huh, who is this girl trying to fool?
OUWE View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 19 2006 at 11:43am
Originally posted by binky622 binky622 wrote:

"I want to thank you all for accepting me into your community", or something like that. That always bothered me, and until she was done with Tommy Mottola, she was always very ambiguous concerning her race. He pulled the strings back then, so it was probably his idea in order to broaden her appeal."

Right Tira for a long time i didnt like Mariah because she did ignore her black herritage. When she was married to tommy Mottola and she later admitted that he didnt want her career to focus on that he wanted her to appeal to whites.  Then when her and Tommy split up she did a 180 and now you hear where she is putting people in their place when they make racist comments about black people.  I think black people have a short memory when it comes to stuff like that...which is good for her because remember Michael Jackson mentioned something about Tommy being a racist too 

He sure did, I remember that and he was ignored, I ignored him because I thought he was mad because his album wasn't making the charts.   And Speaking of Michael, is he on this new song with R. Kelly, I think I heard his voice on this song.  I cannot remember the name or how it went but I know I was rocking to it.  Has anyone heard the song?
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic