Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Relaxers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Salon relaxed hair care

Post Reply Post Reply

Author
Mz.Ragazza View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mz.Ragazza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Salon relaxed hair care
    Posted: Aug 13 2013 at 9:05pm
I am natural
I want to get a relaxer for when i go back to college, but my concern is should i go to a salon or relax my own hair? i am an unemployed college student but i want to look good on my first day of school. My main concern about relaxers at a salon is that they look good but i do not want them to over process my relaxed hair when i come back to get a touch up again. Also I do have some color in my hair from 4 months ago, some bleached pieces and some dyed. Help
Sponsored Links

daretobe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daretobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 05 2013 at 5:32am
Unless you've relaxed your own hair before I would recommend going to a salon, preferably one you trust. You don't want to end up over or under-processing your own hair. Good luck!

Edited by daretobe - Sep 05 2013 at 5:33am
NARSAddict View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NARSAddict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 05 2013 at 3:46pm
I would get it relaxed to be honest.  Since you have previously colored your hair, you run the extra risk of over processing your hair.  Plus the stylist can recommend products to help maintain your hair and stave off breakage.  Well at least a good stylist would.

Edited by NARSAddict - Sep 05 2013 at 3:47pm
hairluuver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairluuver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 08 2013 at 12:06am
A stylist will not only relax your hair in the safest way possible, but they will also give you a nice hair style so that you can look good when you go back to school. I would go with a stylist to be on the safe side.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style