BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Natural Hair Care
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

(SALE!) BALM is da BOMB & Other Reviews

Post Reply Post Reply

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
PRnena View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PRnena Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: (SALE!) BALM is da BOMB & Other Reviews
    Posted: Nov 04 2012 at 1:55am

Ok  so at my job we had this product that wasn't selling well .. At least in Miami . most people want morrocanoil and redken  .. it is called "the balm" by Mikki More. its a leave in that smells amazing  . they also have a volumizing shampoo . but "volumizing" is the last thing needed. .. my boss wanted to get rid of all the sale items so everything went to 1$. bought 5 . its awesome ! it gives me a LOT of slip  and makes my curls frizz free. even in this Miami weather . 

Its still on sale on my jobs website 
. not for a dollar tho.Lolol
http://www.rickysnyc.com/mikki-more-balm-leave-in-cond.html

Or if you are in NYC then you should know about Rickys and check it out .! 

I love it ! it has Shea and coconut oil . and smells like pina colada

Also check out the Curlesque Moisturizing Shampoo and Conditioner. It keeps your hair SUPER hydrated. Perfect for wash and goes :D . And its on SALEEEEEEE

Edited by PRnena - Nov 04 2012 at 12:31pm
Sponsored Links

PRnena View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PRnena Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 04 2012 at 1:57am
Sorry for typos . just got off work nd idk why but my blackberry sucks when I'm on BHM. it deletes and duplicates random words :(

ETA I'm going to be updating periodically during the day so bear with me. Let me know if u have questions

Edited by PRnena - Nov 04 2012 at 12:13pm
PRnena View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PRnena Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 04 2012 at 12:07pm
Decide to make a list of other products that I've tried at my job

Not a fan of these products:

Cocoa Curls - the gel was ok, but the styling cream was like vaseline. The samples are still stashed in my purse.

Mixed Chicks leave in (for kids) - maybe because it is for kids it is too light weight ? No me gusta.

Miss Jessies in the light blue container- it dried my hair out as soon as I applied it :(

One and Only Argan oil shampoos/conditioners/masks - stop being cheap and jusr get morrocan oil. Or else you will pay for it with brittle hair. I've used the oil in my growth mixture with no problems tho.

Anything John Frieda - no . Just no. The frizz free line is OK. The serums help a little in this miami heat. But not much.

Now for other products that I do like :

Redken Smooth Lock, Fresh Curls, All Soft, Extreme , Real Control , Color Extend - any of these lines moisturize my hair to the fullest.
-When you want to do a blow out, use the Smooth Lock Line and the Buttertreat Treatment. I've noticed less frizz .
-The Fresh Curls is good for wash and go's .
-The All Soft I use for baggying.
-The Extreme and Real Control are great if you texlax or are transitioning.
-when I dyed my hair crazy colors the Color Extend helped keep my hair vibrant instead of dull and washed out

Redken Styling Products:

-Heat Glide is a good heat protectant before and after blowdrying. A tad sticky tho.
- Velvet Gelatine is a blowdry gel. I've had better . I think I used too much in one spot because it was hard. But the rest of my hair was a fluffy afro puff :D
- 07 Ringlets is a styling cream for your curls. It provides a nice hold and lightly moisturizes
-02 Satinwear Blow Dry Lotion is a lightweight lotion that gives ur hair lots of body after blowdrying
-Redken Men Disrupt Fibergum is discontinued. But you can find it on amazon. Works 12 MILLION times BETTER than ORS edge control (which I also love) when doing high puffs and buns. Keeps those edges and fly aways LAID

DevaCurl/DevaCare :

First off let me explain the difference. DevaCare is for colored hair while DevaCurl is not.

-DevaCurl Styling Cream leaves my curls fluffy, soft, and smells like skittles
-One Condition is AMAZING. I use it on dry hair and deep condition. And my hair smells and feels soooo good. Worth the $$$ imo.
-AnGel is a lightweight styling gel that is better for wavier hair
-Set It Free Moisture Lock didn't really make a difference to me
-MisterRight is a mositurizer best used on damp hair.

Jane Carter Solution:

-the Revitalizing Leave In works WONDERS in refreshing my twist outs
-Natural Twist and Lock cream is good for twist and braid outs
-The Curl Defining Cream really defined my curls and kept my coworker's curls bouncing all day

Miss Jessies:

- Curly Bettercream. Why does It smell like mint tho? Got the job done without drying my hair
-Super Slip Shampoo helped me detangle my hair after it became matted.
-Curl Cleansing Cream is a good no suds shampoo. No complaints
-Pillow Soft Curls is a MUST HAVE. Kept my curls stretched and fluffy. I don't care too much for the smell tho. But even my male coworkers LOVE it and BOUGHT it for themselves

Edited by PRnena - Nov 04 2012 at 12:27pm
babyk94 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babyk94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 04 2012 at 12:53pm
5 star thread! All of these reviews in one Clap
PRnena View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PRnena Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 04 2012 at 1:40pm
More to come. Bear with me yall.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style