Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > The Archives > Hair Growth Archives > Hair Growth Archives 2009
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Forum LockedS Curl and Relaxed Hair

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
MoreHair_43 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Topic: S Curl and Relaxed Hair
    Posted: Jun 06 2009 at 10:43am
So, I am at the beauty shop and getting my hair wrapped.  My retouch is like 3 weeks old and the stylist is saying you should have gotten a retouchShocked. Mind you she didn't do the retouch. So I told her.  My perm is just 3 weeks old. I asked her if the S-curl I was using made it look this way.

She went on to say that Scurl and relaxed hair don't go together.  This is the one thing that grows my hair.  I know for a fact the moisture is what helped me to get from a bald fade to 8 inches.

What do you ladies know about this?  Is SCurl only for natural hair??

That's why I love my wigs.  I don't have to mess with stylist that don't know what their talking about.

.....................Morehair getting glasses going to read her SCurl bottle.

Sponsored Links

MoreHair_43 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 06 2009 at 11:52am

Found this information:

Here are the ingredients in S-Curl:
Water , Glycerine , Cetearyl Alcohol , Propylene Glycol , Acetamide MEA , Ceteth-20 , Olealkonium Chloride , Stearalkonium Chloride , Panthenol , Simethicone , Imidazolidinyl Urea , Methylparaben , Propylparaben , Fragrance

Glycerine: Its a humectant so it draws moisture into the hair. If you live in a dry climate such as Arizona it may be bad because it has no moisture from the climate to draw from. Glycerine has been always been questionable as to if it is a god ingredient for hair.

Cetearyl Alcohol: is included in the fatty alcohol group of Lauryl alcohol, Cetyl alcohol, Myristyl alcohol, Stearyl alcohol, Cetearyl alcohol and Behenyl alcohol.These larger alcohols are typically derived from natural sources, and have 12 or more carbons per molecule (typically 12, 14, 16, 18, and 20). This higher amount of carbon content makes these molecules oilier (also referred to as fatty). For this reason, they are often used as an emollient in skin and haircare products. They give a smooth, soft feeling to the hair shaft by helping the cuticle to lie flat on the surface of the hair. However, if used in excess, fatty alcohols can combine with the natural sebum found on the scalp and form a sticky substance that makes the hair look greasy.

Propylene Glycol: A cosmetic form of mineral oil found in automatic brake and hydraulic fluid and industrial antifreeze. In the skin and hair, propylene glycol works as a humescent, which causes retention of moisture content of skin or cosmetic products by preventing the escape of moisture or water.

Acetamide MEA: A water-soluble conditioning agent that is compatible with anionic and nonanionic systems as opposed to quaternary surfactants compatible only with cationics. This agent's primary purpose is to add shine.
LadyCC View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 06 2009 at 11:55am
S Curl is similar to Curl Free Gold which I use on my texlaxed hair when I am bunning or wearing a wash n go.  I think that stylist is misinformed. 
yaya24 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 06 2009 at 12:06pm
Originally posted by LadyCC LadyCC wrote:

S Curl is similar to Curl Free Gold which I use on my texlaxed hair when I am bunning or wearing a wash n go.  I think that stylist is misinformed. 

+1
tropical-punch View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 06 2009 at 12:10pm
girl, keep using your SCurl
CrazyCurls View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 06 2009 at 12:30pm
I hear about Scurl alot what is it?
kathy1977 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 06 2009 at 12:50pm
I am relaxed and I use S Curl all the time. I put it on my damp hair after I wash it. Then airdry.

The S Curl is what keeps my hair soft. When I'm not in the mood to wash and my hair feels and looks dry, I'll put some more on there.

Maybe she meant that relaxed hair can't take MUCH of it. Some folks spray theirs on but I put 3 squirts in my hand, rub my hands together and put it in my hair like that.

Edited by kathy1977 - Jun 06 2009 at 12:51pm
Claudie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 06 2009 at 12:58pm
Originally posted by yaya24 yaya24 wrote:

Originally posted by LadyCC LadyCC wrote:

+1

Co-signing !!
Claudie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 06 2009 at 1:01pm
Originally posted by kathy1977 kathy1977 wrote:

I am relaxed and I use S Curl all the time. I put it on my damp hair after I wash it. Then airdry.

The S Curl is what keeps my hair soft. When I'm not in the mood to wash and my hair feels and looks dry, I'll put some more on there.

Maybe she meant that relaxed hair can't take MUCH of it. Some folks spray theirs on but I put 3 squirts in my hand, rub my hands together and put it in my hair like that.

Excellent advice !!
alynxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 06 2009 at 1:02pm
scurl is fine! It keeps my ng nice soft...don't
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More