Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Lace Fronts
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Ruth Beauty has a chinese vendor

Post Reply Post Reply

Author
MochaBarbieDoll View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MochaBarbieDoll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ruth Beauty has a chinese vendor
    Posted: Feb 02 2014 at 11:22am
Just an fyi if anyone is trying to purchase from them. They have a message like several american vendors stating that wigs will be delayed until February 7th. I wish we could find a lot of their vendors so that way people would not ripped off with these high mark up prices
Sponsored Links

MsLiberty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote MsLiberty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 02 2014 at 11:51am
Actually in my 17 years of wearing lace wigs I have found that all the better AV's buy their own hair and have it shipped to China to be ventilated on the wig/wefted for weaving. Which is why they charge extra because they are cutting out the extra process as well as the research time we would have to put in to make sure we still get quality hair.  All the fly by night AV's that have come and gone figured that out the hard way.
I have been pricing and researching it myself. It can be expensive upfront but in the long run it can save you money.
Bekah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Bekah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 02 2014 at 7:17pm
I've been wondering who their vendor was, I bought a Ruth's Beauty beater from a member and the hair is the best i have EVER had. Doesn't tangle AT ALL. It's out lasted all my pricier wigs and I paid $50 for it lol.

Printer_Ink View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Printer_Ink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 04 2014 at 12:28pm
In my experience .. all the AVs are getting their units from a CV... and just marking up the price.

There was a company called (I think) Nature girl based in Spain. They used local labor so they had to pay them a fair wage so then yes, the units were excellent but they cost upwards of $1000. There are also a few AV that also do their own ventilation ... but again upwards of 1000.00 per unit.

The only way you can only pay in the range of $300 or so for a unit is via an AV that has the units ventilated in China. This is because they pay the Chinese people soooo low over there. :(

My advice is to build a relationship with a CV so he will send you quality units at a discount which is sooooo much cheaper than buying from an AV.

I usually buy units in 2's and 3's to save on shipping and to keep plenty of my custom units on hand. I have 3 units now on the way from my CV which costs about $724 which is really like 524 euros. Really it is sooo much cheaper to order from the CV directly and cut out the middle man. :)

Of course this mean you have to layers etc the unit yourself ... but that part is fun.
MsLiberty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote MsLiberty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 04 2014 at 3:56pm
Originally posted by Bekah Bekah wrote:

I've been wondering who their vendor was, I bought a Ruth's Beauty beater from a member and the hair is the best i have EVER had. Doesn't tangle AT ALL. It's out lasted all my pricier wigs and I paid $50 for it lol.

Bekah that is the best to get some hair that never tangles. I have been so spoiled that I get scared if I have to buy from a CV when I am in a bind.

This is the reason I started researching about sourcing my own hair and having it sent to China to have it ventilated into a custom wig. I have had enough of the over processed, floor hair, shedding monsters that some these CV's and AV's call wigs.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style