Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Running background checks on ppl you date?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 8>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 4 Votes, Average 4.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
india100 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (7) Thanks(7)   Quote india100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 23 2014 at 11:01pm
I would advise any single to check . I saw a follow up story about a young man missing for 10 days after meeting a girl on a dating service . The young man went on 2 dates with her . Today his body was found in a burn out house . She set the man up for his nice car and money . Ouch
Sponsored Links

Mixer View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Mixer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 23 2014 at 11:02pm
That's sad and shocking.
harley_quinn View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote harley_quinn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 23 2014 at 11:04pm
Yup I always do my research
mangachan View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote mangachan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 23 2014 at 11:12pm
Where are people running bckgnd checks?  There's the sex offender registry, state offender search portal, I've heard of intelius.com...any other good places?
zolloh View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote zolloh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 23 2014 at 11:16pm
Originally posted by mangachan mangachan wrote:

Where are people running bckgnd checks?  There's the sex offender registry, state offender search portal, I've heard of intelius.com...any other good places?
your county assessor records for tax liens, marriages, divorces, judgements etc
Katrenia View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Katrenia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 23 2014 at 11:25pm
Some people do full background checks, including credit checks before marriage. I understand this because I have a co worker whose new husband had delinquent child support and once she married him, her tax return went to pay his back child support.
Even after they divorced, her tax refund was still being confiscated for his child support. This woman had to hire an attorney to get a court order to stop the action.
browneyez4548 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote browneyez4548 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 23 2014 at 11:42pm
Found out this guy I was dating was married by doing a background check. I didn't even check him on purpose LOL I was bored at work one day  (was working the graveyard shift) and started looking up ticket citations online....I was looking up everyone I knew in the county...again, I was bored LOL then for some reason I decided to look up court records on the same folks that I was checking citations on.....found a marriage certificate on dude.

Been googling dates ever since...
dijah.love View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote dijah.love Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 23 2014 at 11:45pm
I've never done a full blown "background check," but I always do a thorough Google Search, Pipl search, and social media search
browneyez4548 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (8) Thanks(8)   Quote browneyez4548 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 23 2014 at 11:50pm
Oh, and buddy denied it to the very end LOL

Me: So you're married?
Him: Huh?
Me: Stop it.
Him: what are you talking about?????
Me: Really dude?
Him: More denying

This was back in 2007...I still see him from time to time, since he owns a store in  a shopping center that I still frequent. Still denies it. If I didn't know any better, I would think I was mistaken LOL But I know it was def his marriage certificate I found based on the fact that a. His name isn't that common B. What's the likelihood of someone having the same unique name, place of birth, AND dob?? Ermm
mizzsandra00 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote mizzsandra00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 24 2014 at 12:17am
Originally posted by india100 india100 wrote:

I would advise any single to check . I saw a follow up story about a young man missing for 10 days after meeting a girl on a dating service . The young man went on 2 dates with her . Today his body was found in a burn out house . She set the man up for his nice car and money . Ouch

None of this would have came up in a check tho....
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 8>
  Share Topic