Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Ronan Farrow on His Mother and Adopted Black Son
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Ronan Farrow on His Mother and Adopted Black Son

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>

Author
indiecat View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote indiecat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 12 2014 at 7:53am
His tweets about woody when woody was given a tribute at the oscars , his mom Mia is pretty bad azz too. I'm a super fan, so I believe he was just bringing more attention to what has happened. He's very outspoken.

Edited by indiecat - Aug 12 2014 at 7:54am
Sponsored Links

eanaj5 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote eanaj5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 12 2014 at 8:00am
im a little tired of white people with black kids just warning them about the "dangers" or "cons" of having brown skin and living on planet earth as if they cant do anything to change how society perceives us.
You are white just like the ppl who oppress us everyday. Take a fcking stand against the ppl who are doing this.

Its disgusting and disgraceful to me. A black parent who could do more than just warn their child about the way of the world most certainly would.

nah  i didnt read the article, just skimmed a lil bit
callmeDEva View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote callmeDEva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 12 2014 at 9:17am
Is this really how we're going to handle this cop killer phenomenon though? By collectively warning black kids to look a certain way, dress a certain way, you can't do this or that. You have black skin so they're going to think you're dangerous. FOH.

How about handling it at the source? I know we have a long way to go before the perception of black Americans are changed, but blaming the victim isn't the way to go about it.

And IA eanaj
kfoxx1998 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote kfoxx1998 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 12 2014 at 9:23am
Reminiscent of telling rape victims to dress a certain way or be quick and as unfriendly as possible to avoid being raped. 

The victim needs to work harder, the offenders are allowed to continue to offend. 

Edited by kfoxx1998 - Aug 12 2014 at 9:24am
Yardgirl View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Yardgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 12 2014 at 9:24am
Originally posted by bunzaveli bunzaveli wrote:

no offense, i hope no offense is taken, but was woody touching him also ? or his black brother ? is he marlon brandos son, or he doesnt know who his dad is ?

that family is all types of fcuked up

If he isn't Sinatra's boy I'll change my name

Edited by Yardgirl - Aug 12 2014 at 9:26am
zolloh View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zolloh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 12 2014 at 9:25am
Ronan Farrow is a dumb ass
tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 12 2014 at 9:43am
lol @ mentioning all this sh*t that has nothing to do with what he said.
Bribby View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Bribby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 12 2014 at 9:45am
He looks like he has Woody Allen's nose though.
NuAttitude View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote NuAttitude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 12 2014 at 10:03am
I'll probably be crucified for saying this....BUT....... It's sad but true that we have to explain to our children that they should dress a certain way, speak a certain way, not hang out on the street corners, if confronted or stopped by law enforcement just keep quiet, listen and wait until your parent arrives.  Why?? Because we live in a country where "justice" is unjust for those of color.  Why?? Because we live in the times where stereotypes are heightened by prejudice.  Why??? Because RACISM still and will ALWAYS EXIST!   What happened to that young boy is sad and they should hang that Klansmen who wears a uniform and has a license to kill. JMO

Alias_Avi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Alias_Avi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 12 2014 at 11:28am
The first page.... i died

Anyhow, I hate that his entire point was to validate the existence of the fears that Black mothers have regarding the lives of their sons. I understand his intention was to help but White people stay playing victim and beating around the bush on this topic

WE KNOW BLACK MOTHERS FEAR FOR THE LIVES OF THEIR BLACK SONS, NO sh*t SHERLOCK

How bout we get down to the nity-gritty of this topic. White irrational fear and paranoia is given a priority over Black life routinely and historically.

Ever since the Haitian Revolution, Whites have been paranoid that Black people would take their necks. It's been on-going fear ever since and the guilty subconscious of Whites allows the fear to monger but it's their ego and superiority complex that prevents them from honestly addressing it
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic