Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Weaves / Extensions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Roman IY or KS

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Naturalchick30 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Naturalchick30 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 04 2012 at 5:58am
Originally posted by maclady maclady wrote:

Originally posted by Naturalchick30 Naturalchick30 wrote:

I just put a dark brown rinse on my coarse yaki upart and it was shedding more than usual.  But once it dried, the shedding stopped.  I want to get some o
f his coarse yaki wefts soon.  I really hope I dont have the same issue.

Was there a lot of shedding before the hair dried. Will you post pics? I want to try a upart from him also.

I have pics of it in one of these Roman threads lol.  I will update with pics of the hair with the rinse.  I had to wash it with a clarifying shampoo and deep conditioner last night because it was so dry and stiff.  I also added a little argan and macadamian oil to the hair and that helped.  There was a bit of shedding yesterday when I combed it wet.  It never sheds in it's dry state.  Im going to do a clear rinse maybe this weekend because I noticed that the shine is almost gone.  It might just be with this texture because I have Roman's coarse yaki and it still has a natural shine even though its been washed many times.
Sponsored Links

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Naturalchick30 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 04 2012 at 4:16pm
Ok here are some pics of the yaki deep wave.  First pic is from yesterday before I washed and deep conditioned it:
This evening after some TLC: (ignore my edges)Dead

Straightened:
cali1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cali1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 04 2012 at 4:25pm

I received some Chinese Yaki with a matching silk closure from Roman.  I have not installed the hair as of yet.

http://s1217.beta.photobucket.com/user/maclady5/library/Roman

Thank for posting maclady, this looks very shiny and silky, is it yaki or light yaki? 

cosmogirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote cosmogirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 04 2012 at 5:58pm
@Naturalchick It looks allright! Do you think it was wavier when it arrived?
maclady View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maclady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 04 2012 at 7:39pm
Originally posted by cali1 cali1 wrote:

I received some Chinese Yaki with a matching silk closure from Roman.  I have not installed the hair as of yet.

http://s1217.beta.photobucket.com/user/maclady5/library/Roman

Thank for posting maclady, this looks very shiny and silky, is it yaki or light yaki? 

It's Indian Yaki.  The flash on the camera makes it look shiny but it's not shiny.  The hair has more of a natural looking sheen but coarse.
maclady View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote maclady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 04 2012 at 7:45pm

I just put a dark brown rinse on my coarse yaki upart and it was shedding more than usual.  But once it dried, the shedding stopped.  I want to get some o
f his coarse yaki wefts soon.  I really hope I dont have the same issue.

Was there a lot of shedding before the hair dried. Will you post pics? I want to try a upart from him also.

I have pics of it in one of these Roman threads lol.  I will update with pics of the hair with the rinse.  I had to wash it with a clarifying shampoo and deep conditioner last night because it was so dry and stiff.  I also added a little argan and macadamian oil to the hair and that helped.  There was a bit of shedding yesterday when I combed it wet.  It never sheds in it's dry state.  Im going to do a clear rinse maybe this weekend because I noticed that the shine is almost gone.  It might just be with this texture because I have Roman's coarse yaki and it still has a natural shine even though its been washed many times.

Love Love the deep waves after TLC. Very nice natural looking texture. Looks good straightened as well.
Mahoganyjd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mahoganyjd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 13 2012 at 12:00pm
Can someone tell me if his stock closures look thick?  I think that they are 100-120% and I'm thinking that would require some work to get it to look natural.  
rredict View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rredict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 13 2012 at 12:46pm
It depends on the hair texture. I have thin out a couple of my instock closures from Roman. Once I did this, they looked very natural.
Mahoganyjd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mahoganyjd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 13 2012 at 7:06pm
Originally posted by rredict rredict wrote:

It depends on the hair texture. I have thin out a couple of my instock closures from Roman. Once I did this, they looked very natural.
Yeah I didn't want to have to thin it out. I'm thinking of getting some IY.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Naturalchick30 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 13 2012 at 7:17pm
Originally posted by Mahoganyjd Mahoganyjd wrote:

Originally posted by rredict rredict wrote:

Yeah I didn't want to have to thin it out. I'm thinking of getting some IY.

Maybe 80-90% density.

Edited by Naturalchick30 - Dec 13 2012 at 7:18pm
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910>