Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Lace Fronts
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Roman Hair dissapointed :(

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
innovativelace View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote innovativelace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Roman Hair dissapointed :(
    Posted: Feb 12 2013 at 8:26pm
Hi guys, so I ordered an IR yaki unit from Roman. I have been wearing lace wigs for years, so I thought I would give him a try since my vendor is out of business.  

When I first received the unit, the hairline density had to be at least 150%.  I washed it in the same moisture renewal shampoo as I wash all my other units and the unit was wearable but started turning into a rats nest.  It was to the point where I had to brush my hair every 10 minutes to keep it down. 

So I rushed home, removed my application,  and washed the hair again. Only this time I was not even able to pull a comb through it. It is literally laying on a towel in my bathroom. I have never experienced hair turning on me like this after only one wash.  I'm 6 months pregnant and dont feel like attempting a bleach bath or anything like that. I just feel like I wasted money. Cry

Has anyone else had this problem with Roman?   Is there a good vendor out there besides my go to vendor Rex.  (pm me if you dont feel comfortable blurting it out). 

Thanks. 
Sponsored Links

ilovelife View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ilovelife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 12 2013 at 11:45pm
Hey girl!! Congrats on the pregnancy and how's your little one? I remember me and you were pregnant at the same time and girl I understand how you feel I'm too busy too fool with units I even stopped wearing glue cause I'm too tired to do applications. Sounds like a bad batch of hair and even if you did a bleach bath it wouldn't help much, had this problem with a unit from Holly years ago it was KS. I've never tried Roman and haven't had to order a unit in a while but on the hint for a new vendor as well.
Hope someone can chime in and help ya out :)

Edited by ilovelife - Feb 12 2013 at 11:46pm
cocolocs99 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cocolocs99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 13 2013 at 12:36am
Hello Innovativelace,

Congratulations on your new baby....I sincerly hope you and the little one are doing well this evening!

I'm very sorry to hear about your bad experience with Roman, I totally understand because I too received U-Part wig in Malaysian light Yaki from Roman and it has been a hot mess every since I got it!  I receive the wig in early January 2013 and I have already done 3 bleach baths and that thing still tangles a lot  just not as bad as before.   The bleach actually has actually helped a bit and it should get me through the next two weeks when I'm able to get a new wig...Argh!!!Cry 

So, I would suggest trying a couple of bleach baths...LOL!!!  Maybe you can get someone to do it for you or if not just make sure you are in a very well ventilated area! Wink

Good luck and many blessings to you and your baby! Big smile
starliteboo View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote starliteboo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 13 2013 at 6:03am
It appears that Roman has become victim of the BHM bandwagon effect. I usually stay in the lace wig section because that is all I wear but I do go into the weave section and they have more then one thread about the quality of his hair being hit or miss, more miss as of late. I will PM you some of the vendors I have tried and have had no problems.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote innovativelace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 13 2013 at 11:25am
Originally posted by ilovelife ilovelife wrote:

Hey girl!! Congrats on the pregnancy and how's your little one? I remember me and you were pregnant at the same time and girl I understand how you feel I'm too busy too fool with units I even stopped wearing glue cause I'm too tired to do applications. Sounds like a bad batch of hair and even if you did a bleach bath it wouldn't help much, had this problem with a unit from Holly years ago it was KS. I've never tried Roman and haven't had to order a unit in a while but on the hint for a new vendor as well.
Hope someone can chime in and help ya out :)
ILOVELIFE!!!!! Smile

how are u????? thank you so much!!! Girl, this is the second and last baby, no more for me!
Seems like it gets tougher each time.
 how is your baby doing?
Girl, my daughter is growing so big, its hard to imagine they are about to be three years old!!!!  God is a mighty God!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote innovativelace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 13 2013 at 11:29am
Originally posted by cocolocs99 cocolocs99 wrote:

Hello Innovativelace,

Congratulations on your new baby....I sincerly hope you and the little one are doing well this evening!

I'm very sorry to hear about your bad experience with Roman, I totally understand because I too received U-Part wig in Malaysian light Yaki from Roman and it has been a hot mess every since I got it!  I receive the wig in early January 2013 and I have already done 3 bleach baths and that thing still tangles a lot  just not as bad as before.   The bleach actually has actually helped a bit and it should get me through the next two weeks when I'm able to get a new wig...Argh!!!Cry 

So, I would suggest trying a couple of bleach baths...LOL!!!  Maybe you can get someone to do it for you or if not just make sure you are in a very well ventilated area! Wink

Good luck and many blessings to you and your baby! Big smile
Thanks so much, girl, i'm over the bleach baths,  i'm tired of this bad hair going around!!! gotta keep a big ol wig brush in my purse just to beat that thing into submission every 10 minutes. All I want is some nice behaving hair at a good cost. is that so much to ask from a vendor these days????? geez!  LOL

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote innovativelace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 13 2013 at 11:30am
Originally posted by starliteboo starliteboo wrote:

It appears that Roman has become victim of the BHM bandwagon effect. I usually stay in the lace wig section because that is all I wear but I do go into the weave section and they have more then one thread about the quality of his hair being hit or miss, more miss as of late. I will PM you some of the vendors I have tried and have had no problems.

thanks hun! i got your pm, thanks so much ! Wink
ilovelife View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ilovelife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 13 2013 at 1:17pm
Girl I'm too old for any more kids!! My body can't take it anymore! Terrible twos has lasted over 365 days and seems we'll be in terrible 3,s soon lol! But so blessed loving watching my kids grow do you know what you are having? and yeah it's best you stay away from chemicals, especially bleach, have you tried ACV bath and deep deep conditioning? I hate to see a lace front go bad :(
chatnoir View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chatnoir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 13 2013 at 8:19pm
Eek, do you have Cowboy Magic, Survivor, and/or It's a 10 in your hair products arsenal?  I was going to try Roman, I really wanted to.  I wonder if anyone has had any success with Roman lately?

Grats on your new little one. Smile
naturesgift View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote naturesgift Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 06 2013 at 7:09pm
wow! sorry to hear that... that is dissapointing
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic