BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Natural Hair Care
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Roller sets on natural hair

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12

Author
bohomojo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bohomojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 17 2014 at 10:22am
Curlformers are really cheap on ebay. They aren't the real brand, but the achieve the same exact look. I ordered 30 curlformers for a full head. The method is really simple for anyone and they help smooth out your roots too because of the tension at the top of the curlformer. They give more of a spiral effect than a roller set effect but you can choose the size you want on ebay in order to achieve a less curly look.
Sponsored Links

UrbanElegance View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UrbanElegance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 24 2014 at 9:35pm
I used perm rods to achieve this look. I love the way it looks on the first day but maintaining it in the summer humidity is difficult.

Edited by UrbanElegance - Jun 24 2014 at 9:37pm
nicks_hotmama06 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nicks_hotmama06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 26 2014 at 8:40am
   After a seven day stretch, I did the MHM regime on my daughter again. I don't do wash and goes on her as she just turned five. For the most part, I keep her extremely thick, very fine hair in twists that can be put into pigtails or ponytails. I noticed that detangling, and sectioning seemed to be easier and go faster.  Now, I do keep her hair in the twists while clarifying and conditioning, so that may also cut down on the tangling (I have done it that way for a while because she is extremely tender headed and cries during combing - this lessens the need for intensive detangling). I also noticed that her twists didn't seem to shrink up quite as much as when I was doing the TCM. Her hair when stretched reaches her lower back and the shrinkage is unreal......but noticeably less than before.Tongue
     Since I still have that rotten chemically altered hair on my ends, finger detangling is a no-go. It's painful and my fingers get caught no matter what.....so I still use my denman for detangling. I  read that this will disturb the curls from clumping. Is this damage permanent? When I finally have all the ends gone, will the curls clump as they should? Will denman detangling and twisting or braiding for other styles cost all the hard work of developing curl clumps???
NARSAddict View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NARSAddict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 26 2014 at 9:58am
Originally posted by UrbanElegance UrbanElegance wrote:

I used perm rods to achieve this look. I love the way it looks on the first day but maintaining it in the summer humidity is difficult.

What kind of setting lotion do you use?
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 26 2014 at 3:18pm
Originally posted by nicks_hotmama06 nicks_hotmama06 wrote:

After a seven day stretch, I did the MHM regime on my daughter again. I don't do wash and goes on her as she just turned five. For the most part, I keep her extremely thick, very fine hair in twists that can be put into pigtails or ponytails. I noticed that detangling, and sectioning seemed to be easier and go faster. Now, I do keep her hair in the twists while clarifying and conditioning, so that may also cut down on the tangling (I have done it that way for a while because she is extremely tender headed and cries during combing - this lessens the need for intensive detangling). I also noticed that her twists didn't seem to shrink up quite as much as when I was doing the TCM. Her hair when stretched reaches her lower back and the shrinkage is unreal......but noticeably less than before.Tongue
     Since I still have that rotten chemically altered hair on my ends, finger detangling is a no-go. It's painful and my fingers get caught no matter what.....so I still use my denman for detangling. I read that this will disturb the curls from clumping. Is this damage permanent? When I finally have all the ends gone, will the curls clump as they should? Will denman detangling and twisting or braiding for other styles cost all the hard work of developing curl clumps???
nicks_hotmama I think you accidentally posted this here instead of the MHM thread, so i will paste it there and then answer.
nicks_hotmama06 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nicks_hotmama06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 29 2014 at 12:29pm
Originally posted by pinkecube pinkecube wrote:

Originally posted by nicks_hotmama06 nicks_hotmama06 wrote:

After a seven day stretch, I did the MHM regime on my daughter again. I don't do wash and goes on her as she just turned five. For the most part, I keep her extremely thick, very fine hair in twists that can be put into pigtails or ponytails. I noticed that detangling, and sectioning seemed to be easier and go faster. Now, I do keep her hair in the twists while clarifying and conditioning, so that may also cut down on the tangling (I have done it that way for a while because she is extremely tender headed and cries during combing - this lessens the need for intensive detangling). I also noticed that her twists didn't seem to shrink up quite as much as when I was doing the TCM. Her hair when stretched reaches her lower back and the shrinkage is unreal......but noticeably less than before.Tongue
     Since I still have that rotten chemically altered hair on my ends, finger detangling is a no-go. It's painful and my fingers get caught no matter what.....so I still use my denman for detangling. I read that this will disturb the curls from clumping. Is this damage permanent? When I finally have all the ends gone, will the curls clump as they should? Will denman detangling and twisting or braiding for other styles cost all the hard work of developing curl clumps???
nicks_hotmama I think you accidentally posted this here instead of the MHM thread, so i will paste it there and then answer.

Lol!!! Thanks Pinke! Glad you caught thatEmbarrassed
asiacruz04 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asiacruz04 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 12 2014 at 2:26pm
i love your color NARSaddict

Edited by asiacruz04 - Jul 12 2014 at 2:27pm
UrbanElegance View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UrbanElegance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 11 2014 at 9:54am
Hey Nars! Sorry for the delay. I used mane and tail conditioner as my leave in, 4 naturals afro stretch and eco styler gel to set my hair.
asiacruz04 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asiacruz04 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 11 2014 at 10:55am
I achieved this look using the orange and grey perm rods and I only used extra virgin olive oil and As I Am leave in conditioner. It lasts for two days if the humidity isn't bad.

http://s300.photobucket.com/user/asiacruz04/media/4630c582-dc05-4a70-9ba5-2ba82522cac0.jpg. -
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic