Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Natural Hair Care
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Rodset on Natural Hair

Post Reply Post Reply

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
2cute View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2cute Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rodset on Natural Hair
    Posted: Dec 14 2012 at 11:51pm
So Ive been natural for over a year now. Ive been bored with my hair and plan on doing a rodset tomorrow (with the perm rods) Any suggestions on what setting lotions/products I can use on my hair? Im between a 4b/c (I think)
Sponsored Links

2cute View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2cute Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 15 2012 at 9:48am
Bump.. So no one has done a rodset before?
darlinnic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darlinnic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 15 2012 at 9:53am
I think there are a slew of threads on this that's why no one is responding...

http://forum.blackhairmedia.com/flexi-rod-set-on-natural-hair_topic58033.html

http://forum.blackhairmedia.com/flexi-rod-set-what-products-to-use_topic301716.html

As well as hundreds of you tube videos that will show you step by step.

Heavy Rotation View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heavy Rotation Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 15 2012 at 4:21pm
hey op, you might want to post it in the 4c thread.  people may have tips.  lottabody is good, but it has parabens, i think, if you care about stuff like that.  

i am still looking for something that does the job for my hair - i was thinking of organix foam serum (don't remember the name), or jane carter's wrap and roll (i think it is hit or miss on 4c natural hair...on my relaxed hair, it was amazing)...not sure.
2cute View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2cute Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 15 2012 at 11:21pm
Originally posted by darlinnic darlinnic wrote:

I think there are a slew of threads on this that's why no one is responding...

http://forum.blackhairmedia.com/flexi-rod-set-on-natural-hair_topic58033.html

http://forum.blackhairmedia.com/flexi-rod-set-what-products-to-use_topic301716.html

As well as hundreds of you tube videos that will show you step by step.

I originally tried those searches but noticed there were few responses to them..
2cute View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2cute Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 15 2012 at 11:25pm
Originally posted by Heavy Rotation Heavy Rotation wrote:

hey op, you might want to post it in the 4c thread.  people may have tips.  lottabody is good, but it has parabens, i think, if you care about stuff like that.  

i am still looking for something that does the job for my hair - i was thinking of organix foam serum (don't remember the name), or jane carter's wrap and roll (i think it is hit or miss on 4c natural hair...on my relaxed hair, it was amazing)...not sure.

Thanks Heavy. Yea I used to use lottabody back when I was relaxed and it worked pretty well. I was going to have my hairdresser use it on my hair today but she said its no bueno on natural hair. She ended up using a curl holding cream by mizani
902sexxi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 902sexxi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 16 2012 at 1:26am
2Cute, what worked on my dense 4b hair was a heavy setting lotion with a cream consistency. Lottabody had a cream setting lotion that had excellent hold and shine. A fine tooth comb is also neccessary to get rid of tangles, you want York hair smooth so that your "set" comes out nicely
A good strong gel like Fantasia with sparklelites or even ecostyler strong hold works as well. Make sure you give your Hair enough time to dry or the style will frizz up.
Heavy Rotation View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heavy Rotation Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 16 2012 at 2:06pm
^^^interesting that the gel worked so well.  i imagine such dry, stiff hair with it.  

awesome!
Napp View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Napp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 17 2012 at 12:50am
i used to do rod sets all of the time. for natural hair i would recommend elasta qp design foam and a leave in conditioner. 
902sexxi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 902sexxi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 18 2012 at 1:06pm

The Key to avoid the crunch with the Gel is to layer a moisturizing leave-in under the gel. Well that what worked for me anyways. Let us know how your set turns out.

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply