Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Robber fatally shot in Atlanta

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1415161718 22>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 4 Votes, Average 4.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
nitabug View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (8) Thanks(8)   Quote nitabug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 25 2013 at 7:16am
The shooter was a civilian, he acted fast and didn't have on a bullet proof vest. He wasn't a police officer nor prior military.

And there is video...and the nicca had a gun. So, um, yea
Sponsored Links

Jewelsnyc View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote Jewelsnyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 25 2013 at 7:26am
Originally posted by JoliePoufiasse JoliePoufiasse wrote:

Originally posted by nekamarie83 nekamarie83 wrote:

Originally posted by JoliePoufiasse JoliePoufiasse wrote:

OVER A SHOE???
no. the moment he decided to rob people, the possibly of safety and/or life and death were on the table.  

stepping back in line? now that was over a shoe. 

if you are (planning on) robbing people, death is an occupational hazard. 

Y'all are just too desensitized to violence, you can't see straight. In most countries, that WOULD be considered murder (now whether due process would occur or not, that would be another story depending on the location). I would have understood if the robber was facing him and he was still in imminent danger. But HE GOT SHOT IN THE BACK!!! What's wrong with you people???

So a pickpocket deserves DEATH??? Where is your sense of proportions? The whole of American culture has gone mad...
dramatic much? Ermm
Merin View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Merin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 25 2013 at 7:39am
Here is what the news says happened:

Witnesses say that around 5:30 a.m., a man approached the group, pulled out a gun and demanded cash.  The video shows commotion that comes from attempted robbery, but it doesn't show a man in a white shirt—who has been identified by police as Marvin Jones-- pulling a gun on the robber.

The police report says Jones shot the robber, 36-year-old Sandy Ezzard, and the video shows Ezzard trying to run away.  He ultimately collapsed and died a few feet outside of the camera's range.

When police arrived, Jones—a licensed gun owner—handed his weapon over to officers, and according to the police report, told them he killed Ezzard.

Here is the criminal record of the deceased : http://tinyurl.com/pumpjlz
SamoneLenior View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote SamoneLenior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 25 2013 at 7:42am

yeah that guy that was killed was a menace and would have eventually killed someone
femmemichelle View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote femmemichelle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 25 2013 at 8:00am
Originally posted by Merin Merin wrote:

Here is what the news says happened:

Witnesses say that around 5:30 a.m., a man approached the group, pulled out a gun and demanded cash.  The video shows commotion that comes from attempted robbery, but it doesn't show a man in a white shirt—who has been identified by police as Marvin Jones-- pulling a gun on the robber.

The police report says Jones shot the robber, 36-year-old Sandy Ezzard, and the video shows Ezzard trying to run away.  He ultimately collapsed and died a few feet outside of the camera's range.

When police arrived, Jones—a licensed gun owner—handed his weapon over to officers, and according to the police report, told them he killed Ezzard.

Here is the criminal record of the deceased : http://tinyurl.com/pumpjlz

Jolie, he threatened all of their lives first. 
femmemichelle View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote femmemichelle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 25 2013 at 8:03am
Jolie you're comparing apples to oranges in this thread. If the pickpocketing gypsies had GUNS on the people they were robbing, the victims are well within their rights to protect themselves. 
bindy View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote bindy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 25 2013 at 8:25am
"Here is the criminal record of the deceased : http://tinyurl.com/pumpjlz"

lol so the guy that got shot was arrested like 20 times.....
Jewelsnyc View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (7) Thanks(7)   Quote Jewelsnyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 25 2013 at 8:28am
I appreciate your passion Jolie (although I could've done without the insults LOL). The fact that the man was a career criminal is a major factor as to why he's dead now...

Here is the criminal record of the deceased : http://tinyurl.com/pumpjlz (thanks Merin)

I fully believe in the right to bear arms and protect your life, property and the life of others that are in imminent danger. No one has the right to threaten your life or property, it is a constitutional right as an American citizen to protect and defend yourself within your states laws.

I don't know if you've ever been a victim of a crime (no less robbed at gunpoint), but if you have, and made it out physically unscatched, (emotionally you'll never be the same), you damn sure will insure that that never happens again.

The gentleman who ended the assailants life, was in the legal right to possess the firearm. He only brandished his firearm when equal force and imminent danger to his life was presented to him. The assailant didn't have a knife, he had a gun and presented that gun to take with force what he wanted. Anyone that is willing to use a deadly weapon to take your property, it is safe to assume that he/she has no problem with going further and take your life with said weapon.

The assailant didn't have a change of heart, and trotted off because he decided that robbing wasn't the right thing to do...he was in the process of taking by force (ie a robbery) and fled only because he was being fired upon.

You can't cross-reference a crime of a pickpocketer who is unarmed, to a assalant with a firearm, who used the deadly weapon to comment a violent crime...Two different issues.

Life is not fair, every day people prey on each other, the assailant has done this repeatedly. Unprovoked attacks on people who didn't ask to be victimized by him. The man who used deadly force to neutralize the assailant in my opinion made a split decision to prevent injury and possibly save his life and the lives of the surrounding crowd.

Edited by Jewelsnyc - Jun 25 2013 at 8:29am
JoliePoufiasse View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 25 2013 at 8:51am
Originally posted by joileprincess joileprincess wrote:

Jolie, this guy was not a pickpocket. He was attempting to rob those people at gunpoint. Do not downplay his crime or his intentions. . He didn't get killed for shoes, he was killed because he was committing armed robbery (or whatever). He tried to instill fear with that gun and who knows if he would've used it.

Speaking for myself, if someone pulls a gun out on me I am not assuming that its just for shock value. If I am also armed then I'll try my damnest to live to tell my story. There will be one story.

OK, this tidbit I didn't know. I didn't realize he pulled out a gun. I just thought that was some fool trying to distract people and lift their wallets. That changes things completely. It basically invalidates everything I've said in this thread. I thought you guys were cheering at some unarmed pickpocket getting shot in the back execution-style, which let me to assume that some of y'all were living in some kind of old western flick, lol.

However, had the robber been unarmed and shot in the back like I previously thought, this would have been murder.

Edited by JoliePoufiasse - Jun 25 2013 at 9:01am
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (9) Thanks(9)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 25 2013 at 9:03am
Originally posted by JamCaygirl JamCaygirl wrote:

Originally posted by nitabug nitabug wrote:

why its this 15 pages?

think Jolie and afro got into it....
oh no, not today
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Brazilian Hair