Just as Toronto received its first inkling of confirmation that Rob Ford is actually in rehab, it also received one of the most shocking accounts yet of the Mayor’s alleged actions.
A Friday story by the Toronto Star, curried from an audio tape and anonymous sources close to the mayor, describes the mayor drunk driving, spewing a litany of racial slurs and taunting his wife by telling his friends to have sex with her.
“You can f–k her if you want, in front of me … she lets me f–k girls in front of her all the time,” Mr. Ford is reported to say at one point to a visitor at his Etobicoke home, apparently taking no pains to conceal the comment from wife Renata.
The story, by reporter Kevin Donovan, describes a single night on March just two days after Mr. Ford’s appearance on Jimmy Kimmel Live!.
Claims made in the Toronto Star article
The mayor is described as cruising around Toronto in his black Cadillac Escalade, so drunk his speech is slurred. He randomly punches a high school friend at one point, scattering a bag of McDonald’s he forgot was in his hand. The mayor is also heard to reveal that he keeps his marijuana in his coaching jacket for Don Bosco High School. Mr. Ford was dismissed as the school’s football coach about one year ago.
As the story quickly made the rounds Friday night, though, the most noticed comment was one that Mr. Ford apparently made during a cell phone call.
“Nobody sticks up for people like I do, every f–king k–e, n—-r, f–king w-p, d–o, whatever the race. Nobody does. I’m the most racist guy around. I’m the mayor of Toronto,” he said.
On Friday, CBC News said that they had confirmed with a doctor attending to Mr. Ford that the mayor was enrolled at a North American substance abuse facility.
Although the broadcaster reported that Mr. Ford had been at the facility since being turned away by U.S. border guards, they did not reveal the name or location of the treatment centre.
“CBC has agreed to withhold the location of the treatment facility out of consideration for the privacy and confidentiality of Ford, other patients, the facility and its staff,” they wrote.
Mayor Rob Ford’s decision to add Canadian sprinter Ben Johnson to his campaign team last April may have been done entirely as a bizarre spur-of-the-moment prank.
Mr. Johnson, who once held the title as the world’s fastest man until he was found to have been using performance-enhancing steroids, had been meeting with the mayor on April 8 to challenge him to a 100-metre charity footrace.
Read more …
- Rob Ford was allegedly driving drunk while being told by his lawyer that he should not be driving drunk.
- That Ford allegedly explained his view of racial minorities thusly: “Nobody sticks up for people like I do, every f—ing k–e, n—-r, f—ing w-p, d-go, whatever the race. Nobody does. I’m the most racist guy around. I’m the mayor of Toronto.”
- That Ford meets with two of his friends in the park, Alexander Lisi and Bruno Bellissimo. Drugs are alleged to be present.
- That Ford allegedly punched Bellissimo in the face for no apparent reason, spilling the MacDonald’s food he had just purchased everywhere.
- That, upon arriving home with Lisi and Bellissimo, Ford found his wife on the couch allegedly smoking a joint. Ford then said that she had stolen his drugs.
- Ford then allegedly says, of his wife: “You can f— her if you want, in front of me. It’s okay, She lets me f–k girls in front of her all the time.”
- That Ford says he was allowed into the U.S. to appear on Jimmy Kimmel despite admitting smoking crack because a customs agent recognized him.