Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Road to Financial Independence 500K

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4243444546 53>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 20 Votes, Average 4.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Ladybird0724 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ladybird0724 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2013 at 6:14pm
Originally posted by PurpleHaze PurpleHaze wrote:

Originally posted by smaison smaison wrote:

I want to make my own meals and cut down on eating out. However, I'm a horrible cook and extremely picky with food. 

this is the reason I brought my own food to work for years. I don't like much. But I was fine eating the same meal everyday. Weirdo that I amLOL

this is me all day LOL
Sponsored Links

PurplePhase View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2013 at 7:42pm
LOL
my friend thinks I'm strange because she LOVES food. She was like 'how can you eat the same thing everyday?' I still do it too even tho I'm at home now. I just like what I like.
talia View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote talia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2013 at 7:58am
Originally posted by goodm3 goodm3 wrote:

I wouldn't mind a hybrid approach...

and that part about small business owners being able to contribute to it to aviod federal income taxes... i'm ALL for. 

I agree!  Why shouldn't we - the average folk - avoid federal income taxes when billionaires like Romney pay like 11% in taxes.....granted he also contributes millions to charity....but he also likes
to take advantage of the poor with predatory lending practices.

His company Bain Capital owns Rent-A-Center.....where folks go to rent their furniture/electronics or whatever and pay 15x what it would have cost them to outright buy it.  That doesn't seem very charitable or Mormon likeAngry  
talia View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote talia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2013 at 8:01am
Originally posted by .hott.pink. .hott.pink. wrote:

I went couponing the other day.

Well, 

I didn't really. But I knew I was going to the store to specifically buy one thing. Found a coupon for bodywash. Printed it. 

Got there and found a cheaper body wash. LOL So I failed at couponing but I still saved money

ClapClapClapcongrats.

I think I posted a link earlier in the thread to where one can print coupons....I found a lot of stuff that is name brand on that site.  Mint.com also has a coupon offering, I guess after I loaded in all my info they determined that I pay too much in groceries and linked me up to a coupon site.  Love that programClapLOL
talia View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote talia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2013 at 8:03am
Originally posted by Finesseful Finesseful wrote:

My road to financial independence is working on my credit. I want my ish to be A1. I do what I can to pay my bills on time every month. ClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClap

And I like buying electronics but I only buy when I can get some kinda deal. Im getting a 5th gen 32 gig itouch for $70 less than the retail price all because I waited on a gift card promo. You can have an adjustment made & get your money back with those.

Girl good for you!!!!  

talia View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote talia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2013 at 8:06am
Originally posted by Ladybird0724 Ladybird0724 wrote:

Originally posted by smaison smaison wrote:

I want to make my own meals and cut down on eating out. However, I'm a horrible cook and extremely picky with food. 

this is the reason I brought my own food to work for years. I don't like much. But I was fine eating the same meal everyday. Weirdo that I amLOL

this is me all day LOL

I'm not picky, I will eat everything and then some....so for me it is more economical taking my lunch to keep myself on a budget.....cause my appetite will cause me to $$$$spend LOL  Like everytime we travel, I have my budget for food.....cuz' I can out-eat any man....it's shamefulEmbarrassed
talia View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote talia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2013 at 8:08am

LOL
my friend thinks I'm strange because she LOVES food. She was like 'how can you eat the same thing everyday?' I still do it too even tho I'm at home now. I just like what I like.

I loooooove food too.......but I know I need to reign in my appetite cuz' I will eat myself clearly out of my own budget....and still be looking for more.  LOL
smaison View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smaison Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2013 at 8:19am
thanks talia Thumbs Up!

but like seriously you guys are going to think this is weird but if i eat something and end up throwing up afterwards (regardless of the reason ) i cannot eat the food anymore, ever. like its really bad and i've been thinking i might need to see a psychiatrist because i cannot tell you in my 26 years of living how many food have been X'd out because of this. every time i see that particular food; i associate it with vomiting. so i have become extremely picky and even though i love food, its very limited and now mainly composed of vegetables and fruits (which is a good thing) but gets boring and blah. if i could find a way to make vegetables taste good i would be all set. but a sista cant even boil water. shyt.
talia View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote talia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2013 at 8:31am
Okay so here is a question to the Mint.com users.  How are you liking it?  

For me it is fabulous, but I think I just discovered my first glitch...it probably is user error related, cuz' I deleted one account and tried to reload it, and I know the balance is there, it is just not included in my total investments......so therefore, this morning when I woke up and checked my investments I was like "huh"....for a second there I thought the market had crashed overnightShockedeven though it ended at close to 1500 yesterdayLOL  I logged on to my original account outside of mint.com and was relieved to see that everything was still there.  Now to get it back into Mint.com, that is the question....

One thing I have to say that I'm totally loving about Mint.com - is how it ties in your investment performance to the S&P 500 so you clearly see how much money your $ is making.  I switched around some investments after reading up on my current holdings, and went with Vanguard 500 Index Fund Signal Shares (VIFSX) and just that move made me over $4,210....switched it over on May 1, by close of business on May 3rd it increased to $4,210 I was like DAYUMShocked Again, taking into account how high the market closed on Friday, I wouldn't say that this would be an everyday occurrence....although I sure wish it was.

I'm tempted to move more investments over...but then again, this is like gambling...and I hate gambling cuz' I hate to lose money. I should have really paid close attention during all my finance classes in college.Confused  I suggested to the SO that we take an investment course together, where they review your portfolio.....I know Scottrade does them for free and in person, and they also want you to persuade you to invest in their managed products.....which is a no-no for me, I just want to sit down and get more info than what I've read in books/on-line.   

talia View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote talia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2013 at 9:07am
This month on Mint I've budgeted $560 to be spread among the following:

Food Groceries                              $300
Auto/Fuel                                      $160 (based on filling up twice a month)
Restaurants                                  $  60
Alcohol / Bars                                $  20
Fast Food (Coffee 7-11)                $  20

So let's see if I can stick to it.  I didn't include the cost of my transit pass in 
there, because I'm really aiming to fill up my car only once this month.  

I'm going to update this post at the end of May to see if I stuck to my guns...I know Mint.com will track every dime I spend if I use my ATM card....which I'm planning on doing.  

Edited by talia - May 04 2013 at 9:08am
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions
The Haircare Solution for Locs and Twists
DHT Blocker System