Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
CoCo Black Hair
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - rising share of african americans are foreign born
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

rising share of african americans are foreign born

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 2.33  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Diane (35) View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diane (35) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 20 2015 at 3:22pm
Gad damn yardies! always outshining everyone else. lolololol The brain drain is real folks reallllllllllll
Sponsored Links

MizzAmirah View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote MizzAmirah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 20 2015 at 3:49pm
@Diane I think I read somewhere that Jamaica has a greater population in diaspora than actually Jamaica. Have you heard of that?
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 20 2015 at 4:08pm
i believe that maybe true

if we account for descendants and such
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diane (35) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 20 2015 at 4:13pm
Originally posted by MizzAmirah MizzAmirah wrote:

@Diane I think I read somewhere that Jamaica has a greater population in diaspora than actually Jamaica. Have you heard of that?

yes, we do. If every yardie decided to return home we would have no space on the island or the sea to hold them all. it also has to do with the fact that once you can prove that a parent or grandparent is Jamaican then you can call yourself Jamaican and apply for citizenship even though you have never set foot on the island. so the numbers are inflated
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diane (35) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 20 2015 at 4:17pm
What makes a yardie a yardie? i think last census we were 2.5 million or so i assume that maybe another 300000 yardies are undocumented immigrants in the USA (assuming the data was only for US resident. citizens).  plenty of yardies in europe , even scattered all over the caribbean and latin america , it is said that any crabhole in the world you go there'll be 2-4 yardies living there are well. So yes more yardies live outside these 4400 square miles

ETA afro mentioned descendants- 1 adult male yardie is capable of making 4-6 babies a yearLOLLOLLOL

Edited by Diane (35) - Apr 20 2015 at 4:19pm
EPITOME View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote EPITOME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 20 2015 at 4:58pm
Title is wrong because they're not AA. They're black. But this isn't news. I've heard AA tell me they feel like minorities within the black population in certain places, like on some college campuses.
NJHairLuv View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NJHairLuv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 20 2015 at 5:09pm
Originally posted by EPITOME EPITOME wrote:

Title is wrong because they're not AA. They're black. But this isn't news. I've heard AA tell me they feel like minorities within the black population in certain places

I agree with all of this^^^
I am the minority black on the average day in NJ & NYC. When I meet a person of the diaspora here, my assumption is that they are of foreign descent unless I have a reason to believe otherwise. I dont even bother to ask b/c it doesnt matter to me. We kinda have the 'American Melting Pot' thing going on here when it comes to people's origins here.

Edited by NJHairLuv - Apr 20 2015 at 5:10pm
rickysrose View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote rickysrose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 20 2015 at 5:17pm
We need to get black numbers up

It's all good
Yardgirl View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Yardgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 20 2015 at 7:15pm
Originally posted by HaitianLuv HaitianLuv wrote:

Originally posted by NJHairLuv NJHairLuv wrote:

"In the New York metro area, that share is 28%."
^^^the diversity is the norm for me. Since this figure accounts for a very broad metro area, i really think that the percentage in my area and in Manhattan/Bronx/Brooklyn is much much higher, possibly 60% born overseas, 20% have been here for 2 generations and 20% have been here for centuries by way of the TransAtlantic Holocaust.
We all love, mix and get along fine so, my reaction to the article is just 'Oh'.

The concentration is def higher in Brooklyn. Carribreans everywhere

Throw a stone in Brooklyn and you'll and hit a West Indian (or their offspring)
AshBash89 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AshBash89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 20 2015 at 7:51pm
Originally posted by EPITOME EPITOME wrote:

Title is wrong because they're not AA. They're black. But this isn't news. I've heard AA tell me they feel like minorities within the black population in certain places, like on some college campuses.

Glad you said
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic