Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

RIP Uncle Phil Banks aka James Avery

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5678>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 7 Votes, Average 3.29  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
danieb23 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote danieb23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 02 2014 at 4:27pm
Me too.
Sponsored Links

briany View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote briany Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 02 2014 at 5:42pm
RIP
crzyabthair View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crzyabthair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 03 2014 at 10:02am
Originally posted by mizzsandra00 mizzsandra00 wrote:

I ugly cry every time I see this episode.....CryCryCryCry

yep....one of the best acted episodes of the series 
Sleek View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sleek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 03 2014 at 11:03am
Rip Uncle Phil
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 03 2014 at 11:37am
has will commented?
melly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote melly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 03 2014 at 4:54pm
Im still in shock , I grew up watch the fresh prince of bel air, he will be missed ...
Faithfully2002 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Faithfully2002 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 04 2014 at 9:28pm
RIP
femmefatale85 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmefatale85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 14 2014 at 10:26am

[Photos] ‘Fresh Prince’ Cast Reunite To Say Final Goodbyes To James Avery (Uncle Phil)

Tue, Jan 14 2014 by Bitchie Staff | Filed Under: Celebrities

Fresh Prince Cast Say Goodbye to James Avery with Barbara Avery

Nostalgia!

Just a few years ago, the cast of Fresh Prince Of Bel Air reunited for the first time in support of a charity event, but they probably didn’t expect to reunite again so soon.  This time, the cast (sans Will Smith) came together to celebrate the life of James Avery (Uncle Phil) who passed away on December 31.

Those present included; Alfonso Ribiero (Carlton), Karyn Parsons (Hilary), Tatyana Ali (Ashley), Joseph Marcell (Geoffrey), and Daphne Reid (Aunt Viv), who were all smiles as they posed with James’ wife Barbara Avery. Alfonso posted pictures to Facebook calling James “a wonderful father figure.”

The world has lost a truly special man. Even though he played my father on TV, he was a wonderful father figure to me in life. [...]We said goodbye to the amazing James Avery last night. I was honored to host the memorial for Barbara Avery. James will be deeply missed.

Will Smith, meanwhile, reacted to his TV Uncle’s death by posting a photo from the 2011 reunion, which was the last time he, James, Karyn, Tatyana and Alfonso were altogether. He captioned it:

Some of my greatest lessons in Acting, Living and being a respectable human being came through James Avery. Every young man needs an Uncle Phil. Rest in Peace

According to TMZ, James suffered from from severe coronary heart disease, end-stage kidney disease and type 2 diabetes and died from cardiorespiratory arrest at the Glendale hospital. He was later cremated and his family scattered his ashes in the Pacific Ocean.

Peep more pics below:

Will Smith Releases Statement on James Averys Death with Tatyana Ali, Alfonso Ribiero, and Karyn Parsons

Tatyana Ali, Karyn Parsons, Alfonso Ribiero, James Avery and Will Smith back in 2011

Fresh Prince Cast Say Goodbye to James Avery with Alfonso Ribiero, Joseph Marcelle, and Karyn Parsons

Alfonso Ribiero, Joseph Marcell, and Karyn Parsons at James Avery’s memorial

Fresh Prince Cast Say Goodbye to James Avery with Karyn Parsons and Tatyana Ali

Tatyana Ali and Karyn Parsons with Alfonso’s Ribiero’s newborn son at James Avery’s memorial.

Read more: Necole Bitchie.com: [Photos] ‘Fresh Prince’ Cast Reunite To Say Final Goodbyes To James Avery (Uncle Phil) http://necolebitchie.com/2014/01/14/photos-fresh-prince-cast-reunite-to-say-final-goodbyes-to-james-avery-uncle-phil/#ixzz2qOIRZ3PI
Princess_S View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Princess_S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 14 2014 at 10:30am
is it true Uncle phil was a gay man? along with Carl Winslow. My gfs (3) said they have heard this for years. I ,on the other hand was like shut the front door I have never heard those rumors. 
danieb23 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote danieb23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 14 2014 at 10:46am
Originally posted by Princess_S Princess_S wrote:

is it true Uncle phil was a gay man? along with Carl Winslow. My gfs (3) said they have heard this for years. I ,on the other hand was like shut the front door I have never heard those rumors. 

I did too, but that man was happily married.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions
The Haircare Solution for Locs and Twists
DHT Blocker System
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5678>