Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

RIP Domin(longhairdontcare2011)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1213141516 48>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 41 Votes, Average 4.51  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
OrriannaRose View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OrriannaRose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 10 2014 at 2:17pm
Broken Heart
Sponsored Links

nitabug View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote nitabug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 10 2014 at 2:18pm

I thought the rip in the virgo thread was a joke. OMG. Domin was so perfect and genuine. She has a legacy of being an awesome person.

I am mad that I never knew she was sick. smh. so young.
mzsophisticated View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mzsophisticated Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 10 2014 at 2:21pm
Omg R.I.P.....i just added her pic of a big two strand twist ponytail to my pinterestl

Edited by mzsophisticated - Apr 10 2014 at 2:21pm
MsBella View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MsBella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 10 2014 at 2:25pm
Originally posted by maysay1 maysay1 wrote:

I was diagnosed 7 years ago. Yes, people die from this disease but you don't have to.

Take your meds...be strict about it. Take them on time.
Make sure to get blood work done every 3-4 months, that way you and your rheumatologist can catch any issues early on.
Learn all you can about lupus and inflammation in general. Research every medicine they recommend. Learn what steroids like Prednisone can do to your body. Read about diet and its affect on autoimmune disorders (especially sugar and processed foods). A great book for that is The Paleo Approach...it's like a textbook about autoimmune disorders and food.

Take care of yourself! Learn your triggers (mine are sun, stress, lack of sleep). Pay attention to how you feel. Ask others for help. Try to design your life in a way that is low stress. Get good quality sleep.

Be well and pm me for anything.

Thanks so much, I'm definitely going to look into this book.
Since I've been diagnosed, I've completely changed the way I eat. 
I only eat fresh vegetables and fruits, grains, chicken and seafood..basically a clean diet.
I keep reading of people who put their lupus into remission or "cure" it by completely cutting out anything toxic, including food, so thats what I'm shooting for.

I need to work on the stress and sleep part though, now that you mention it.

Thanks again for your recommendations!

macyscorner View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote macyscorner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 10 2014 at 2:41pm
I think a change in banner is a wonderful idea.
Derri View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Derri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 10 2014 at 2:46pm
Yes the banner change is a wonderful idea and gesture. Make it happen Mods.

It's horrible to know that she won't ever post again.
PurplePhase View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 10 2014 at 2:47pm
I just sent this pm to BHMModerator5. Hopefully the can contact the person to make the change or do it.

<<hi. Regarding this sad news, would it be possible to add a banner or ribbon to current bhm banner in memory of this member's passing. I think she was pictured on the home page at one time and she meant so much to all of us here. Her hair growth was inspirational but it was her spirit and personality that we adored most.

RIP Domin(longhairdontcare2011)

http://f2.blackhairmedia.com/rip-dominlonghairdontcare2011_topic369868_page1.html

thanks.>>
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote macyscorner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 10 2014 at 2:54pm
Thank you so much! I also pm'd them. I hope they do it.
indiecat View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote indiecat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 10 2014 at 2:55pm
Omg!!! I'm so shocked! I'm so sad, I was wondering why I haven't seen her around here much.

she was always so nice to me and helpful to everybody here. this is truly devastating and I'm gonna pray for her family.

Rest in peace
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote macyscorner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 10 2014 at 3:03pm
Originally posted by joileprincess joileprincess wrote:

This truly makes me sad. May she RIP.

I've been dragging my feet about making up with an old friend who was also diagnosed with lupus last year. I'm going to give her a call. I would hate to lose the chance.

try to reconnect with your friend
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1213141516 48>
  Share Topic