BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Color
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Rinse that will work over black dye

Post Reply Post Reply

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
naturallykinki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote naturallykinki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rinse that will work over black dye
    Posted: Sep 12 2013 at 4:26pm
Ladies,

I have been rinsing my hair black with Natural Instinct semi permanent hair dye for the last 8 months.  I would like to add a bit of color to my hair via rinse.  I realize that black dye is a stubborn bastard but I was hoping one of you wonderful ladies knows of a rinse that will go over black dye and give me a tint or a hint of red or burgundy. I know that it will not lift the color but I am just hoping for a tint.  I am not interested in lifting my hair because it will damage my hair I just want a really good rinse.  Does anyone know of any that works well with black dye.
Sponsored Links

char2unique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote char2unique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 27 2013 at 3:00pm
I don think you will have any success with attempting a color over black. what was the natural color of the hair?
dorislesure View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dorislesure Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 29 2013 at 8:30am
try henna
Nikkay2Desire View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nikkay2Desire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 02 2013 at 3:26pm
Hello,

yeah- at this stage being that you've been using a dark rinse this long it is somewhat embedded into the hair shaft. You can try using a very low volume developer (10/15) and put that in your hair for about 15-20 minutes to pre-treat/soften the hair to strip a little of the black... I would then use Jazzing or a Demi-permanent hair color to go over it. (wet or dry) Dry preferably. The red hues will be primarily seen when you're in the sun, but it'll be deep due to the black coloring.

Henna is an option but henna does contain metallics which could cause issues in the event you decide to color your hair in the future... 

Good luck!
-Nik
redbone.savage View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redbone.savage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 07 2013 at 11:50am
Hey ladies not trying to steal your thread but i have a similar question and i didn't want to start a new thread. Ok so back in July i bleached my hair and now its a color equilavent to #27. I'm getting a weave installed and i wanted to rinse only my leave out a dark brown or black color. But I'm not ready to go all the way dark, i still want the option of keeping the blonde. Is that possible? because at least after a few washes or when i take down the install i wanted my leave out to return back to the blonde color. Can somebody help me please?
creole booty View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote creole booty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 07 2013 at 11:22pm
Make sure u use the right base color in ur brown or black. If its the wrong base, it could turn green for the question above me.

For the op, try a Demi permanent intense red. Demi uses low volume developer like 10. Or take the advice from the post above me. My hair turned into a beautiful deep Bourgandy strip.

U could also use manic panic vampire red and it will look Bourgandy over black. It will wear off very quickly though. U might want to add a bit of red in ur conditioner.
redbone.savage View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redbone.savage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 08 2013 at 10:19am
Originally posted by creole booty creole booty wrote:

Make sure u use the right base color in ur brown or black. If its the wrong base, it could turn green for the question above me.

For the op, try a Demi permanent intense red. Demi uses low volume developer like 10. Or take the advice from the post above me. My hair turned into a beautiful deep Bourgandy strip.

U could also use manic panic vampire red and it will look Bourgandy over black. It will wear off very quickly though. U might want to add a bit of red in ur conditioner.

Thank you so much for your replySmile What exactly do you mean by right base color hun? 
creole booty View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote creole booty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 08 2013 at 6:38pm
I'm not 100% sure about black, but brown comes with an ash or I think red base. If the ash base is out over a reddish blonde, ur hair will turn green. If the brown with red base is put over an ash base blond, ur hair can turn green.

Real explanation:       Among these terms is the base color used to create the shade. The common base colors are blue, blue-violet, violet, red-violet, red, red-orange, orange, golden-orange, gold, neutral, and green or drab. The “ash” tones typically fall under the blue and drab/green base colors. This may seem to limit your color choices dramatically, but the good news is that you can usually use a color with a “neutral” base with any natural color.

Good site to read: http://www.clairolpro.com/hair-color-techniques/basic/color-theory
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions
The Haircare Solution for Locs and Twists
DHT Blocker System
 Post Reply Post Reply