BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Riley Montana - AA model on the rise

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
JoliePoufiasse View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Riley Montana - AA model on the rise
    Posted: Apr 15 2014 at 11:50am
Yay! She got herself a Givenchy gig, she does Runway, Anna Wintour took notice and she's dark-skinned!  (yes, I said it, don't care how it comes across, yay for dark-skinned beauties making it big!) I've noticed people saying on BHM that AA models are not picked often for runway.

Riley Montana Might Be Fashion's Next Black Supermodel, And For Good Reason

WWD/Lexie Moreland

Her skin is flawless and she has pretty almond shaped eyes

She reminds me of Oluchi in this pic

When we spotted Riley Montana alongside Erykah Badu in Givenchy's Spring/Summer 2014 campaign, we thought: where did this brown beauty come from? The fashion industry is infamous for it's lack of diversity, so we were stunned when the ad debuted.

It turns out that Riley herself was just as shocked when Riccardo Tisci, Givenchy's creative director, offered her the gig. The Detroit native had only been in New York City for two weeks when she got the news.

"I literally cried. I fell on the floor," Riley told WWD. “Riccardo took a chance on me. I was brand new. He supports diversity and I love that about him. He doesn’t care about what people think.”

Riley didn't think a career in modeling was an option. "I was insecure. I was a dark-skinned girl and extra skinny," she said. But she was clearly wrong. Since landing the Givenchy campaign Riley, who holds an associates degree in nursing, has walked in fashion shows for Oscar de la Renta, DKNY, Balmain and Rodarte, to name a few. And she's got her sights set even higher for the future.

"I really want an American Vogue cover. Because we [African-American girls] really don’t get it that much. I want it so bad," Riley said.

Fortunately, she's already scored some face time with Anna Wintour, so perhaps the seed has been planted. Fingers crossed!

Edited by JoliePoufiasse - Apr 15 2014 at 11:54am
Sponsored Links

tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 15 2014 at 11:54am

Ming View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Ming Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 15 2014 at 11:55am
I saw her before... her hair was pulled back and she looked nice... iono bout these pics tho

like this but without makeup

Edited by Ming - Apr 15 2014 at 12:00pm
lovelove View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lovelove Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 15 2014 at 11:57am
She's hot. Love it.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 15 2014 at 11:58am
Originally posted by Ming Ming wrote:

I saw her before... her hair was pulled back and she looked nice... iono bout these pics tho

The first pic is impressive to me, because that is her without a stitch of makeup, though. I would kill to be able to walk barefaced looking like that. The second struck me because she gives me Oluchi there, even though she doesn't look like her in other pics. Love Tatee's pics. She's beautiful to me.

Edited by JoliePoufiasse - Apr 15 2014 at 11:59am
hauteshellbi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hauteshellbi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 15 2014 at 12:00pm

she gorgeous

NJHairLuv View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NJHairLuv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 15 2014 at 12:01pm
GORGEOUS! Rising StarStar
Ming View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ming Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 15 2014 at 12:01pm
lol I updated my post.. she was barefaced when I saw her. really pretty
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 15 2014 at 12:01pm
Interesting that she says she used to be insecure because she was dark-skinned and extra skinny. Now she's about to pile on that green!
MsBMW View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MsBMW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 15 2014 at 12:08pm
Gorgeous young woman I wish her much success. 
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>