Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Rihanna vs TLC,

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3637383940 60>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 7 Votes, Average 3.29  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Alias_Avi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alias_Avi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 08 2014 at 10:48am
The whole 'respect your elders' attitude is just the opposite side of the ageism coin

Respect must be commanded, not demanded and I have elders in my life who are just downright ignorant and lack wisdom

If you actually watch the original clip, the way TLC positioned their words and the overall message, I believe they were respectful in their delivery; however, they open themselves up for backlash because their message is not congruent with their past behavior

TLC was mostly covered but don't be fooled, the message was the same. They still sold 'sex' but it was just more of a tease. Can they really be mad at Rihanna and others for being popular in an age where transparency is more acceptable?

That's why I believe Rihanna was justified with her first response. All her actions after that were unnecessary and overkill. However, Rihanna needs to be careful. Her immaturity will open up the opportunity for people to disrespect her legacy-and that's if she will have one
Sponsored Links

Alias_Avi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Alias_Avi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 08 2014 at 10:58am
You guys know that if if a frog is placed in boiling water, it will jump out, but if it is placed in cold water that is slowly heated, it will stay... meaning you can slowly add something radical without it being perceived as such

TLC must understand that they were a stepping stone to Rihanna's radical. Without them slowly raising the bar for what's acceptable "sexy"(posing semi-topless), we wouldn't have someone like Rihanna today who can just bare it all
JoliePoufiasse View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 08 2014 at 12:34pm
I grew up on TLC. I STILL listen to their albums every now and then. They will forever be relevant and iconic, as far as I'm concerned (although I wish they had been iconic in terms of their financial health as well).

But I dig Rihanna too. If this woman ever markets a sexy potion, I'll be a drankin fool. I don't know what it is about her. I bet she looks sexy taking a dump.
DiorShowGirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiorShowGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 08 2014 at 12:54pm
Originally posted by JoliePoufiasse JoliePoufiasse wrote:

I grew up on TLC. I STILL listen to their albums every now and then. They will forever be relevant and iconic, as far as I'm concerned (although I wish they had been iconic in terms of their financial health as well).

But I dig Rihanna too. If this woman ever markets a sexy potion, I'll be a drankin fool. I don't know what it is about her. I bet she looks sexy taking a dump.

please do not give Rhi Rhi any new ideas...Confused
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 08 2014 at 1:01pm
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 08 2014 at 1:12pm
Originally posted by DiorShowGirl DiorShowGirl wrote:

please do not give Rhi Rhi any new ideas...Confused

You are so right! This chick IS kinda cray...
Next on Instagram will be a picture of a turd she unloaded, covered in sequins
india100 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote india100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 08 2014 at 1:35pm

I recall my girl Diana covering one of LK nipples . D would need a blanket for RR lol . I think Rihanna should model /design and give up tying to sing . The girl can't sang , but her looks and attitude make her Fab . I love TLC no matter what !!Embarrassed

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 08 2014 at 1:43pm
Originally posted by india100 india100 wrote:

I recall my girl Diana covering one of LK nipples . D would need a blanket for RR lol . I think Rihanna should model /design and give up tying to sing . The girl can't sang , but her looks and attitude make her Fab . I love TLC no matter what !!Embarrassed

Girl, who can forget??? Diana made that boobie cake bounce too on live television! 

Edited by JoliePoufiasse - Jun 08 2014 at 1:44pm
india100 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote india100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 08 2014 at 2:01pm

Originally posted by india100 india100 wrote:

Girl, who can forget??? Diana made that boobie cake bounce too on live television! 
DeadLOL I missed her concert for the first time in years 2 blocks from my home  . Hubby thinks D is to old to charge 135 bucks for front row seats . I thought the man was joking until I open my birthday card . Grounds for divorce after 30 years !!!!!!!! LOL
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 08 2014 at 2:20pm

Edited by afrokock - Jun 08 2014 at 2:20pm
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3637383940 60>
  Share Topic