Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Rihanna ask to leave Mosque. Agree or Disagree ?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Rihanna ask to leave Mosque. Agree or Disagree ?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1617181920 21>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 10 Votes, Average 2.20  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
kfoxx1998 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote kfoxx1998 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 22 2013 at 1:45pm
Cherry B I wish.  I had to sit next to and family for an entire plane ride and I thought I was going to die, die, die.  His wife and daughters smell okay.  The over cologne masks the smell sometimes but he didn't even try that.   I guess they're both badOuch
Sponsored Links

**Sk!TtLeS B** View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote **Sk!TtLeS B** Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 22 2013 at 1:45pm
Originally posted by kfoxx1998 kfoxx1998 wrote:

No skittles I'm not saying that.  She was outside and took a few photo shots they asked her to leave, cool.   I start breaking the rules as soon as I wake up everyday.   I want somebody to write an article about that actually.   "Kfoxx cuts through gas station's parking lot to get to the school on time"LOL

I take issue with all of the "sacrilegious" and disrespectful talk and looking for ways to rationalize reactions based on how "appropriately" she was dressed in the photos etc.   Women all over the world wear far less than that to go to the grocery store.  Why do we need to just "accept" that since men are unable to control themselves, some women can't even show ankles in public. 

With that said yeah, Rihanna could take pictures in my sons room and post them.  He would love itLOL

Ohhhhh, okay. Thumbs Up

I was scared for a second, thought you had a sip of that basic juice this morning. I was reading your posts like: 
"Not Kfoxx, no! NoooooooCry"
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote **Sk!TtLeS B** Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 22 2013 at 1:48pm
Originally posted by CherryBlossom CherryBlossom wrote:

...I've had to hold my breath cos of the smell of strong cologne a lot of Arab men wear sometimes, their women too..I think it's a cultural thing

I think you're thinking of Armenians, because they love them some skrong cologne and silk shirtsLOL
EasterBell View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EasterBell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 22 2013 at 1:50pm
Originally posted by blaquefoxx blaquefoxx wrote:

She lucky she ain't get her head chopped offOuch
real lucky
kfoxx1998 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote kfoxx1998 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 22 2013 at 1:53pm
skittles you know I'm an anarchist.   Rihanna ain't sh*tLOL
JoliePoufiasse View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 22 2013 at 2:18pm
Originally posted by **Sk!TtLeS B** **Sk!TtLeS B** wrote:

...I've had to hold my breath cos of the smell of strong cologne a lot of Arab men wear sometimes, their women too..I think it's a cultural thing

I think you're thinking of Armenians, because they love them some skrong cologne and silk shirtsLOL
Naw, I've had the same experience as Cherry. It's like they pour the whole damn bottle of cologne on their heads before steppin' out, trying to asphyxiate you.
Midna View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote Midna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 22 2013 at 3:12pm
Originally posted by purpulicious01 purpulicious01 wrote:

Originally posted by kfoxx1998 kfoxx1998 wrote:

This thread is extremely hilarious to me.  

I'm proud of Rhi Rhi and no Beyonce would never do this because she's always walking the tight rope of approval / acceptance from whites and all other non-blacks who put money in her pockets.

Look at the photo and recognize that this is about the repression of women whether Rhi Rhi was making that statement on purpose or not.     Okay so NOW we want to respect and honor repressive laws?   There was a time when blacks would be arrested for being black in any place BY LAW!  Controversy breeds change. 

I respect and honor my Muslima sisters but frankly I am adamantly opposed to the continued oppression and MURDER of Muslim women for being female.  Same goes for any religion that not only accepts it but demands it.  Period.  Fck all this 'she needs to know her place' bull.    Backwards ass laws that subjugate an entire gender deserve ZERO respect.

Good for Rhi Rhi Clap

It's not that deep.

What Rihanna did was not a beacon of female liberation or a political statement- that's giving her too much credit - it was simply an impromptu fashion shoot. Nothing more, nothing less. 

I fail to understand how saying that it is unacceptable and inappropriate to pose, laying on the floors of a mosque (a house of God, and a place of worship and respect for billions) is repressive/unfair. I disagree. Behaviors are deemed unacceptable/acceptable depending on the environment in which they occur. Laying down on the ground/floor, posing, may be A OK in a Vogue fashion shoot, but that same behavior may be inappropriate in other environments, whether it be a church, a mosque, synagogue, a courthouse, corporate/professional office, etc. 

Also, it reeks of culture superiority to assume that we have the right to march into any country (whether its in the ME or any where else in the world), disregard their standards of what's acceptable/unacceptable, and impose our standards/beliefs/culture onto them.  

Does the Middle East need to work on its women's rights? YES, I'm not denying that (we, America, and many other countries, have a lot of work to do in that arena as well), BUT we're not talking about someone being murdered/raped, or protesting for  women's rights, suffrage, or education(btw, since the topic was brought up - women graduates in Abu Dhabi increasingly outnumber men in universities, for the past decade+; and ironically, the man who this mosque was named after, Sheikh Zayed, the founder of the UAE, was the figure primarily responsible for bringing reform to women's education, employment, equality in this region, during his election), we just talking about an impromptu photo shoot. 

Rihanna looked fierce but home girl was just posing for instagram. That's all. 

BLESS!
Alias_Avi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Alias_Avi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 22 2013 at 3:18pm
What purple said
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote **Sk!TtLeS B** Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 22 2013 at 3:23pm
Originally posted by JoliePoufiasse JoliePoufiasse wrote:

Originally posted by **Sk!TtLeS B** **Sk!TtLeS B** wrote:

Naw, I've had the same experience as Cherry. It's like they pour the whole damn bottle of cologne on their heads before steppin' out, trying to asphyxiate you.

LOLLOLLOLLOL
ms_wonderland View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ms_wonderland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 22 2013 at 3:27pm
she's been uploading some pretty gorg pix lately. 
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1617181920 21>
  Share Topic