Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Rihanna ask to leave Mosque. Agree or Disagree ?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

Rihanna ask to leave Mosque. Agree or Disagree ?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1213141516 19>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 10 Votes, Average 2.20  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Tbaby View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 22 2013 at 9:11am
Originally posted by kfoxx1998 kfoxx1998 wrote:

And some of y'all ain't sh*t for 1 and 2 staring india thread.  This is not a non-story.  I hope it continues to blow up and people discuss this problem.  There are women AND MEN in these countries who believe the treatment of women is wrong.  Young women being killed for going to school.  SMH. 

We can "discuss" all we want, but if the religious extremists are in control of a country, you really can't do anything about it living outside their country.  I think its terrible as well...but that's their choice.  We as a nation can boycott a country or do other forms of economic pressure and really that's about it.  Its up to the people of that country to rise up and change their cultural/religious oppression on their own.

As far as the 1 star stuff goes, I just ignore that stuff anywhoo.  Ppl 5 star those idiotic twerk threads that I can't stand.  That's part of BHM sillinessLOL
Sponsored Links

kfoxx1998 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kfoxx1998 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 22 2013 at 9:34am
I know tbaby.  Suffrage is going to be bloody in those countries unless they have help.  We can't even get our own sh*t together and don't have a leg to stand on trying to dictate anything to those men.   The women in these countries will have to become warriors for this to change.  Right now they are only martyrs but thats the beginning. 
Naturalchick30 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (11) Thanks(11)   Quote Naturalchick30 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 22 2013 at 9:39am
Lol Rihanna aint making no statement.  She's just being basic as usual.
blaquefoxx View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote blaquefoxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 22 2013 at 10:45am
Originally posted by Naturalchick30 Naturalchick30 wrote:

Lol Rihanna aint making no statement.  She's just being basic as usual.
Gurl lol.
bunzaveli View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bunzaveli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 22 2013 at 10:58am

Okay so NOW we want to respect and honor repressive laws?   There was a time when blacks would be arrested for being black in any place BY LAW!  Controversy breeds change. 

I respect and honor my Muslima sisters but frankly I am adamantly opposed to the continued oppression and MURDER of Muslim women for being female.  Same goes for any religion that not only accepts it but demands it.  Period.  Fck all this 'she needs to know her place' bull.    Backwards ass laws that subjugate an entire gender deserve ZERO respect.

Edited by bunzaveli - Oct 22 2013 at 10:58am
purpulicious01 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (11) Thanks(11)   Quote purpulicious01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 22 2013 at 11:00am

This thread is extremely hilarious to me.  

I'm proud of Rhi Rhi and no Beyonce would never do this because she's always walking the tight rope of approval / acceptance from whites and all other non-blacks who put money in her pockets.

Look at the photo and recognize that this is about the repression of women whether Rhi Rhi was making that statement on purpose or not.     Okay so NOW we want to respect and honor repressive laws?   There was a time when blacks would be arrested for being black in any place BY LAW!  Controversy breeds change. 

I respect and honor my Muslima sisters but frankly I am adamantly opposed to the continued oppression and MURDER of Muslim women for being female.  Same goes for any religion that not only accepts it but demands it.  Period.  Fck all this 'she needs to know her place' bull.    Backwards ass laws that subjugate an entire gender deserve ZERO respect.

Good for Rhi Rhi Clap

It's not that deep.

What Rihanna did was not a beacon of female liberation or a political statement- that's giving her too much credit - it was simply an impromptu fashion shoot. Nothing more, nothing less. 

I fail to understand how saying that it is unacceptable and inappropriate to pose, laying on the floors of a mosque (a house of God, and a place of worship and respect for billions) is repressive/unfair. I disagree. Behaviors are deemed unacceptable/acceptable depending on the environment in which they occur. Laying down on the ground/floor, posing, may be A OK in a Vogue fashion shoot, but that same behavior may be inappropriate in other environments, whether it be a church, a mosque, synagogue, a courthouse, corporate/professional office, etc. 

Also, it reeks of culture superiority to assume that we have the right to march into any country (whether its in the ME or any where else in the world), disregard their standards of what's acceptable/unacceptable, and impose our standards/beliefs/culture onto them.  

Does the Middle East need to work on its women's rights? YES, I'm not denying that (we, America, and many other countries, have a lot of work to do in that arena as well), BUT we're not talking about someone being murdered/raped, or protesting for  women's rights, suffrage, or education(btw, since the topic was brought up - women graduates in Abu Dhabi increasingly outnumber men in universities, for the past decade+; and ironically, the man who this mosque was named after, Sheikh Zayed, the founder of the UAE, was the figure primarily responsible for bringing reform to women's education, employment, equality in this region, during his election), we just talking about an impromptu photo shoot. 

Rihanna looked fierce but home girl was just posing for instagram. That's all. 

Merin View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote Merin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 22 2013 at 11:08am
Originally posted by purpulicious01 purpulicious01 wrote:

Also, it reeks of culture superiority to assume that we have the right to march into any country (whether its in the ME or any where else in the world), disregard their standards of what's acceptable/unacceptable, and impose our standards/beliefs/culture onto them.  

Thank you which is why I said EVERYONE needs to look up local customs before entering any country. If you don't like them, change your travel plans.
purpulicious01 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote purpulicious01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 22 2013 at 11:16am

Rihanna 'didn't use the visitors entrance and photographs were not in compliance': Full details of mosque removal

Abu Dhabi's Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque Centre issued a statement in Arabic

FULL STATEMENT, translated from Arabic by UAE newspaper 7 Days:

The Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque Centre wishes to emphasise that it is one of the main religious, cultural and civilizational monuments in the United Arab Emirates.

It has been seeking since its foundation to promote cultural exchanges with the people of other cultures and has become a prominent place on the map for religious tourism in the region.

Since opening officially in 2007, the Mosque has become a milestone in the country which meant a large number of worshippers and tourists visiting from within and outside the state.

As part of the cultural activities of the centre, it is open to visitors from different nationalities, whether they come in the form of collective formal delegations or in person, to get to know its collection of treasures of Islamic art and aesthetics of Islamic excellence architecture, as well as to participate in some activities, such as the "Spaces of Light" photography competition that attracts thousands of photographers every year from around the world, focusing on the spectacular visual aesthetics in the great architectural edifice .

But while the mosque allows visitors to tour and take photos, the management asks them to do so in a way that is appropriate, and does not disrespect the religious nature of the location including taking pictures in an inappropriate manner or sitting in positions not commensurable with the sanctity of the place, talking loudly or eating.

The Centre would like to point to a personal visit incident that was carried out by 'a prominent singer' to the mosque. The singer did not make arrangements with the mosque’s management prior to her visit and had used an entrance that is not intended for visitors.

Despite being directed to enter through the visitors' entrance to take a standard tour of the mosque, the singer stayed outside to take some photos. She was asked to leave once it became apparent that some of the photographs she took were not in compliance with the terms of the mosque.

blaquefoxx View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote blaquefoxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 22 2013 at 11:23am
@ Kfoxx, it's easier to be opposed to something while in the comfort of the U.S. though. We have that "freedom" here, in other countries not so much. Not saying that its right, but it is what it is. Don't let your Americanized pride get you in a situation that you can't get out of...thousands of miles away from home.

Ain't yall  seen Locked Up AbroadLOLDead

And by the way, the U.S. rarely negotiate with hostages. So good luck with saying "fucc it" to the laws of the repressive country you happen to be visiting.
_ConcreteRose_ View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote _ConcreteRose_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 22 2013 at 11:27am
Originally posted by purpulicious01 purpulicious01 wrote:

Completely agree with this. This is what the colonist did to Africa amongst many other places and we see how that turned out.

Also, the pics in OP are disrespectful and kinda reek cultural appropriation. 
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1213141516 19>
  Share Topic