Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Weaves / Extensions
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Riddle me this - definition of a YouTube review
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Riddle me this - definition of a YouTube review

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Cream1970 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Cream1970 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 27 2014 at 11:18am
I subscribe to a lot of the popular weave/wig "gurus" on YT, but I don't trust 90% of what they say. A lot of them make wigs with clips that they remove daily and even then, are done with one vendor's review and  promoting a new one 3 weeks later.

I don't know if it's simply they're lying or that the vendor sent them the good stuff that they won't send to a regular customer, and they're actually  being honest.

Either way, the vast majority of them aren't regularly wearing the hair as long a regular person who doesn't get free hair or paid for reviews, would.

Their greed invalidates their review. Sure I'll admire it, and their review will make me do more research, but unless they have some bad reviews as well as good ones, on hair they actually paid full price for at least 50% of the time, they're untrustworthy to ME.

I love Morgan Taylor's installs, but EVERY review I've seen of hers with the exception of 1, she says the saaaaaaaaammme thaaaaaaang.
Sponsored Links

trendsetta25 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote trendsetta25 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 03 2014 at 7:48pm
Originally posted by iBetYouhNvNika iBetYouhNvNika wrote:

Aly

Alot of members here are on yt!
Why not ask hairdelacreme? Or keizz ?
You could even have a member here review it. Offer it at a discounted price or something. Remember, we have tons of lurkers and ppl here looking for good hair !!!
Sheit send me some hair I'll wear ir and review it weekly.

Aww you shouted me out

Girl I will love to help you out once you get back on your feet. I actually wear the hair for the entire time I do a review because I care about my subscribers. If I'm having problems with the hair I usually email the company to try to solve the problem before informing my subscribers about that problem (if any).

I'm truly sorry that happened to you
trendsetta25 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote trendsetta25 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 03 2014 at 7:56pm
Originally posted by alynxx alynxx wrote:

Originally posted by iBetYouhNvNika iBetYouhNvNika wrote:

Aly

Alot of members here are on yt!
Why not ask hairdelacreme? Or keizz ?
You could even have a member here review it. Offer it at a discounted price or something. Remember, we have tons of lurkers and ppl here looking for good hair !!!
Sheit send me some hair I'll wear ir and review it weekly.

Hiya

I did ask hairdelacreme but she told me she has a few to do and I think Keizz hasn't had a chance to come back to me yet. I would be happy for either of them to review my hair since people would really respect their opinions as BHM ladies.

I didn't want to ask anyone on the open board to review hair as I don't want to seem like I am soliciting etc. If anyone reading does want to review my stuff pm box is open. Might not be for free anymore after my experiences but discounted of course but you must be a BHMer and give me a decent review.Cry

Hey love. I'm hairdelacreme on yt lol. Yes I'm a member here as well. Like I said in the above post I will help you out and give you an honest review. Email me and I will plug you in or I can wait till you gain the expense you lost back. I'm truly sorry this happened to you. It's a shame that some of these yt girls are abusing their popularity.

Like suggested you should also try BHM Members. I learned a lot from this board based off the reviews I read. Heck I even ran out and purchased some of the hair that was posted lol. Give them a try as well
_belle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote _belle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 04 2014 at 6:18am
If someone hasn't already said it, if it is a contract, it should be in writing... period. Or you can have them pay for the hair and the vendor will refund it, after the review or maybe something like 50% off on the contingency of a review done in say like 6 weeks.

Emails count. Should have spelled out what each party expects and put a date on it. Long gone are the days of me just hoping a mutha*&%^$#@Ea does right. lol. LOL
BelleAmore View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BelleAmore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 04 2014 at 10:46am
I'm curious to know what would a contract look like for this sort of thing... This is all an interesting process.
MooDee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MooDee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 05 2014 at 7:59pm
so sorry that happened! next time make a contract with docusign, and have the reviewer submit their electronic signature. that way if anything happens, it's still a valid signed contract!
alynxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alynxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 06 2014 at 5:13pm
Just coming back to this thread - I have loads on so can't always be on BHM so much. Ouch

Thanks to everyone for being so supportive and all of your wonderful advice. That is why I love this board y'all. Cry

@trendsetta - thanks very much I appreciate it. I'm going to drop you a pm and send my email  over so we can chat offline. I would be pleased to get an honest review from you so happy you replied to this post.
kandyse1988 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kandyse1988 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2014 at 6:33pm
This review thing is just so bad.. I think a lot of the popular yt gurus get a lot of hair sent to them that they only do like 2 day reviews on hair, and take the hair and sell it for like $350+, or just do a show and tell of the hair and that is unfair to the company and as well as the subscribers. Then its just so bad because people are getting sent aliexpress hair for free, especially if they agree to give them a good review. At first I used to think youtube reviews were helpful.. some still are but the ones that are too Hollywood and just care about the check are not. I think contracts and stuff need to be used now because you have gurus getting over on companies by not even making videos of the hair they got for free.
yaki1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yaki1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2014 at 5:30am
Originally posted by Princess Grace Princess Grace wrote:

I just saw a post on Aliexpress that if you post a yt video , based on your subscriber amount they will send you free hair. The review game is shady as hell now.

Sorry this is happening to you....

I saw something similar with the vendor on A Express saying that if you give good reviews they give you $10.

No point watching the reviews anymore, but at least we can blast the badness with pictures on the boards
_belle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _belle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2014 at 6:59am
Not really a fan of giving strangers things for free and relying on their goodness of heart to do the right thing. lol. These hoes aint loyal. lol.

*edited because I already made a similar post when this was first posted* lol

Edited by _belle - May 27 2014 at 7:00am
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style