Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Weaves / Extensions
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Riddle me this - definition of a YouTube review
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Riddle me this - definition of a YouTube review

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
alynxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alynxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Riddle me this - definition of a YouTube review
    Posted: Mar 26 2014 at 11:45am
Hi ladies,

I have a question. Say you are a vendor and you ask a youtube person to review your hair. You communicate with that person and you get the impression they are going to install the hair and show people how it looks on. When they post up the video finally it is a video of them running their fingers thru your hair and of course talking about it's good qualites but no install.

Also when you ask them about this they say well I will install it later in the year...even though they said they will review as soon as it arrives. The hair you sell is very high quality and was not cheap for you to even source. Is the vendor just naive to expect the youtuber to review it as an install or should she just charge it to the game?

I am just asking just in case I am the one who is consfused as to what a Youtube hair review means.

Sponsored Links

Princess Grace View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote Princess Grace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 26 2014 at 11:54am
The thing is.....

Before everyone started using dome caps and making U-part wigs, when a review was done it was usually sewn in. Now I overlook any review where the hair was done on a wig cap. You will never know if the reviewer actually even wore the wig, so how can they really give a informed opinion on some hair that was sewn on a cap and worn for a hour while they uploaded the review, did a make up haul and did a smokey eye tutorial.

If I was the vendor I would feel used, if all the reviewer was going to do was run her fingers through the hair on camera that was a waste of some free bundles IMO. Depending on the "guru" they probably have so much hair to choose from now that unless they are changing their install every 30 days there is no way they are really wearing all of that hair.

jeli20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeli20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 26 2014 at 11:58am
Did the youtube person pay for the hair or was it given to them for free?

edited - okay, if it was given for free and she understand prior to her getting the hair what was expected then... yeh, I would expect a install review.

Edited by jeli20 - Mar 26 2014 at 12:01pm
Brjasuga51 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Brjasuga51 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 26 2014 at 12:04pm

Some YouTube Gurus are TRIFLIN.....yep I said it. They will take the vendors hair...sew it on a cap...wear it for the video. Take the hair off the cap and sell it to a thirsty subscriber. She is wrongggggg. If she agreed to review your product when she receives it...then that's what she should have done. Some people don't have any type of Principle. But at this point you are going to have to charge it to the game.

Next time make up a contract and before sending the hair get a signature whether via the internet or personally. So any sort of violation you can take action.
alynxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (10) Thanks(10)   Quote alynxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 26 2014 at 12:24pm
Ladies the hair was given free to her and to me a review means that you will actually wear the hair not just show and tell. I asked her can she do a review then when she installs later in the year and she was like "no" I am going to wear it in videos and put the link to you hair company website in the description box which is really no good to me when I sent her £250 worth of hair.
Also the youtuber said that 3 bundles + a closure was not enough for her and that she normally uses 6 to 7 bundles.  Now my hair is always very full and 300g is a lot talk less of 7 bundles even if they are 24 to 26". I am just really upset becuase another Youtuber already took hair from me in January and has been ignoring my emails re a review. She is wearing my hair on Instagram stuntin and has even dyed it but when I messaged her she deleted my comments. I have all the emails of evidence from that one to say she would install it etc but not sure what I can do since she is in the States. Anyway all of this has made me really apprehensive now to deal with less established Youtubers.
alynxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote alynxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 26 2014 at 12:27pm
Youtuber in the OP that I described has now said she wants to send the hair back - I guess she feels bad? Anyway I will take it back.

It takes a lot of money, time and effort to start one's own business so this is just a warning to some of you that might want to do this. Be very careful whom you send hair to regarless of how keen they sound at the beginning. I am learning from these mistakes.
alynxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote alynxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 26 2014 at 12:46pm
Oh yes vendors please beware. This actual Youtuber was sent hair from my company for review and promised to do one since January but has now been ignoring my emails. I just want to warn people.

Princess Grace View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote Princess Grace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 26 2014 at 12:49pm
No shade but why her??? I looked at one of her videos and the wig she made was all kinds of wrong and sitting 7 inches from her hairline..... I have never watched her channel nor would I ever listen to anything she suggested.
Brjasuga51 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Brjasuga51 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 26 2014 at 1:08pm
who dat???...I cant see the video
alynxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote alynxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 26 2014 at 1:12pm
Originally posted by Princess Grace Princess Grace wrote:

No shade but why her??? I looked at one of her videos and the wig she made was all kinds of wrong and sitting 7 inches from her hairline..... I have never watched her channel nor would I ever listen to anything she suggested.

She seemed like a nice respectful girl that was just a small Youtuber so I wanted to support her. It is not always about the big names and sometimes those ones want hair and money on top to do reviews.

I am trying to get into the hair magazines more now instead and work with celebrity stylists instead. YT is great but the bad ones spoil the good apples.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
  Share Topic