Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Weaves / Extensions
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Riddle me this - definition of a YouTube review
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Riddle me this - definition of a YouTube review

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
jeli20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (10) Thanks(10)   Quote jeli20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 26 2014 at 1:15pm
I personally think  that maybe you should just ask some of your customers to do a review. The review will be honest and show a different perspective.  They might not have a lot of youtube viewers but if anyone goes to youtube to look for reviews on your hair - they will see reviews of actual customers. Just a safer way to not lose money.

I personally avoid all youtube guru reviews and look for actual customers.

Edited by jeli20 - Mar 26 2014 at 1:16pm
Sponsored Links

alynxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alynxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 26 2014 at 1:26pm
Originally posted by jeli20 jeli20 wrote:

I personally think  that maybe you should just ask some of your customers to do a review. The review will be honest and show a different perspective.  They might not have a lot of youtube viewers but if anyone goes to youtube to look for reviews on your hair - they will see reviews of actual customers. Just a safer way to not lose money.

I personally avoid all youtube guru reviews and look for actual customers.

I agree Jeli but not all customers want to do a video review tbh. Wande's World has been wearing my hair for a few months now and is supposed to post a review on the weekend. She has been great and wearing the hair as well as signposting people to my instagram when people ask where the hair is from so that is good at least.
Princess Grace View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Princess Grace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 26 2014 at 1:47pm
I just saw a post on Aliexpress that if you post a yt video , based on your subscriber amount they will send you free hair. The review game is shady as hell now.

Sorry this is happening to you....
alynxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alynxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 26 2014 at 2:13pm
Originally posted by Princess Grace Princess Grace wrote:

I just saw a post on Aliexpress that if you post a yt video , based on your subscriber amount they will send you free hair. The review game is shady as hell now.

Sorry this is happening to you....

Thanks Princess Grace. I take it as a learning curve. I am going to make sure I have contracts with Youtubers now before sending hair and not just on good faith.
GCurly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote GCurly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 26 2014 at 5:06pm
That's terrible! She is a cow for that one!
If she agreed to do a review, she should be honest and tell you when and she should do a REAL REVIEW! SMH.

I don't do reviews but a good friend of mine is a fairly popular youtuber and she usually does three videos when she is reviewing hair! Even hair she purchased herself! LOL.

She first does a show and tell of the hair when it arrives so the viewers know what to expect with shipping, packaging and what the hair looks like straight out of the pack.
Second video is of the hair installed or made as a wig and will tell what she thinks initially of the hair now that she just installed it.
Last, usually a month later, she does a final review to let everyone know how the hair held up.

Throughout her install she posts photos almost daily and videos (because she is a style blogger) and tags the hair etc.
That is how you review some hair!!! 
SMH.

That girl is not right but at least she is sending the hair back so its not a loss. Just a waste of your time. Sorry :(

The other one in the US who is ignoring the emails... Who does she think she is? SMH.

I am so over people who lie for some damn hair. Seriously!

iBetYouhNvNika View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote iBetYouhNvNika Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 26 2014 at 5:50pm
Aly

Alot of members here are on yt!
Why not ask hairdelacreme? Or keizz ?
You could even have a member here review it. Offer it at a discounted price or something. Remember, we have tons of lurkers and ppl here looking for good hair !!!
Sheit send me some hair I'll wear ir and review it weekly.
iBetYouhNvNika View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iBetYouhNvNika Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 26 2014 at 5:51pm
If I were you id be calling texting skyping emailing & smoke messaging her azz
the nerve .. .

Edited by iBetYouhNvNika - Mar 26 2014 at 9:10pm
2ndtimearound View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2ndtimearound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 26 2014 at 5:58pm
I am sorry what happened to you alynxx! Its not right how she did you.

Its a great idea to look for reviewers on this board. I wanted to start a thread days ago, but I can not start a new topic, not even in the newbie section (have no idea why).
ladybugj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote ladybugj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 26 2014 at 8:32pm
Originally posted by alynxx alynxx wrote:

Originally posted by Princess Grace Princess Grace wrote:

No shade but why her??? I looked at one of her videos and the wig she made was all kinds of wrong and sitting 7 inches from her hairline..... I have never watched her channel nor would I ever listen to anything she suggested.

She seemed like a nice respectful girl that was just a small Youtuber so I wanted to support her. It is not always about the big names and sometimes those ones want hair and money on top to do reviews.

I am trying to get into the hair magazines more now instead and work with celebrity stylists instead. YT is great but the bad ones spoil the good apples.

I totally respect that you chose a not so popular youtuber to review your hair. So many of them receive so much good hair just to wear it once or twice because they have so much to choose from. The bad thing is that the companies actually send them good quality bundles and then the people who pay for the same hair receives garbage bundles. It's best to send the hair to someone who actually sews the hair in. That is really what determines how well the hair holds up because you're sleeping with it,bathing with it and actually washing it while it's on your head.
Ming View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Ming Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 26 2014 at 8:40pm
I can't remember who, a youtuber was complaining about a company owner "hounding" her to do a review. Texts, emails, YouTube messages... If you say or imply that you'll review once you receive it and don't, and you didn't pay.... Boo, the least I'm doing is shooting you a text. This is business. If you're backed up, let them know. I'll send it when your less busy
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>