Perfect Hair Collection

Rid Lice in AA kids hair

Post Reply Post Reply

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
QueenBee View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote QueenBee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rid Lice in AA kids hair
    Posted: Nov 28 2011 at 2:04pm
Posting for new member--

Bloopy76 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)
  Quote Bloopy76 Quote  Post ReplyReply
Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 24 2011 at 6:15am
I am soooooo sorry to hijack but I'm pretty desparate and I can't start a thread.

I'm dealing with lice. The next person that informs me that Black folk don't get lice is gonna get smacked? K?

My biracial neices have lice. One has 2-3 hair but the other has 4a.

After 4 hours of 3 people working diligently to get the the lice comb, that is not only super fine but also has a spiral groove around each tooth so they're like Velcro on the nits, we finally got the nits out.

This combing procedure needs to be repeated every day for 3-4 weeks while the girls' hair is slathered in olive oil. Part of the protocal is to wash out each day with a clarifying shampoo and Dawn dish soap.

I'm hoping that only makes sense for Caucasians. It seems that keeping the girls' hair oiled and braided in small sections to be oiled and nit combed daily is more sensible.

If we jack up their hair with Dawn each day so we can comb our way down to a nit comb each day, well that just seems stupid.

Does anyone know about treating lice on Black children because this is blowing the minds of the "experts?"
Sponsored Links

marissy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marissy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 28 2011 at 8:46pm
I don't get it? Why not use the special lice shampoos and treatments? I see them all the time at the Walgreens I frequent. They are next to the dandruff and hair loss products. Confused 
yurika975 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yurika975 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 28 2011 at 9:45pm
I think it has more to do with the structure of AA hair than race. Dawn? I have never heard of dawn. Leave that alone honey. Spend a bit of change on the Rit shampoo or even a general lice shampoo. I would think detangling first with a wide tooth comb then using the other would be better. Use the actual product made for lice. It's specially made for it. I haven't heard of olive oil and dawn. You need something to kill those lice. Also make sure to launder the bedding and towels etc. 
NARSAddict View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NARSAddict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 28 2011 at 9:55pm
Plus you have to let the lice treatment "marinate" in the hair and then comb the hair with the lice comb while the lice treatment is still in the hair.  You have to be very thorough and comb the hair in various directions.  There are instructions on youtube to clarify on what I am saying.
nicks_hotmama06 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nicks_hotmama06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 29 2011 at 10:05pm
Black people can get lice.....it is just very rare. Lice don't like the elliptical shape of black hair.....it is harder to hold onto. They say t that in Africa, the lice have adjusted their claws to be able to more easily climb black hair.....lol. But studies show that since 1985.....black children get lice at a rate of 0.3 percent whereas 10.4 percent of white children get it. Styling tendencies and products also make AA hair less desirable.
Finally, something that does NOT plague us more than any other race!!!!!Clap I was beginning to wonder.
Lonisha87 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lonisha87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 29 2011 at 11:10pm
Welp, my doctor and science teachers have told me that is is true that black people don't get lice. I've heard it all my life, but you did say that they are bi-racial so that does change things(looks like i have to wrote my doctor and teachers an angry letter for the misinformation). it sucks. get the actual lice shampoo and follow the directions. if you keep doing the dawn (dish soap to those who don;t know) and olive oil that might not solve anything. When i worked at my old job these little girls came in to buy wigs because their hair had to be shaved cuz of lice. scary

Edited by Lonisha87 - Nov 29 2011 at 11:11pm
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style