Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Rick Ross shooting .

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 2.33  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
ShadyLady View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShadyLady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 29 2013 at 2:05am
Originally posted by Qualified Qualified wrote:

I love Bro. Rozay, and would be thoroughly hurt if something happened to him. Thank God, he's okay. Time to beef up security and get a convoy organized.

All and every bit of this!

I love Ricky Rozay!
Sponsored Links

afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 29 2013 at 2:44am
they should learn from 50

this 'a bauce doesnt need security, i can go into any hood, get on any stage with a floor length mink coat and turn the music off for two minutes straight and let the crowd soak up my bauceness coz im a bauce sh*t' is gonna get him killed
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 29 2013 at 3:34am
Originally posted by Random Thoughts Random Thoughts wrote:

Originally posted by SoutherNtellect SoutherNtellect wrote:

This dude STAYS in some kind of sh1t.
Don't understand why he's so hated though 

He supposedly dry snitches and name drops a lot of street people in his music that don't appreciate it.

When the MMG tour was supposed to hit North Carolina in 2012, the show was reportedly canceled due to gang threats, the threats coming from G.D.’s or, “Gangster Disciples. The Disciples issued death threats to Ross, due to the fact that Ross mentioned Larry Hoover, the founder of the G.D.’s, in his song, “B.M.F.” and also used a six-pointed star for the cover of his mixtape The Black Bar Mitzvah. They demanded that Ross cut a check to their founder.

Plus he has the real Rick Ross suing him. The real Rick Ross says he is cool with the rapper Freeway using his nickname, but he doesn't want a former CO using his government name as his stage name.

ok heres my take

1. rap is built on a fantasy life, everything in it. we glamourize a lot of sh*t that doesnt happen, from the geekiest tesla wired cellphones and see through glocks that are natural you load with rocks to being tony montana im not sure why they choose to pick on rozay for having the fantasy life

when the wu had their wu gambino alter egos no one said a pip, it was all 'creative' even though the gambino crime family is still in operation.

this leads me to believe that the issue here is because, the real rick ross is black. nothing more nothing less. I saw an interview where ricky ross said all he wanted was for Rozay to ask for permission to use his name, then he turns around and sues him. The real ricky ross imho is being used as a pawn, and for a Brotha that just got out of jail he needs the money.

2. extortion

this is all about money. ross is getting more money legally than guys in the streets and it seems that his bank roll isnt stopping anytime soon. That bothers a lot of people. the fact that
a. he really was a c.o and b. he has no street ties and doesnt roll with certified hitters ( see beans saves kanye west from a robbery) a lot of guys will try and extort him. and once you starting paying one guy, you have to pay everyone.

i think its ridiculous, should he have gone to get approval from certified gangsta who will probably kill him whichever way he goes? i say no, because once you do that, then they want to throw their mans and them on the team and its a slippery slide from then on.

the only thing rozay needs to keep real and thats to keep real tight is his security.

i say fug em niccas

you mad coz my style you're 'mirin!!

the only rapper who got sued successfuly was notorious big for the biggie smallz name

Edited by afrokock - Jan 29 2013 at 3:43am
bunzaveli View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bunzaveli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 29 2013 at 6:40am
lol what an arrogant interview
Brownsugar1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brownsugar1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 29 2013 at 7:02am
He did an interview with 99 jamz friday and brought larry hovers son to clear the air about the tour and why it was canceled. I didnt get a chance to listen to the whole interview, so unable to tell yall what was said.
Ill see if I can find the audio later.
*posting from cellular*
*Belle*Femme* View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote *Belle*Femme* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 29 2013 at 7:24am
i agree that rozay shouldn't pay a damn body. Like afro said, once you start paying you have to pay everybody. F that. Yes rozay might be rapping bout things he never been apart of. But I love him. I like his fantasy. He makes me feel like a real gangsta.  A real triple C gangsta and then i get to twerk at the same time. 
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 29 2013 at 7:28am
Originally posted by bunzaveli bunzaveli wrote:

lol what an arrogant interview

afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 29 2013 at 7:32am
Originally posted by *Belle*Femme* *Belle*Femme* wrote:

i agree that rozay shouldn't pay a damn body. Like afro said, once you start paying you have to pay everybody. F that. Yes rozay might be rapping bout things he never been apart of. But I love him. I like his fantasy. He makes me feel like a real gangsta.  A real triple C gangsta and then i get to twerk at the same time. 

you reminded me of this

Although tempting, I’m not here to muse (well, muse any more than I already have) about Gomes’ odd celebrity. I’m more interested in the person whose peculiar appeal to a certain demographic of very educated hip-hop fans has helped made Gomes’ voice as ubiquitous as it --- Mr. Maybach Music himself, Rick Ross.

As you’ll see, the entire premise of this article --- young professional Black men seem to be obsessed with Rick Ross’ music --- is extremely shaky. So shaky in fact that if you have trouble buying it, I suggest you stop reading right now. I’ve done no studies or surveys on this subject, and my thoughts on the matter are purely anecdotal. As anecdotal as they may be, though, it’s not a huge leap to assume that the 28 to 35 year old white-collar black men in my sphere of influence aren’t much different than the 28 to 35 year old white-collar Black men in different parts of the country. Since this is (probably) true, there’s a good chance that if you stepped in any of their apartments or hopped into any of their cars in the last 18 or so months, you were probably bombarded with an extremely loud (and extremely well-produced) track from “Teflon Don” or “Self Made: Vol 1” or “Rich Forever.” You were also probably surprised to see how quickly that music managed to metamorphosize a usually milquetoast bank middle manager into a grunting, “oooh”ing, alien entity who thought nothing of enthusiastically repeating lines like “My gun dirty, my brick clean/I’m riding dirty, my d*ck clean” and “I levitate on all you p*ssy n* s” while making the hardest gas face his master degreed-ass could muster.

If you accept as I do that this is true, the natural next question would be “Why?” What makes his music resonate so deeply with this particular population? This is where I keep getting stumped. (Oh, and just to be clear, it is understandable why he’s appreciated on a sheer musical level. He is a good rapper (Yes, he is. Just accept that as true and move on), he does make “sounds fantastic while driving or clubbing music,” and you can argue that many of the top producers in the game --- Kanye, Just Blaze, Lex Luger, etc --- save their best work for him. But, not to get all cute on you, but his appeal is much deeper than rap.)

You can argue that for those guys (and by “those guys” I mean “guys like me”), the fact that Ross’ music is so drastically different than their everyday lives provides a form of escapism, making his music no different than watching “Scarface” or getting a lapdance from a stripper whose body maintains a 1:1.5 silicone-to-flesh ratio. The theory doesn’t stick, though, when you realize that you could say the same thing about Young Jeezy or Waka Flocka Flame or any other rapper prone to extended bouts of unrepentant ignance, and none of them seem to have the same type of transformative appeal that Ross currently does.

Maybe --- and this happens to be my favorite argument --- Ross relates to us because he’s the world’s first truly post-modern rapper. While rappers who speak about a certain subject matter are expected to have at least some personal experience with that subject, Ross’ law enforcement background completely thumbs its nose at that rule. We assume that 50 and Wayne and Jadakiss embellish freely and frequently, and we allow them certain artistic licenses while also thinking “Come man. You’re worth 50 million dollars. We know you’re not on the block anymore.” But, in Ross’ case, we know that “Hustlin” was a bold-faced lie, and we still don’t give a damn. In fact, considering his numerous recent run-ins with the law, you can argue that he raps things into existence. While many other rappers turned to rap to escape a life of crime, it seems as if he raps just so he can become

Read more at EBONY http://www.ebony.com/entertainment-culture/strange-love-black-men-and-rick-ross#ixzz2JN4UXEl0
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 29 2013 at 7:36am

Page 2 of 2
a criminal.

I bring this up because perhaps the white-collar Black guy, used to years of pronounced code-switching, soul-numbing mindfulness, and exaggerated (but still necessary) tact, recognizes Ross as a kindred spirit; partners in the act of being a well-paid and unapologetic poseur. This might be a stretch, but how else can you explain the near-primal urge to jam away to drug-laden Maybach Music while driving a Civic to Whole Foods?

In a metaphor so perfect that I’m sure a few of you will think I’m making this up, I had numerous friends willing to offer paragraph-long takes about Ross’ appeal when I mentioned that I was writing this. But not one of them wanted to actually have their name attached to their quote for fear that their companies might Google their names one day and see they’d sung the praises of Ross’ music. All things considered, perhaps Jessica Gomes has it right. Maybe, Maybach Music is best appreciated when no one really knows how or why you’re connected to it. We’re all pretenders anyway, so why start being “real” now?

Damon Young is the co-founder of the award-winning site Very Smart Brothas and co-author of Your Degrees Won't Keep You Warm At Night: The Very Smart Brothas Guide To Dating, Mating, and Fighting Crime."
Follow him on Twitter: @verysmartbros

PurplePhase View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 29 2013 at 11:05am
does he have a deal with maybach?
(didn't read)
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
Dependable Quality Hair