Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
LadyAradia View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 11 2015 at 3:18pm
Welcome Slimacee . Good luck ladies!  I am looking forward to hearing how you each make your own rice water and how you decide to use it.

Edited by LadyAradia - Nov 11 2015 at 3:20pm
Sponsored Links

ejfel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote ejfel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 11 2015 at 5:34pm
Most rice are enriched, so are you ladies buying organic, non enriched rice?
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 11 2015 at 7:41pm
You may buy either. I have heard that brown rice is more vitamin rich. If you use the non organic rice, you'd have to rinse it a few times before you let it sit in water to get out any pesticides.  Other than that, any rice will work.
slimmacee23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote slimmacee23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 11 2015 at 8:06pm
I will be using organic brown rice.
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 12 2015 at 1:34pm
I refreshed my hair today with some of the left over rice water from a few days ago. Once I sprayed it in my hair, I noticed that it smells like vomit. So I will definitely be co washing this out tomorrow with a fresh batch of rice water. I sense that one will not want to store left over rice water because it will get stronger the longer it sits around. That being said, I will tell you that it made my hair feel stronger and shiny again by the time it dried. So I can actually notice how this enhances the substantive, structural feel of the hair and imparts gloss.
ETA Peppermint and Rosemary essential oil fixes the odor issue.

Edited by LadyAradia - Nov 12 2015 at 2:02pm
sexyandfamous View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 12 2015 at 5:46pm
I messed up and let the rice and water cook instead of just boil so I am going to restart this. 
I am going to try again and use it either tomorrow or Saturda whenever the rice water ferments. I am using enriched white rice. I don't feel like going to the store to get a different one.

eta: after watching the video again, i am going to wait until the rice water ferments. i rinsed the rice twice and that is the water i am using. i am letting the rice water sit in a covered container without rice. i will let you guys know how it goes.

Edited by sexyandfamous - Nov 12 2015 at 6:52pm
slimmacee23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote slimmacee23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 12 2015 at 6:15pm
some comments from one of the videos

"Hey guys, just wanted to help some of us out. This tutorial is so awesome that I started looking into the Hongyao women and a few articles on rice water. But one thing I found interesting was in these sources and even in an interview with the Hongyao women, I didn't see anything about boiling until AFTER the water was fermented. After digging a bit more, I found rice water can be obtained by  1) Saving the "first" or "second rinse" of the rice. Just pour your uncooked rice into a bowl and pour tap water (or distilled if tap water isn't soft) until it covers the rice. Rice can be soaked for as long as you like, but in those 1st/2nd rinses the water gets filled with excess starch and nutrients from the rice, and dirt, if any. You then strain the rice (keep for cooking later, it's still nutrient-packed and even cleaner than how you found it!) and keep the rice water in an air tight container for at least 24 hours. When you want to use the rice water, boil it to stop the fermentation, then let cool before use. 2) Bring rice and water to a boil and remove the water from the rice just as it starts to boil. Repeat the process mentioned above. Other than that, using it plain or adding citrus powders/skins, essential oils, etc. will definitely make this cleanser a staple--for your face and body too!"
sexyandfamous View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 12 2015 at 6:35pm
So, I think I understood this wrong, but I just watched the video again, and if you skip to 1:13, it says that they rinse the water twice, and only the thick rice water from the first 2 rounds of rinsing is used.

I thought I was supposed to wash the rice twice and let it sit on the third water. And I saw on the video that she put on the pot only the water, not the rice to cook, which makes sense because the rice will cook and the water will dry out since it will be absorbed by the rice.

VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 13 2015 at 1:14am
 I think the first 2 rinses are quick like rinsing an apple just to get off dirt and debris, then you let the rice and water sit together for at least a day.
To avoid boiling all the water off the rice you can pour most of the water off for your hair as soon as it reaches a quick boil. Leave just enough water in the pot to cook the rice and save the majority of the water for your hair in another container after a quick boil
hth

Edited by LadyAradia - Nov 13 2015 at 1:16am
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 17 2015 at 9:42am
I just used rice water for the 2nd time in a cleansing. It is actually the 3rd time bc I sprayed some on one day as a refresher. This time I co washed with a cheap dollar store  conditioner in the shower then poured like a quart of rice water straight out of a bottle over my head in the shower as the final rinse. I then added my Keracare deep conditioner . I will leave it all on for 1/2 hour with a conditioner cap and then very lightly rinse allowing some to stay in the hair as a leave in. I wish I had some more rice water to do a very final rinse with afterward.
I am already making my next batch. This time I am only using one cup of dry rice with one gallon of water. Last time I had way too much rice to eat when I made several cups of rice. We'll see how less rice in the batch turns out.

Edited by LadyAradia - Nov 18 2015 at 12:11am
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
  Share Topic