Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
LadyAradia View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rice Water Wash Hair Growth Challenge
    Posted: Nov 09 2015 at 7:39am

The Yao Women of China have hair on an average that is 6 feet long and claim that their success is due to washing their hair ONLY in rice water. They also keep their hair in protective styles wrapped around the top of their head under a scarf 24/7. Here is how they keep their hair protected under a scarf 24/7

1) set at least a couple cups of uncooked rice in about a gallon or so of water for anywhere from a day to a week to let it ferment.
2) Boil the rice and water with orange peels, tea leaves  or essential oils of your choice. Some may add a little of your favorite 100% natural oil to the brew.
3) Allow rice water to cool and filter out the solids.
4) Place the rice water in a very large bowl like a punch powl and with a cup, scoop the rice water repeatedly over all the hair to wash the hair. Position yourself so the water runs off your head back into the huge bowl so you can use it to douse your hair repeatedly.
5) Leave  the rice water in the hair for 1/2 hour as treatment
6) After 1/2 hour, you may rinse the rice water out. May also use the deep conditioner of your choice and air dry, braid  or wet set as usual

Beneficial components for hair in rice water:
Inositol, amino acids, vitamin E,B vitamins and pitera. The pitera is an ingredient that comes from fermenting. The pitera is full of antioxidants and is proven to have rejuvenating and beautification properties for the skin. There are articles online about inositol increasing hair growth. Inositol has been proven under microscopic examination to stay in the hair to strengthen damaged and weak areas of the hair after rinsing.

Challenge rules:
Use rice water as either final conditioning rinse or as cleansing agent and final conditioning rinse each time you cleanse your hair. It is preferred that you NOT use any shampoo during the entire challenge unless you are washing out a relaxer or other chemical that day. You may co wash the hair with conditioner or else only use the rice water mixture to wash your hair. You should make a pot of rice water for each time you wash your hair.
Post your activities and results frequently

INSTRUCTIONAL VIDEOS
How to make Rice Water

How to apply Rice Water

Do NOT shampoo the hair after the rice water treatment. 
Leave the rice water in the hair for 1/2 hour then you may simply rinse it out.

Edited by LadyAradia - Nov 09 2015 at 10:49am
Sponsored Links

VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 09 2015 at 8:01am
I poured about 3 or 4 cups of rice in a gallon of distilled water on Friday, November 6th, and just let it sit. I used some white rice and some brown rice. The brown rice has more vitamins and minerals. I shake the bottle and loosen the cap regularly to release the pressure of the gasses that develop from the fermentation process.
In a few days, I will boil the mixture with some orange peels and rosemary leaves. ( I will probably eat the rice each week with some vegetables or beans after I drain the water off of it)  You may also add tea leaves. I will probably go with Horsetail leaf for the tea although you may use the tea leaves of your choice. May add essential oils of your choice. Let it cool. Then I will pour it over my head over a bowl repeatedly to cleanse the hair. This how the Yao women describe making their rice water. 
I will probably co wash in the shower first, as well as using deep conditioners and will continue my conditioner only technique of leaving in conditioners in the hair also. My daily protective styles will be braids, buns, and perhaps wrapping the hair.   Let me know if you have any further questions.

Feel free to join the challenge and post your activities, photos  and updates regularly. This challenge will go on through December 2016

Edited by LadyAradia - Nov 09 2015 at 11:39am
sexyandfamous View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 09 2015 at 11:14am
I watched the first video and they wash the rice twice - but maybe it is because they were the ones who planted, perhaps we only need to wash once. The lady added orange peel and also camellia oil. 
The girl didn't need to soak her hair with the rice water, but she had to make sure her whole hair had been covered. After 20 minutes, she washed with cold water, because the lady with long hair said it was bette. She said you have to wash it all off, do not leave any residue. The girl said it felt like a conditioner. 

They wash their hair once every three days.

I am in! I will still use shampoo though, just not as much as I do. Probably once every 10-15 days. I will do it with rice and orange peel.
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 09 2015 at 11:54am
Welcome S&F! Smile
When you say they wash the hair off... they do NOT mean with shampoo though. They mean RINSE the hair off.  

Here is an article about the matter .http://www.messynessychic.com/2015/11/05/the-chinese-village-of-long-haired-rapunzels What I found most compelling was  that if the women tried to use commercial shampoo instead of rice water, "her hair is immediately stripped of its natural oils and becomes wispy and almost too fragile to brush and then has to use a hair-repairing product to moisturize it." 

So the Yao women specifically say NOT TO USE SHAMPOO. Feel free to use the method with shampoo if you would like though. I will not.The rice water IS their shampoo of sorts. Regarding the camellia oil,  Camelia oil and Rice Bran oil are frequently used in Asia. I did say you may add an oil of your choice if desired. I may add a tiny amount of apricot oil which is my latest  acquisition. I did not add oil or essential oil to my rice because I plan to eat the rice when I am finished and I am not consuming oils at this time. 

If you use an organic rice, you don't need to rinse the rice before soaking it. If you use a rice that was grown with pesticides, you should rinse it before soaking it. As a rule, most people always rinse rice before cooking it.

Edited by LadyAradia - Nov 10 2015 at 7:38am
sexyandfamous View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 09 2015 at 12:06pm
yes, i meant rinse. the woman said she tried shampoo once and did not like it. she said it was hard to comb.

oh, and the lady told the girl to brush her hair forward, but maybe it is just because it is easier to do for someone with long hair and when you are facing a stream of cold water.

i will not use shampoo after i rinse the rice water, but i will still use shampoo a few times a month. I am going to make half a cup of rice today and let it sit.  i think i will wash my hair with that either tomorrow or wednesday.
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 09 2015 at 12:26pm
I put my pot of rice, water, orange peels and a sprig of rosemary on the stove. I let it boil then cool . I did not add a tea because I want to order horsetail leaves for that. I will maybe add them next time I do this.

After the rice cooked, the remaining liquid was like very thick milk. I drained it out and I just used it. I rinsed my hair a long time in the shower first massaging my hair and scalp under clear luke warm water. Then I sat in the tub with the bowl beside me and scooped it onto my hair repeatedly. I need a much larger punch bowl so I can catch the rice water coming off my head into the bowl below so I can have enough to wash my hair thoroughly. I saw some like 2 feet wide clear punch bowls at a dollar store that I think would be perfect. I did do it exactly as the Yao women said. I did not co wash or use any product except water and the rice water. The hair does feel clean and conditioned. I put on a conditioning cap for about 20-30 minutes with the rice water.  I did apply my normal conditioner Keracare Humecto after rinsing out the rice water. I will update

S&F, she told the lady to turn her head upside down so the run off from her hair could be caught in the big bowl and it could be reused repeatedly to douse her hair like a continuous flow scooped up with the cup from the bowl. 

By the way, I am eating some of the rice with some beans right now. It is fine.
Here's another article on the practice
http://www.theepochtimes.com/n3/433572-ancient-hair-care-rice-water-shampoo/

Edited by LadyAradia - Nov 09 2015 at 3:13pm
DiorShowGirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote DiorShowGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 09 2015 at 5:40pm
oh wow..those ladies better of have hide cause someone might kidnap them for their gorgeous hair...I will be trying this after my hair has been removed...learn something new everyday...thanks

i hope this doesn;t go commercial meaning , someone will somehow market off of this hair washing technique/ingredients....in a bottled version...
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 09 2015 at 5:50pm
Welcome Dior Show Girl. Keep us updated on how you are doing everything
DiorShowGirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote DiorShowGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 09 2015 at 6:05pm
^^^^ thanks^^^ I will once this is removed..wish this was news to me earlier..way earlier like 5-10 years ago...thanks for posting this
slimmacee23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote slimmacee23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 10 2015 at 8:53pm
I will be joining this challenge! 1x a week! I will begin my first rice rinse next week. This week I will do a well-needed protein treatment and will be using the rice water as maintenance. 
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
  Share Topic