FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

Rhassoul / Bentonite clay

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
Loves2Laugh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Loves2Laugh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 06 2013 at 12:34pm
^^^^ Thanks for your advice :). I'm gonna try & get some rhassoul in time for my main wash on Sunday. I was going to get the cottage one the girl used in the you-tube vid a few posts up, but I'll check out the French company.

ETA I just viewed the you-tube vid again and I realised it was CurlyProverbs, who's vid is on after the one above, who used the Shea Cottage Rhassoul.

ETA2: The website I found was Shea Butter Cottage NOT Shea Cottage like CurlyProverbs said, so I don't know if it's the one she's talking about. Regardless, I may order from SBC first as the Aroma-Zone website is in French and I'm too tired to work out if they deliver to England, as well as how much it would cost. I did find an English version of their site but there didn't seem to be any Rhassoul on it. I've emailed them and I hope they can help me out, because their Rhassoul is cheaper.

Edited by Loves2Laugh - Nov 06 2013 at 6:24pm
Sponsored Links

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Loves2Laugh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 10 2013 at 5:46am
@cherryblossom, how much do you pay for P&P to the UK for Aroma-Zone?  I decided to postpone buying the Rhassoul elsewhere and see if I can get it from them by next week instead,
JoliePoufiasse View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 10 2013 at 2:14pm
I tried it yesterday and it left my hair really soft. I mixed it with aloe vera and added some olive oil, castor oil and a bit of conditioner in it. I wonder if I can use this instead of shampoo from now on or if this should be strictly for when I want to clarify. 

I could have decided not to follow with a conditioner treatment but I did out of habit. I noticed that my final ACV rinse that I use to keep my scalp dandruff free messed everything up though :( My hair felt dry after that even though my scalp feels wonderful. I'll apply the ACV directly to my scalp next time.

Edited by JoliePoufiasse - Nov 10 2013 at 2:16pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Loves2Laugh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 11 2013 at 7:06pm
V disappointed. After spending 3 days:

- which oils are best for growth/shedding;
- Trying to translate French words to English (and vice-versa),and;
- Finally figuring out that the English and French site are same

I found out the company doesn't accept my Natwest Debit card and a Swift Transfer, the only other payment option they offer, will cost me an additional £10 charge using my own bank.

Back to square one. Pinch

Edited by Loves2Laugh - Nov 11 2013 at 7:07pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Loves2Laugh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 12 2013 at 3:14pm
^^^ I'll check them out - thanks

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Loves2Laugh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 13 2013 at 6:06pm
Update: Thanks for all your help but but I decided to purchase through eBay this time.

Although Of A Simple Nature's Rhassoul is just over a pound cheaper, delivery is free from the eBay site, which made it cheaper in total. Plus, I bought a small botlle of Argan Oil to try out. Both items are supposed to be organic and from Morrocco (although I know you never really know with eBay!).

If they're no good and I have to get them elsewhere, at least I won't have lost loads of money.

- Organic Rhassoul 100 grams £3.49
- Organic Argan Oil 10 mls £2.99

Edited by Loves2Laugh - Nov 13 2013 at 6:07pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Loves2Laugh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 18 2013 at 5:34pm
In preparation for when my Rhassoul arrives:

1) Can I use the following in a mix with it?

- EO
- Glycerine
- Aussie Moist Conditioner (it has cones)
- Chopped up garlic or onions
- Sulfur or MSM
- Amla, bhringraj  or other Ayurvedic products (possibly in their pure form)

2) What else can I add to it? I'm trying to increase moisture and growth and decrease shedding. I've already used non-EO (Jojoba. EVOO etc) with Kaolin clay and I plan to use them in the Rhassoul. Also I don't want to use protein at all or anything that hardens the hair.

TIA Smile

Edited by Loves2Laugh - Nov 19 2013 at 4:53pm
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon