FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Rhassoul / Bentonite clay

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
Midna View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Midna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 30 2013 at 1:33am
I wash my hair with clay! I usually use bentonite clay.

I too wash my hair first with a liquid cleansing agent for the sake of removing oils and whatever has built up on my scalp then I do a conditioning cleanse with Terressentials (which is mainly bentonite) and condition after.

I actually don't have to condition after using the clay/mud wash, but I do it anyway to baby and pamper my tresses. LOL Sometimes I make my own bentonite wash but I usually use terressentials because the consistency of the mix is much more even. When mixing bentonite with water, it really clumps and lumps which I don't like, especially when those lumps get caught in my hair. For me to get a smooth consistency, I have to use a vinegar which is great on the face, but I've never been too sure about using in my hair purely because ACV closes the hair's cuticles and I'm trying to remove toxins and a closed shaft will make that harder. I could just dilute the mixture with more water too, though. I've never actually attempted the acv/bentonite mix so I think I'll just try it when I'm running low on Terressentials.

Anyway, bentonite is freaking great on the hair. If you think you don't have any legit curls or definition to your hair, bentonite might change your mind. It is literally the only thing that makes my hair have defined and clumped curls.

Even when stretching my hair, my hair will have those little uniform waves you commonly see on looser kinky textures which I never get from anything else. Bentonite is gentle, REALLY softens up the hair, and ultimately does everything right, including detoxifying your scalp.

I'll try rhassoul clay someday. Big smile
Sponsored Links

CherryBlossom View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CherryBlossom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 30 2013 at 4:33pm
^^yes! do try it midna, rhassoul clay is excellent..I'm so upset I've run out though..Disapprove

anywhoo Jolie, I thought you'd find this useful

JoliePoufiasse View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 31 2013 at 3:47pm

^^^Thanks for the video, Cherry Blossom. It shows the process very clearly.  I guess I'm taking away from this that you have to wash your scalp separately beforehand and also detangle the hair before putting on the clay. I was hoping that the clay on the scalp alone would cleanse it, though. It's a little disappointing in that sense because it becomes an extra step (I usually wash with a homemade black soap shampoo to keep my scalp clean and I was hoping to skip that and go straight to the clay. This is making for a loooooong wash day!)

Anyways, it seems to leave the hair looking and feeling really good! I'll do it in two weeks.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CherryBlossom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 01 2013 at 4:56am
if your hair isn't too dirty (from styling products, oil residue etc.), you could definitely use the clay on it's own without washing beforehand..I've done that before when I wasn't using as many products to moisturise.
Loves2Laugh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Loves2Laugh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 04 2013 at 6:08pm
Is this suitable for fine, 4b, protein sensitive hair? I'm still trying recover from protein overload, but lot of products react like protein in my hair. This stuff sounds to too good to be true - at least for me!

Also, does Rhassoul = bentonite?

Edited by Loves2Laugh - Nov 04 2013 at 6:12pm
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CherryBlossom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 05 2013 at 3:28am
Originally posted by Loves2Laugh Loves2Laugh wrote:

Is this suitable for fine, 4b, protein sensitive hair? I'm still trying recover from protein overload, but lot of products react like protein in my hair. This stuff sounds to too good to be true - at least for me!

Also, does Rhassoul = bentonite?
yep it should be...I have fine/medium 4-something hair (although not really protein sensitive but that doesn't matter) as well and it works just fine. 

In fact, I ran out of rhassoul recently (fmlLOLOuch) and felt a noticeable difference in my hair without it (drier, more tangles, harder to detangle).

I purchase mine from a French company..theirs is far cheaper than any UK retailers:

And no, they're two different things. I've always thought betonite=cleansing but rhassoul=cleansing+conditioning.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Loves2Laugh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 06 2013 at 12:34pm
^^^^ Thanks for your advice :). I'm gonna try & get some rhassoul in time for my main wash on Sunday. I was going to get the cottage one the girl used in the you-tube vid a few posts up, but I'll check out the French company.

ETA I just viewed the you-tube vid again and I realised it was CurlyProverbs, who's vid is on after the one above, who used the Shea Cottage Rhassoul.

ETA2: The website I found was Shea Butter Cottage NOT Shea Cottage like CurlyProverbs said, so I don't know if it's the one she's talking about. Regardless, I may order from SBC first as the Aroma-Zone website is in French and I'm too tired to work out if they deliver to England, as well as how much it would cost. I did find an English version of their site but there didn't seem to be any Rhassoul on it. I've emailed them and I hope they can help me out, because their Rhassoul is cheaper.

Edited by Loves2Laugh - Nov 06 2013 at 6:24pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Loves2Laugh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 10 2013 at 5:46am
@cherryblossom, how much do you pay for P&P to the UK for Aroma-Zone?  I decided to postpone buying the Rhassoul elsewhere and see if I can get it from them by next week instead,
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CherryBlossom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 10 2013 at 8:13am
^^I normally buy other things from them too so I end up with free delivery but for anything under 59 euros, it says you pay 6.90 euros (that's around £5.75) if you're based within the EU.

http://www.aroma-zone.com/aroma/conditions.asp

...they're really prompt with their orders too, I'm sure you'll get it by next week!

eta: go though their French website (the other ones suckLOL) and use google chrome (that automatically translates it into English), scroll to the bottom for the rhassoul:

Edited by CherryBlossom - Nov 10 2013 at 8:17am
JoliePoufiasse View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 10 2013 at 2:14pm
I tried it yesterday and it left my hair really soft. I mixed it with aloe vera and added some olive oil, castor oil and a bit of conditioner in it. I wonder if I can use this instead of shampoo from now on or if this should be strictly for when I want to clarify. 

I could have decided not to follow with a conditioner treatment but I did out of habit. I noticed that my final ACV rinse that I use to keep my scalp dandruff free messed everything up though :( My hair felt dry after that even though my scalp feels wonderful. I'll apply the ACV directly to my scalp next time.

Edited by JoliePoufiasse - Nov 10 2013 at 2:16pm
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>