Rhassoul / Bentonite clay

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
JoliePoufiasse View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rhassoul / Bentonite clay
    Posted: Oct 15 2013 at 1:14am
I'm thinking of giving this a try. How often do you wash your hair with clay?

Sponsored Links

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 15 2013 at 3:11pm
Originally posted by CherryBlossom CherryBlossom wrote:

I just did a rhassoul clay treatment yesterday actually. 

I do it every 2-3 weeks, I shampoo, condition and then apply the mask. It really makes a huge difference for my hair...I notice less tangling and breakage since it stretches the hair out a bit.
Oh, you shampoo the hair first? I thought the clay was meant to act as a clarifying shampoo?
rell85 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rell85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 16 2013 at 12:58am
Once a month I make it like a mud was using clay, aloe vera juice, grapeseed oil, apple cider vinegar, and whatever tea I'm drinking, I apply it on semi wet dirty hair let it sit for 45 min the rinse and style. If any left over I use it for a face mask.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 16 2013 at 1:30pm
Thanks ladies!
Benni View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 26 2013 at 7:27pm
Question for those with 'Clay' knowledge

I have heard that 100% Bentonite Clay = Unscented Kitty litter, which can be used as a Facial. Is this the same Bentonite Clay that can be used as a Hair Mask

TIA
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 29 2013 at 1:44pm
I just received my rhassoul clay and I want to use it as a cleanser. Question: can I rub my scalp with it or is it going to make my hair tangle? It's important for my scalp to be clean...
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 29 2013 at 3:34pm
Originally posted by CherryBlossom CherryBlossom wrote:

Jolie, don't rub enough to tangle your roots, just smooth it onto your scalp and hair, cover with a plastic cap/bag and let it sit for a while...

Thanks, will do.
Midna View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Midna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 30 2013 at 1:33am
I wash my hair with clay! I usually use bentonite clay.

I too wash my hair first with a liquid cleansing agent for the sake of removing oils and whatever has built up on my scalp then I do a conditioning cleanse with Terressentials (which is mainly bentonite) and condition after.

I actually don't have to condition after using the clay/mud wash, but I do it anyway to baby and pamper my tresses. LOL Sometimes I make my own bentonite wash but I usually use terressentials because the consistency of the mix is much more even. When mixing bentonite with water, it really clumps and lumps which I don't like, especially when those lumps get caught in my hair. For me to get a smooth consistency, I have to use a vinegar which is great on the face, but I've never been too sure about using in my hair purely because ACV closes the hair's cuticles and I'm trying to remove toxins and a closed shaft will make that harder. I could just dilute the mixture with more water too, though. I've never actually attempted the acv/bentonite mix so I think I'll just try it when I'm running low on Terressentials.

Anyway, bentonite is freaking great on the hair. If you think you don't have any legit curls or definition to your hair, bentonite might change your mind. It is literally the only thing that makes my hair have defined and clumped curls.

Even when stretching my hair, my hair will have those little uniform waves you commonly see on looser kinky textures which I never get from anything else. Bentonite is gentle, REALLY softens up the hair, and ultimately does everything right, including detoxifying your scalp.

I'll try rhassoul clay someday. Big smile
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 31 2013 at 3:47pm

^^^Thanks for the video, Cherry Blossom. It shows the process very clearly.  I guess I'm taking away from this that you have to wash your scalp separately beforehand and also detangle the hair before putting on the clay. I was hoping that the clay on the scalp alone would cleanse it, though. It's a little disappointing in that sense because it becomes an extra step (I usually wash with a homemade black soap shampoo to keep my scalp clean and I was hoping to skip that and go straight to the clay. This is making for a loooooong wash day!)

Anyways, it seems to leave the hair looking and feeling really good! I'll do it in two weeks.
Loves2Laugh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Loves2Laugh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 04 2013 at 6:08pm
Is this suitable for fine, 4b, protein sensitive hair? I'm still trying recover from protein overload, but lot of products react like protein in my hair. This stuff sounds to too good to be true - at least for me!

Also, does Rhassoul = bentonite?

Edited by Loves2Laugh - Nov 04 2013 at 6:12pm
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon