Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

RG3 Called A Cornball Brotha on ESPN smh

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Ladybird0724 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ladybird0724 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 14 2012 at 4:02pm
Originally posted by OoDles O OoDles O wrote:

Stephen A's comments at the end pretty much summed it up for me...

basically.

he need to leave my fantasy qb alone.

Edited by Ladybird0724 - Dec 14 2012 at 4:02pm
Sponsored Links

teendiva View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote teendiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 14 2012 at 5:18pm
Ugh why did he say that sh*t? My brother told me how ESPN focuses on "black quarterbacks in the NFL" and the way he told me had me cracking up, it just seems like a silly topic. I don't watch football, but I can guess why (white) folks would obsess on a racial topic like that.
Kinda OT, but I was in the bank a few months ago and one of the TVs was on ESPN. Surprise surprise they were talking about "Black quarterbacks in the NFL." One banker acted like he wanted me to get out ASAP   
carolina cutie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote carolina cutie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 14 2012 at 6:13pm
He is corny but ain't nothin' wrong with that. Plenty of corny athletes out there that are doing just fine. Word to the QBs I've seen.LOL
Limalady View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Limalady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 14 2012 at 6:28pm
I don't have a problem with Rob's comments, and I don't have a problem with RG3's comments. I do think RG3 is a cornball, but so am I. What's wrong with being corny?
nitabug View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote nitabug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 14 2012 at 7:47pm
That's a conversation he should have on the Breakfast club....not ESPN
Gkisses View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gkisses Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 15 2012 at 12:00am
Rob Parker is a trip always has been. I dont take him seriously all the time and he gets on his high horse about certain things...When he was doing a local show here he went in on Blk athletes and how they tend to date/marry nonblack women... shh was hilarious but yeah. Sometimes rob needs to chill 
bunzaveli View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bunzaveli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 15 2012 at 12:45am
Originally posted by James Avery James Avery wrote:

he's just a humble dude from Texas who likes white women. let him live.
funny post of the day
JasonWllms55 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JasonWllms55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 20 2012 at 10:30pm

Rob Parker gets 30-day suspension from ESPN for ‘cornball brother’ commentary directed at Washington Redskins QB Robert Griffin III 

The suspension, which might be viewed as a slap on the wrist, comes one week after Parker, an African American, was suspended for insisting Griffin isn't black enough to suit him.

Comments (54)

By Bob Raissman / NEW YORK DAILY NEWS

Print
Rob Parker discusses Robert Griffin II and calls him a &quot;cornball brother&quot; on ESPN.

Marcus Sorrentino via YouTube

Rob Parker discusses Robert Griffin III and calls him a 'cornball brother' on ESPN.

Rob Parker won't walk the plank.

Parker, who unleashed a racially charged spew vilifying Redskins rookie quarterback Robert Griffin III on ESPN's "First Take" has been hit with a 30 day suspension.

"Our review of the preparation for the show and the re-air has established that mistakes both in judgement and communication were made," Marcia Keegan, the ESPN executive who oversees "First Take" said Thursday. "As a direct result, clearly inappropriate content was aired and then re-aired without editing. Both were errors on our part."

Keegan said ESPN has "enhanced the editorial oversight" of "First Take." She said "disciplinary measures" with the people responsible "for these failures" have also been taken.

PARKERWEB21S_2_WEB

Tom Pennington/Getty Images

ESPN's Rob Parker says he has reached out to Robert Griffin III's agent to offer apology.

The 30 days suspension, which might be viewed as a slap on the wrist, comes one week after Parker, an African American, was suspended for insisting Griffin isn't black enough to suit him. "Is he a brother or a cornball brother?" Parker asked on "First Take."

"He's black, he kind of does the thing," Parker said. "But he's not really down with the cause. He's not one of us. He's kinda black, but he's not really like the guy you really want to hang out with because he's off into something else."

Keegan said the incident will not change the direction of the show.

"We will continue to discuss the important issues in sports, including race. Debate is an integral part of sports and we will continue to engage in it," she said. "However, we believe what we have learned here and the steps we have taken will help us do all that better."

On Wednesday, Parker took to Twitter to apologize for his commentary. "I blew it and I'm sincerely sorry," Parker wrote. "I completely understand how the issue of race and sports is a sensitive one and needs to be handled with great care. Last Thursday I failed to do that."

Parker said he reached out to Griffin's agent with the hopes of making a direct apology to the quarterback.

ESPN's decision clearly indicates other production personnel was disciplined for allowing Parker's commentary to run not only on a "First Take" replay but also on "The Best of First Take." It isn't clear if Parker told the producers in advance what he was going to say about Griffin.

Initially, Parker's Twitter account did not reflect the network's concern. He did not apologize immediately, but rather posted tweets either supporting his point of view or his right to say what he said.

Parker, a former Daily News sportswriter who is a TV and radio personality in Detroit, had just been elevated to the primary "debater" on the new Saturday edition of "First Take." His critics have said much of his commentary is designed to draw attention to himself. In this case he's succeeded.

"It's a double-edged sword over there (at ESPN)," an industry source said. "They want these debate shows to be provocative. Then when someone pushes too far, they've got a problem? It's tricky."

Parker clearly took those words very seriously.

Now he'll have 30 days thinking about how to choose his words.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/espn-hits-rob-parker-30-day-ban-article-1.1224508#ixzz2FepRTJtb
ms_wonderland View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ms_wonderland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 20 2012 at 10:31pm
lol

i didnt know that he also brought up RG3 being a Republican. 

Oh Well...

Why wasn't Stephen Smith suspended when he went on a tirade about domestic violence?  Putting the blame on women....
JasonWllms55 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JasonWllms55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 20 2012 at 10:35pm
great minds think alike wonderbread. Stephen A has been on some anti women rants recently. the last one happened when chad johnson was there last week,.   
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style